Home

MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 Coming to Xbox Game Pass on April 20 within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2021, 11:32 AM   #41
Rookie

rbaker1979's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Mlb The Show 21 Launching on Gamepass

WOW

Guess it's a good thing saves don't carry over this year, makes the decision much easier for me. Especially since SSD space is at a premium until Sony eventually unlocks the SSD expansion slot.

Sucks to miss out on the loyalty card we usually get for having previous versions, but maybe I'll toss some of the money I was going to spend on the game toward packs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #42
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjams23
Yes. When it comes to MLB The Show we must think about the poor PS users. Oh the humanity.
If I had a dollar for every time I saw an XBox user complain that the Show was a PS exclusive the past 10 years I could have bought San Diego Studios by now.

So don't come at some PS users who are annoyed a game they've been paying full price for for the last decade is suddenly a $15 launch title on Xbox for a period of time.

Last edited by BA2929; 04-02-2021 at 11:40 AM.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 0

Yes... we must consider the suffering of the PS owners when it comes to MLB The Show.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:34 AM   #44
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
You're probably right, but it's still a SIE made game. I just wouldn't get my hopes up for it lasting longer than 1 month. If it does though, great!
I kinda throw the "It's a SIE game" out the window since this actually happened...you don't really see MS add a game for 1 month, i think that would anger people more than be beneficial. I dunno though, just shocked this even happened, but i can always rebuy on sale later if i have to.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:35 AM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 0

The suffering... the torment... it must be unbearable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2021, 11:39 AM   #46
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
I kinda throw the "It's a SIE game" out the window since this actually happened...you don't really see MS add a game for 1 month, i think that would anger people more than be beneficial. I dunno though, just shocked this even happened, but i can always rebuy on sale later if i have to.
I'm probably just speaking out of my butt on this so you guys are probably correct. I haven't used Game Pass since 'Sea of Thieves' released so I'm a little out of the loop lol.

I also don't know why people would be angry to get to play a game for essentially free for a month before having to buy it though, but who knows (I'm assuming a majority of XBox users have Game Pass at this point). Gamers are always finding something to be upset about.

Happy for XBox owners! Game Pass is becoming a great value.
Old 04-02-2021, 11:43 AM   #47
Rookie

OVR: 4

As someone who has a PS5 and a Series S, I have a (good, pretty minor) dilemma: do I enjoy my free copy of The Show on Xbox and potentially get locked into that platform for years if year to year franchise saves come back, or buy a full price game on a different platform like a dweeb?
Old 04-02-2021, 12:04 PM   #48
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by insideoutside15
As someone who has a PS5 and a Series S, I have a (good, pretty minor) dilemma: do I enjoy my free copy of The Show on Xbox and potentially get locked into that platform for years if year to year franchise saves come back, or buy a full price game on a different platform like a dweeb?
I'd go PS5 honestly, especially if you plan on using year to year saves or are planning on getting a 4k TV in the future (or already have one). I wouldn't assume that The Show is going to be on Game Pass every single year.

If you had a Series X I'd be giving you a different answer though.

The only way I'd recommend getting the game for the S is if you're one of those super competitive Show players who bought a fancy 1440p monitor. Series S can only display 1440p max so that's why I'm bringing this up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »