Home

Help Navigating New RTTS

This is a discussion on Help Navigating New RTTS within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2021, 08:54 PM   #65
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Help Navigating New RTTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Yes you can, I have a 3B and a Closer in 2 separate RTTS's. Each one has its own loadout
But they're the same character. You can't have a 5'9" fatso pitcher and a 6'4" jacked first baseman. You can't have a Japanese 2B and a catcher from Milwaukee. They took away all differentiation other than position and ratings.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2021, 08:56 PM   #66
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseB
I think the ironic part about people going to this is that DD is like the least pay-to-win mode out there of any card mode.
The least smelly turd is still a turd.
Old 04-17-2021, 11:57 PM   #67
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Instant C1a55ic
Yes you can, I have a 3B and a Closer in 2 separate RTTS's. Each one has its own loadout

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
But in that case are you not just playing the same character in two different saves. It suits the purpose but I would prefer me speedy CF not look exactly like my beefy power hitting 1B.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:00 AM   #68
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

I am not one to double post but I will put this here too. I forced myself to actually start RTTS since I have been criticizing it so loudly. This is what i have found so far.
--------------------------------------

I decided that if I was going to keep commenting on RTTS that I need to experience it first hand.

1. I created my ballplayer. Set up his appearance and everything and equipped the equipment I had. Because I have been mostly playing DDI had done the Jackie Robinson conquest map which gives some good diamond equipment.

2. I went into the loadout and chose Sparkplug (plus contact) archetype. It shows on the Archetype which positions that archetype is suited for. I am not sure but this may limit the choice you have in DD or RTTS on positions. I decided to be a high contact CF.

3. Why might you want to choose a team instead of be drafted? I am a Cardinals fan so of course I was drafted by the Cubs.

4. Went through the two way player video and had a discussion with my coach. Every chance I had to say that I wanted to only be a position player I chose that option. I only pitched a single game (5 innings I think).

5. This brought up the first issue that I seemed to have. Before a game it tells you what you will be doing that game Pitch, CF, DH, Pinch Hit and allow you to choose a loadout. This did not seem to work for me. In early games I hit with a pitching loadout and pitched with a hitting loadout. ***This appears to be a bug many are having

6. Once the pitching experiment was done the game started playing like RTTS from last year. Increases for performing well, challenges you can accept, training on off days (including mini-games). I think that the teammate relationships are still there because I see the icons as I play but I have not had any interaction in the clubhouse yet.

7. My missions for my archetype have been progressing. I am 28 points down the Sparkplug exp line. At 100 I get to choose the next level of sparkplug archetype. There are three options. Each further enhances my contact and one other area (power, speed or fielding).

8. I have seen absolutely nothing that forces you to play DD at all. The only benefit to doing so would be to play the JR Conquest map for good free equipment.

9. It is too soon to tell how much progression may have been crippled to push people to the marketplace. We know that base attributes only go so high through play. It seems like the biggest boost will come from the Archetype card, which is earned by playing and can't be bought. The perk cards and equipment will most likely need to be purchased to get the best ones.

Overall, not as bad as I thought it might be, at least so far but I am still not a fan of the changes. The loss of year to year saves will keep me from investing much time in the mode. I still miss the good ole days when you earned training points based on how you played and were allowed to put them wherever you wanted. The fact that you can't have multiple players with different names and looks kind of sucks too.
Old 04-18-2021, 12:12 AM   #69
#realtalk

dalger21's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolenz

9. It is too soon to tell how much progression may have been crippled to push people to the marketplace. We know that base attributes only go so high through play. It seems like the biggest boost will come from the Archetype card, which is earned by playing and can't be bought. The perk cards and equipment will most likely need to be purchased to get the best ones.
So basically once you hit the max cap (which seems to be 50 for each category) you're forced to get cards and other things not associated with actually playing RttS to increase your attributes? Am I getting that right?
Old 04-18-2021, 12:27 AM   #70
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalger21
So basically once you hit the max cap (which seems to be 50 for each category) you're forced to get cards and other things not associated with actually playing RttS to increase your attributes? Am I getting that right?
Yes.

Upgrade of the Archetype happens while playing (unless you are bugged which some people appear to be). You have repeatable missions that earn you points. Once you hit 100 points you get to upgrade your archetype. For my guy it is plate appearances and hits and such.

Perk Cards - As you progress along the path to 100 you will earn Perk Packs that have perk cards in them. These are things like Contact I and Contact II, Power I and Power II, etc. These cards give boosts to one attribute but usally at the cost of another.

Equipment - You will also earn equipment packs as you go which will have random equipment in them. Equipment can be equipped on your player to boost stats. For example a pair of shoes will boost your speed attribute.

Now, if you want your player to be a mega baseball god then chances are you will have to venture into the market and buy the rarer perk cards and equipment with stubs unless you get lucky with the packs.
Old 04-18-2021, 01:18 AM   #71
Rookie

fuhrsy's Arena

I just got promoted to AAA and now my loadouts don't progress towards the program. Stuck at 62/100. Also Kind of a pain but I figured out if you head to the clubhouse after every game and then start a new game the proper loadout will be selected.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2021, 01:42 AM   #72
MVP

Dolenz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuhrsy
I just got promoted to AAA and now my loadouts don't progress towards the program. Stuck at 62/100. Also Kind of a pain but I figured out if you head to the clubhouse after every game and then start a new game the proper loadout will be selected.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Operation Sports mobile app
If I hit that bug (and I am seeing many posts complaining that they are not progressing) I will put RTTS to the side until it is fixed. My goal is to get at least the first archetype upgrade to see how much it boosts you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »