Home

Help Navigating New RTTS

This is a discussion on Help Navigating New RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 03:02 PM   #57
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: RTTS Forces Two Way Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
Yep. Create your “ball player” from the main menu and you get to select your load out and your traits. You are NOT forced to play both positions. I personally love it and will be!

Attachment 191521

Before the first game it gives you this option.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Unfortunately, the first time you load up RTTS (literally the very first time you start the mode) is the only time you'll be prompted to edit your repertoire.

I made the unforgivable sin of not selecting the precise pitches I wanted the first time I booted up RTTS, and haven't found an option to edit the repertoire since (even when creating new RTTS save files).

I think SDS literally gives you one chance to select pitches for your universal "Ballplayer" avatar.

...a "universal" character has options set from within a game mode...

In which universe does that make sense?

It's super misleading too, because I went in thinking that you'd have that chance per RTTS file or per "Loadout"...

Nope. Once. Then from there you gotta wait for the nonsensical training days and hope to get the proper pitch replacement for the proper slot.

i.e: I started with sinker, slider, 4-seamer, but was planning to switch to 4-seam, 12-6 curve, cutter/slider/split

It would be a nightmare having to wait out the proper pitch replacement options on the required # of training days to get the repertoire I want.

I even thought I could sim through a month+ to do it, but I got a grand total of 0 training days when I simmed a month into a new RTTS file. I have a sickening feeling that in-season progress might be tied to your "Ballplayer" avatar, to "balance online play" in DD (would ring a loud NBA2K bell if the case)

Other possibility is that simming to advance does not activate training days, which would be a variant of the same ****** up situation
Old 04-17-2021, 03:58 PM   #58
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Help Navigating New RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUSOONERS#1
They want everyone to have to go to DD because of the card system as they have pretty much messed every mode in this game trying get people hooked on there money making scheme !!! There is no defending them anymore as they have made it abundantly clear with this game that you will play and grind or pay money too speed it up ... If I wanted to pay money for cards I’d buy real ones !!!
I think the ironic part about people going to this is that DD is like the least pay-to-win mode out there of any card mode. Most of us on here don't spend any money because there's no need, and there's even less need now than ever before this year because you can get any reward in the game now by just playing a bunch.

Peeps can have whatever theories they want, but if that's the theory people go with, then SDS is just sort of bad at its job since DD isn't that sort of bleed-you-dry P2W mode.

I think the better theory would just be to say they didn't read the room right for what peeps wanted out of tweaks to the mode.
Old 04-17-2021, 04:44 PM   #59
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think the ironic part about people going to this is that DD is like the least pay-to-win mode out there of any card mode. Most of us on here don't spend any money because there's no need, and there's even less need now than ever before this year because you can get any reward in the game now by just playing a bunch.

Peeps can have whatever theories they want, but if that's the theory people go with, then SDS is just sort of bad at its job since DD isn't that sort of bleed-you-dry P2W mode.

I think the better theory would just be to say they didn't read the room right for what peeps wanted out of tweaks to the mode.
But how many stubs do you earn per hour of RTTS? High demand diamond equipment (and I assume traits) are expensive.

And let's be honest here, the marketplace and buying of stubs is preying on the impatient among the players.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:07 PM   #60
#BringBackFaceuary

ChaseB's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz
But how many stubs do you earn per hour of RTTS? High demand diamond equipment (and I assume traits) are expensive.

And let's be honest here, the marketplace and buying of stubs is preying on the impatient among the players.
Well then I would say they're trying to get money out of RttS players in general rather than using DD as the vector to do it if you want to stick with that line of thinking. Because, again, DD is not really a P2W mode unless you want to make it that. 2K yoinks money from peeps in their career mode (especially out of the gates), and maybe SDS wanted at least a taste of that action etc. -- if you want to use that theory.
Old 04-17-2021, 05:27 PM   #61
Rookie

Wait there are college teams? Which ones?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 06:49 PM   #62
Rookie

WhiteBunny's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
Well then I would say they're trying to get money out of RttS players in general rather than using DD as the vector to do it if you want to stick with that line of thinking. Because, again, DD is not really a P2W mode unless you want to make it that. 2K yoinks money from peeps in their career mode (especially out of the gates), and maybe SDS wanted at least a taste of that action etc. -- if you want to use that theory.
Which is the worst possible scenario for a mode like Road to the Show.

Now here is the problem:

- They rework the player progression ( for a worst and pathetic one ) to merge RTTS with DD. That's why you can't import players from previous iterations of The Show.

- You can't have multiple characters anymore. You're just forced with one tied to your online profile and with a tons of limitations ( to avoid cheating in DD ). Loadouts ( it is COD ? ) are not a solution at all, you're still tied with a single character.

- You can't use sliders in RTTS, which are a huge part ( and fun ) of The Show, because they don't want you to use a player boosted with cheap/cheaty sliders set.

And that's only the top of the iceberg. And it's enough to completely destroy a single player experience like Road to the Show. They're just forcing players to interact with DD enviroment, which is infuriating and really unfair. It's greedy.
Old 04-17-2021, 07:01 PM   #63
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBunny

- You can't have multiple characters anymore. You're just forced with one tied to your online profile and with a tons of limitations ( to avoid cheating in DD ). Loadouts ( it is COD ? ) are not a solution at all, you're still tied with a single character.
Yes you can, I have a 3B and a Closer in 2 separate RTTS's. Each one has its own loadout

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions
Old 04-17-2021, 08:02 PM   #64
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: RTTS Forces Two Way Player?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan28
Yep. Create your “ball player” from the main menu and you get to select your load out and your traits. You are NOT forced to play both positions. I personally love it and will be!

Attachment 191521

Before the first game it gives you this option.

Thats good to hear, being that ive been with Xbox
box since its inception, im just glad to have a baseball game!1

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »