Home

How old are you, MLB the Show fan?

This is a discussion on How old are you, MLB the Show fan? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: How old are you, MLB the Show fan?
15 and under 1 0.22%
16 - 21 3 0.67%
22 - 27 36 8.05%
28 - 34 84 18.79%
35 - 44 150 33.56%
45 - 54 107 23.94%
55 - 64 42 9.40%
65 and over 21 4.70%
Decline to answer / don't know how old I am 3 0.67%
Voters: 447. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2021, 03:30 PM   #57
Rookie

lunch pale gang's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: How old are you, MLB the Show fan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CujoMatty
I'm 47 and I have fond memories from a lot of baseball games.

My first was a handheld mattel baseball game.

Next was Coleco baseball but my friend knew a cheat that made him disappear when running to first and appeared at home plate for auto runs. I hated that game lol.
50 years old hear and if the games you referred to are the same as I remember, I can remember both like it was yesterday. I remember thinking that the Coleco Vision baseball was the most realistic version of video game baseball that would ever be invented, because if I remember correctly, it was the first 3D version ever developed and you could control all fielders and runners individually. Plus, the Coleco Vision super action controller was incredible. Boy, how times have changed...
Old 05-23-2021, 03:43 PM   #58
2022 Clark Cup Champions!

Instant C1a55ic's Arena

OVR: 20

Just turned 36

My first baseball game I got into was Ken Griffey Jr baseball on snes. Being in the pre internet days, I didn't know there was any other Baseball games, so I played that until I got a N64 when I was 12. From there I got hooked on the All Star Baseball series. Living in Denver at the time, and seeing Larry Walker on the cover, it was the best of both worlds. I continued playing that series until its 2004 release, and snuck in MVP 05

After MVP, I got a ps2, and played The Show 06. The rest is history. I have played each and every game in this series since 06.

I have 5 kids, ranging from 14 to 3. 4 boys, and 1 girl. They ALL play softball currently, as I live in a small city that doesn't offer much in terms of actual baseball leagues. The one they do have is always full, and costs a fortune.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Operation Sports mobile app
MLB - Toronto Blue Jays 56-45
NHL - Colorado Avalanche 2022 STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS
United States Hockey League - Sioux City Musketeers
2022 Clark Cup Champions

Last edited by Instant C1a55ic; 05-23-2021 at 03:51 PM.
Old 05-23-2021, 03:46 PM   #59
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I'm 25 guess so far I'm the youngest one here. Been playing baseball games since World Series baseball 2k3 on the old xbox. Played MVP, MLB Slugfest, and MLB 2K.

My first MLB the show game was MLB The Show 07 on the PSP.
I got you beat by a couple months. I'll be 25 later this year. First baseball game I played was MVP '05 on the GameCube. Then 2k8 on the Wii. Moved onto PS3 with The Show in 2012 and played every game for the PS3 era. Took a break during the PS4 era as I was playing 2 sports in college and didn't have time or money for video games for a while, but I'm back at it for the next gen and enjoying it as much as ever. Pretty cool to see some more "experienced" gamers fill up this thread. We'll see if I ever grow out of it or am still mashing buttons when I am "experienced" too!!

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 05-23-2021, 04:32 PM   #60
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Question guys since the majority of us is above the age of 30 and we all dont move our hands like we use to lol what hitting interface do you guys use?

Directional...always used it.
Classic Pitching too.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 05-23-2021, 05:04 PM   #61
Rookie

guinness22's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Directional...always used it.
Classic Pitching too.

This. And this. Only way to go imho for old franchise players like me.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2021, 05:21 PM   #62
MVP

Going to be 54 this JUNE 5th.

I've only been playing MLBTS since Show 19. Last year was my FIRST gaming console in a LONG time.

Only other one I can remember is playing SPACE INVADERS on the Atari system.
I hear your hopes
I feel your dreams
And in the dark I hear your screams
Don't turn away, Just take my hand
I'll never leave, All I ask of you, Is Believe.

Believe

Savatage - RIP Chris Oliva - April 3, 1963 – October 17, 1993
Old 05-23-2021, 05:56 PM   #63
"ADAPT OR DIE"

jcar0725's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMISSIONERHBK9
Question guys since the majority of us is above the age of 30 and we all dont move our hands like we use to lol what hitting interface do you guys use?
Directional hitting classic pitching.

Sent from my thoughts
Old 05-23-2021, 08:18 PM   #64
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

I'll be 43 this October.

I grew up on Atari 2600 as Baseball was my first baseball game. I remember my brother and I playing, and I only knew how to control the catcher so he fielded everything. Thankfully the field wasn't that big.

I remember my brother and I creating real life teams on Baseball Stars for the NES. Such a great game wasting summers on.

I am a collector of video games, especially baseball video games. Bases Loaded series, RBI series, All-Star Baseball series, High Heat series, MVP series and now MLB The Show series. Of course I had the ones that weren't a "series"; Tony LaRussa, Tommy Lasorda, Hardball, Baseball Simulator 2000 (space field), Sportstalk Baseball on Genesis, and everything else.

Some know, or may not, but my love from baseball stemmed from my Grandpa. He played in the minor league organization of the Cardinals back in the day and at the time, Louisville was the Louisville Redbirds, so my being a Cardinals fan was sort of a given.

I played the game from T-Ball all the way thru college, but that is where my career ended. Now I help coach my 5 year old son in Little League and he has the same passion for the game as his old man, and like his old man, he's a Cardinals fan, because well he didn't have a choice. I hope he continues to enjoy it as much as I do as a fan, but as his Dad it really doesn't matter. He's also a fan of golf and I like that sport as well.

So many Spring, Summer, and yes fall nights spent at the ballpark. Its my sanctuary so to speak. The dirt, the grass, the crack of the bat (aluminum or wood), the pop of the glove and the smells of the concession stand. Its the best sport, in my opinion of course, and when the season ends, I anxiously await the next season to begin.

The game has brought me many memories, family bonding nights, and some of my dearest friends. No matter the ups and downs of life, baseball has always been a constant in some form or fashion. And I expect for however more trips around the sun I have, it will continue to be there as either an escape or guilty pleasure.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »