Home

#fixtheshowfranchise

This is a discussion on #fixtheshowfranchise within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2021, 11:39 AM   #41
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: #fixtheshowfranchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
And what happens in year two of this concept? You already have people not buying the newest installment of a game because there isn't enough change to warrant the price of purchase. How much money do you think these companies would lose if they do this concept a second year, but see only 60% (doesn't matter number because if less than 100% they lose money) of their customer base return because the previous installment has everything they want and the polish isn't worth another $65 or $140 investment?

From a business cost point of view (money, time, resources) this is a lose money approach to take.
I don't think a yearly release is justified. Sony and EA don't either. Look at the years it gets no time or attention.

I definitely don't think they would lose money if the game was truly great.

Why is GTA.. Red Dead.. ect ect a masterpiece? Time, development. Not stale, rehashed cr@p, which is what Madden franchise had been prior to the recent uprising.

There is no limit to what I would pay for a great franchise experience. But it will have to great, I'm finished with the way they are doing business presently.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 08-12-2021 at 11:43 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 11:50 AM   #42
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
I don't think a yearly release is justified. Sony and EA don't either. Look at the years it gets no time or attention.

I definitely don't think they would lose money if the game was truly great.

Why is GTA.. Red Dead.. ect ect a masterpiece? Time, development. Not stale, rehashed cr@p, which is what Madden franchise had been prior to the recent uprising.

There is no limit to what I would pay for a great franchise experience. But it will have to great, I'm finished with the way they are doing business presently.
The licensing agreement they have in place (MLB, NBA, NFL, etc...) requires a yearly release.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 08-12-2021, 01:13 PM   #43
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
The licensing agreement they have in place (MLB, NBA, NFL, etc...) requires a yearly release.
Not the case for a supplemental release, such as Head Coach, or NFL Tour.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:56 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
Just one mans opinion.

Pretty much how the cycle works anyway. How long was Madden ignored? 10 years? Even though EA was forced to go on record, knowing the overwhelming majority of their fanbase played it.

Release a new version every 3 or 4 years. Let people download new rosters from the yearly release to keep it fresh.

I think we're more likely to get better, consistent, 'new' content that way.

A separate dev team may really push the envelope and get these modes closer to a bonafide franchise experience, rather than getting buried in the production line.
Stop trying to fortnite my madden. keep the yearly and release and implement things like what they did with franchise where they continue to update the feature throughout the year, simple.
Old 08-12-2021, 03:59 PM   #45
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I would gladly pay $65 for a game that was franchise only on it. They could use all the HD space on franchise features only so there's no cutting corners. Also endless content to be able to get live rosters within your saved online franchise. Maybe an online franchise that kept up with real life transactions for you possibility. We could have so so much stuff for franchise if they did that. I love the idea! Heck I'd pay for the $85 deluxe edition if it actually had stuff we want!

Not sure why sports video games haven't gone this way tbh. If you wanna play MUT on Madden go pay $65 for it separately, then you can spend an extra grand inside of that to get your cards. If you wanna play RTTS, pay $65 for that and get all the content and stuff you could imagine if it was dedicated to one disc.

And don't tell me they don't have the money to hire extra devs to create each game mode separately on a disc. If they wanted to do it they could and make quadruple the money they do now imo.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app
I GET what your saying but you make it sound so simple. So if I play all three of these modes for 60$ now... I have to pay $180 now? If you thought #fixmyfranchise got some traction , ID be interested to see what this would do lol

Im also not sure how old you are or what level of business acumen you have but this may work for a new game. But it would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to give someone all of this for $60 and then charge them triple for the same thing. You can file this under the guise of adding new things but everyones value prop is gonna be diff as to what warrants enough content for me to pay 60 for just MUT

Last edited by lemarflacco; 08-12-2021 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2021, 04:21 PM   #46
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
I GET what your saying but you make it sound so simple. So if I play all three of these modes for 60$ now... I have to pay $180 now? If you thought #fixmyfranchise got some traction , ID be interested to see what this would do lol

Im also not sure how old you are or what level of business acumen you have but this may work for a new game. But it would be nearly IMPOSSIBLE to give someone all of this for $60 and then charge them triple for the same thing. You can file this under the guise of adding new things but everyones value prop is gonna be diff as to what warrants enough content for me to pay 60 for just MUT
Right I understand that. Franchise mode with NFL Head Coach features plus more may not be enough for someone to pay $65 for just to play that alone. But just my opinion, I think if they had that people would be lining up to buy it.

If you dove into that most likely you aren't going to want to or have time to dive into MUT at the same time. Those who play MUT, I mean competitively aren't playing franchise and vice versa.

But at the same time if they added enough stuff to MUT I might even be intrigued to buy it on top on a dedicated franchise mode game. Doubtful but it's possible.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #47
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I would definitely buy a franchise-mode only game. That's literally all I've played on MLB 21.

But if they went that route and the franchise-only game didn't sell well, it wouldn't be long before franchise mode truly was dead.
Old 08-13-2021, 10:21 AM   #48
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
Stop trying to fortnite my madden. keep the yearly and release and implement things like what they did with franchise where they continue to update the feature throughout the year, simple.
'Continued updated features'.... While we're in fantasy land, I'll just say, my list of requests is pretty long.

And thats pretty much the foundation of what I am saying here. They don't update these modes regularly. And how many times have we seen some shiny "NEW" feature..... that was in the game 10 years ago?

I'd rather they just stop insulting my intelligence and give me an "update" when there truly is one.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 08-13-2021 at 10:28 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »