Home

Where is the gameplay

This is a discussion on Where is the gameplay within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-14-2021, 09:50 AM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Where is the gameplay

Sad to say, I think a lot of gameplay was not given this year due to "hiding" of things they would have to explain, like SOTS and Y2Y saves, also the stadium creator not being in current gen. You would have to edit heavily to avoid revealing things like that. remember than one year a developer showed something in a stream he wasn't supposed to?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #18
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by baconbits11
Sad to say, I think a lot of gameplay was not given this year due to "hiding" of things they would have to explain, like SOTS and Y2Y saves, also the stadium creator not being in current gen. You would have to edit heavily to avoid revealing things like that. remember than one year a developer showed something in a stream he wasn't supposed to?
The SOTS news is coming in late, but they were upfront about Y2Y being gone this year and Stadium Creator being next-gen only so there's nothing to hide with those.

If they wanted to, they could show gameplay without even touching any of those three features anyway.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:48 AM   #19
Rookie

I'm not sure how anyone can defend not showing some gameplay at this point.

I know that from a company perspective, there are two ways of looking at it. It's either going to generate more interest (especially in a year where Xbox gamers are able to play), or they have nothing to gain from showing gameplay because people will pick it apart.

The thing is, that's never stopped them from showing gameplay in the past so I would be lying if I said it didn't concern me a little they really haven't showcased some extended videos as opposed to little clips showcasing certain aspects of the game.
Old 04-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #20
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
The SOTS news is coming in late, but they were upfront about Y2Y being gone this year and Stadium Creator being next-gen only so there's nothing to hide with those.

If they wanted to, they could show gameplay without even touching any of those three features anyway.
From my recollection, they have never actually address Y2Y saves and SoTS. Those were discovered via FAQ on theshowforum website. Correct me if I am wrong on that.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:20 AM   #21
All Star

SmashMan's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
From my recollection, they have never actually address Y2Y saves and SoTS. Those were discovered via FAQ on theshowforum website. Correct me if I am wrong on that.
I think that's right. To me the difference is that with SoTS news they're sneaking that in just before release, but Y2Y save info was put out around the same time as all the other info in that first batch of news. It was on their site when their site was all the info we had to go off of.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2021, 11:37 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcnumba10
Just YouTube MLB The Show 20?
OMG don't you know that balls bounce more left than center left, and during a bat flip the bat has 3 rotations instead of 2, and the helmets are black instead of dark gray /s
Old 04-14-2021, 12:01 PM   #23
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwill33
I’ve been around long enough to remember when the devs used to play for us in streams or release game play with major (and sometimes minor) sites. Then, they’d read our feedback and interact with their loyal fanbase to fine-tune things. We’d sometimes get updates from one week to the next on things they fixed because we spotted from a stream or video of prerelease footage.

Or they would often see our comments and say, we also noticed that issue and have resolved it for the next build. Now we spend money to find these things out and what we transcribe from our experiences usually falls on deaf ears if it’s not about competitive balance issues with online DD.

I have 2 brand new consoles sitting beneath my tv at home. And I’ve literally not seen one full minute of how this game will conclusively look, play, feel, or differentiate from anything in the past. But they have no problem charging full price+$10 and releasing the game 3 weeks into the regular season, all while dropping features that have been around for a decade plus without nary a word.
The community involvement has been pretty disappointing for several years now. They're even moving to XBOX and nothing. Being realistic, maybe they do realize showing gameplay will not visually set 21 apart from 20 so from a marketing standpoint, intentionally have not shown anything.
It's hard though...especially when I got my neighbor playing their franchise across the street...maybe I will occupy myself with Glamore Magazine.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:30 PM   #24
Rookie

OUSOONERS#1's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy
The community involvement has been pretty disappointing for several years now. They're even moving to XBOX and nothing. Being realistic, maybe they do realize showing gameplay will not visually set 21 apart from 20 so from a marketing standpoint, intentionally have not shown anything.
This should concern all PlayStation players as it’s really insane that Sony is helping out Microsoft so much as I promise you they have lost a lot of pre orders since it’s being offered for free on game pass !!!! The only reason SoTS wouldn’t be on PS5 is because it’s not available to Xbox owners 😡 Cause you can play the show 20 on PS5 and upload music into it so it’s not because the PS5 can’t handle it !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »