Home

#fixtheshowfranchise

This is a discussion on #fixtheshowfranchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #49
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #fixtheshowfranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
But at the same time if they added enough stuff to MUT I might even be intrigued to buy it on top on a dedicated franchise mode game. Doubtful but it's possible.
I really enjoyed my brief run with MUT. Had a blast with Rodgers throwing td passes to Sterling Sharpe. Pretty much the only meaningful Madden experience I have enjoyed the last 6-8 years.

The novelty wears off quick though. Pretty much the same with DD. I will only enjoy my all-99 Super Team for so long.

I think they could do SO much more with franchise mode. Considering so much of the fan base plays those modes, I'm still shocked they haven't capitalized on that.
Old 08-20-2021, 03:12 PM   #50
Rookie

RockPowderDownLoL's Arena

the only way to save franchise mode is to have them incorporate it fully into DD.

you could have the option to sign incoming legend free agents with the playewrs actual team having first dibs.
your stub balance could be your budget with the possibility of being a selfish owner who only cares about making more stubs and buying stadium upgrades then winning.

the posssibilities are still there.

a franchise only mode is not the solution
Old 08-20-2021, 04:12 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I don't know how many people got the survey from The Show team, but I got it today. I made sure as a franchise-only player to make my voice heard on what's important to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2021, 04:27 PM   #52
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
I don't know how many people got the survey from The Show team, but I got it today. I made sure as a franchise-only player to make my voice heard on what's important to me.

Same here

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-20-2021, 05:22 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockPowderDownLoL
the only way to save franchise mode is to have them incorporate it fully into DD.

you could have the option to sign incoming legend free agents with the playewrs actual team having first dibs.
your stub balance could be your budget with the possibility of being a selfish owner who only cares about making more stubs and buying stadium upgrades then winning.

the posssibilities are still there.

a franchise only mode is not the solution
Please delete this!!get theses ideas as far away from us as possible. Dont want SCEA thiniking we actually want this lol
Old 08-20-2021, 06:52 PM   #54
Rookie

I'm sure this stuff was touched on but I didn't read through the whole thread yet.

The problem with franchise;
#1- No online version.
#2- Computer AI is awful regarding trades and FA signings. I shouldn't have to control all 30 teams.
#3- Progression system/attributes/position eligibility doesn't make sense.

There are ton of things to want and desire for the game especially in franchise but the most time is spent on what makes the most money...Diamond Dynasty.

All games do this so I can't blame them, I guess.
Old 08-20-2021, 10:26 PM   #55
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

we need year to year saves back and in all sports games

what MLB the show needs the gameplay is great but francince needs a refresh

like have 3 diff budges like this

240+ mil bos nyy la big market teams

180-200 mil the milw stl ciny etc

75-100 mill teams like tb pitt

and have everything editable

and maybe had like a hall of fame ceremony
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-20-2021, 11:27 PM   #56
MVP

redsoxfan31's Arena

I have been playing franchise in the show for years, going back to 06 when Big Papi was on the cover. I have always enjoyed my time playing franchise; it's not perfect but I think it is still a very solid mode for a great game. There are some things I would like to change though:

- I wish the rosters were larger. I feel like this would solve a lot of issues in the game in general but especially in franchise.

- I wish there were more levels in the organization, give me low-A, high-A not just A ball with no actual team names. I'm not necessarily asking to be able to play those teams' games but I would at least like to be able to assign players to them.

- I wish there was a better AI logic with CPU orgs; you shouldn't have to run a 30 team control franchise just so the Rays don't trade Wander Franco for a 37-year old reliever or some of the crazy trades I am sure we have all seen throughout our years playing MLBTS.

- I wish injuries were more realistic, feels like the injury types haven't changed in years. I also wish we had the ability to send injured players on rehab assignments. It'd be great if when a player got injured they lost a few attribute points and it said they will be back in 30 days and then 10 or so days before they come back you get a message that allows you to send that player to AAA or AA to play a few games to earn back those lost attribute points but make it fluid. That way there's a risk/reward to bringing a guy back without a rehab assignment. Maybe they regain their previous form or maybe they don't.

- I wish that we had the ability to sign players to NRI contracts in the offseason and give them ST invites. Also, to add with this one, give us the option to negotiate opt outs into those deals. When I make a contract offer to a vet, have a calendar pop up and give us the option to pick a date and then they can counter, accept, or decline.

- I wish we could edit managers/coaches and to go off that, wish we had more coaches in the game.

- I wish the contracts were more realistic, instead of being capped at $30 mil per season like it has been for awhile now. Feels like if the budget system got fixed then this would be included in that. How many guys are getting paid over $30 mil now, seems silly that SDS chose that number to cap salaries at.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

NBA: BOSTON CELTICS
NFL: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS
NHL: BOSTON BRUINS

"Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth" - Mike Tyson

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »