Home

MLB The Show 21 RTTS Discussion

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 21 RTTS Discussion within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2021, 12:59 AM   #33
Rookie

metovics8's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB The Show 21 RTTS Discussion

Lol i am a bit pissed... I only simmed most spring training games early on in RTTS.

Hoping they fix schedule in franchise so i move over to that bcuz this is annoying
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedkills
Geez, at that rate AAA will be AARP before you get called up. Did you sim at all?
I'd be pissed lol.
Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 07-22-2021, 06:07 PM   #34
All Star

Bard's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by metovics8
Ok need some help/tips

In year 2029 and still not in majors... Best rated RF (85 v 84) on the team just finished a year hitting .390 64/156 in AAA and had a .290 6/16 spring

Anyway to demand a trade?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Operation Sports mobile app
Man! I'm in the same boat you are.

Drafted by Dodgers, killed it from 2021-2026 in AA and AAA. Never made it to MLB?

2027 sign as a MLFA with the Phillies with a spring invite. Start the season in AAA. In August I finally make the Show! End up finishing in 3rd for ROY and won NLCS MVP as we won the World Series. (I hit 7 home runs in 5 games versus the Dodgers in the NLCS...that felt right, lol.)

Now I'm in 2028 after signing a 2 year $1.4 million deal with the Red Sox.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2021, 02:37 PM   #35
Rookie

TarHeelbred33's Arena

OVR: 1

Anyone have problems covering 2nd base on steals? I play 2nd and the game doesn't let me run to 2nd when a runner is stealing. Just got the game and have played many versions in the past, never had this issue.

Sent from my HD1925 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2021, 06:07 PM   #36
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

2022 and having just come off an early season 10-Day DL after straining my pitching shoulder, I wanted to start focus training on durability.

Got up this morning, did some core exercises, had brunch, suited up for the game and messed around and got a triple and a double. Just kidding. I did have a good day though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fTlXNhzd0k

We're in the midst of a 9 game winning streak going from the AL West cellar to 2 games within division leader Houston. The story of this season is starting to take shape.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:01 AM   #37
Pro

OVR: 0
MLB The Show 21 RTTS Discussion

I think my game killed Manny Machado.

I’m on the Padres, and while in the post season, Machado had a broken leg with 2 months recovery. We win the World Series, new season starts. But when I check my roster I saw that Manny was missing..

I searched all 3B from AA-MLB and he’s no where. He didn’t retire, would’ve noticed his name. He’s just not in my game anymore. This is some messed up glitch.

I also checked the transactions and trades. Nothing.

Has your game killed any of your players in RTTS?
Old 07-25-2021, 11:46 PM   #38
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

edit: nvm

I restarted my Angels RTTS player ... again.

Last edited by speedkills; 08-16-2021 at 12:40 PM. Reason: updated
Old 08-06-2021, 09:09 PM   #39
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

I’m late to the game on RTTS this year but I’ve been playing it a bit this year. Can someone explain a couple things…

1) I don’t recall selecting an archetype. Is this still an option and if so when and where do we select it.
2) What’s the deal with the 50 attribute cap? Is this something we can go beyond with archetypes?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Old 08-07-2021, 12:19 AM   #40
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

Why is AI GM trade logic so broken? My god, man. Our team has the third best record in baseball, and the lunatic GM is constantly trading away our good players for random scrubs at positions we don't even need, all while we're trying to make a World Series run.

Right now, we have zero starting-level first basemen, only two second basemen in the entire organization (57 and 53 overall), but we have 10 shortstops and 9 center fielders. The GM just traded an 80 overall 3B with A potential for a 78 overall CF, when we already have two better CFs playing in the majors. It makes no sense. Imagine giving a six-year-old the ability to trade whoever they want, and that basically describes the AI in this mode.

I never got too far into RTTS so this is something I never noticed before. Sorry for the rant.

As for on-topic, I'm staying as a 3B for the Pirates, currently, but I'm honestly going to get traded as soon as I can. I don't know if that will help the crazy GM situation, but anything beats this guy.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »