Home

Little things that remain broken for years

This is a discussion on Little things that remain broken for years within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-27-2021, 08:36 PM   #17
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Little things that remain broken for years

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...d.php?t=988116

Yes not scoring errors at all is a big problem on the game and has been forever probably. Sometimes it works fine, other times it does not. I've seen dropped balls from OF be called base hits. Many times earn runs are given when clearly they should be unearned as you mentioned and gave examples of.

This is by far the biggest little thing that needs fixed in this game imo.
Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo

Last edited by DarthRambo; 08-27-2021 at 08:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2021, 08:50 PM   #18
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

For quick counts we need a few more counts added to start an AB with.

When I change a pitcher mid inning the count should reset to at least 1-1. My struggling SP gives up a double, next AB it starts 3-1 or 3-2 cause he's struggling. I love that aspect. But if I yank him, it's not fair to have my fresh RP throw one pitch and he walks a guy lol. Now his confidence has dropped on that particular pitch before even settling in.

I'd like to see my PCI on swing feedback while using directional hitting. It shows up for the cpu, why not the user? Pretty sure it used to years ago as well.

Auto base running is atrocious at default speed, OF speed and fielders arm strength. I shouldn't need to drop speed significantly so the guy isn't trying to turn an obvious single into a double only to get thrown out by a mile. At least it can be fixed but stinks to have to do so.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Operation Sports mobile app

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 08-28-2021, 01:48 AM   #19
MVP

TheWarmWind's Arena

OVR: 0

I'd say roster limitations, trade limitations, errors not getting counted properly, and the fact that the grass needs to disappear in order to keep a decent framerate are the biggest legacy issues right now. Morale had never really worked quite right from the start, but it's a relatively new feature.

I'll tell you one thing that was an issue forever that did get resolved and I'm thankful for it: every single screen in the dome showing the American flag after a Jays home game. Drove me mad. I don't have 21 and probably won't get it, but it's never happened once in 20. Fantastic. I don't even remember when that started, but I feel like that lasted for almost all of the PS4 era.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 08-28-2021, 09:25 AM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobeureally27
I'm sure that I can't be the only one seeing the scoring issue, because that would mean that my copy is just defective...

Here's another scenario:

Bases empty. Batter hits a ball to the deepest part of the ballpark. A likely double if all things are normal. Outfielder overruns the ball, allowing the batter to make it to third. But then, the throw into the infield is wild and the runner is able to score.

Here's how this was scored: Triple (arguable, but not egregious. Could have been a double given the bobble in the outfield) and...an RBI! I mean, that isn't right, no matter what way you slice it.
I’ve seen similar stuff. Annoying. Several times I had a runner score on an error that would have been the third out. Still scored as an earned run as well as any run following it. The game doesn’t understand what is earned and what is not. I’ve just learned to mentally block it out.
Old 08-28-2021, 12:41 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

I’d like to see these little things fixed..
Like how is the left field foul pole a Wrigley in the Show not actually on the foul line? It’s in the field of play.

Why is the sun on the wrong side of GLF in Texas?

Why can’t they get more realistic looking grass and field turf on next gen?

Why does the pitching coach walk in front of the batter jogging to first base on his way to a mound visit after a walk in the cut scene?

I’ll stop now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2021, 03:49 PM   #22
Pro

OVR: 5
Little things that remain broken for years

Another simple thing that should be fixed: saves.

I just played a game in which he came on with two outs in the ninth and no one on base in an 8-5 game. He got the save.

That’s not how it works. 8-6? Sure, because the tying run would be on deck, but not 8-5.

Everyone gives SDS an easy out by saying it’s no big deal. That, folks, is why they never fix these things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2021, 09:32 AM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Is bunting so off that it is impossible to put down a sacrifice? No. Are they unrealistically hard off of the bat? Beyond yes. Does this lead to the CPU going to 2nd to get the lead runner way too often? Yes yes yes. Does this also lead to the CPU constantly bunting into double plays because they try to suicide squeeze way too often and the majority of them are caught in the air? Yes.
100% agree.

This is really the problem, and the reflexive response of "I can do it with a good bunter" really misses the point. Hardcore testing reveals major problems in this area, which is why I put out a video on the subject last year. The question is not "whether it can be done" but rather, "how often should it be successful." That second question requires more attention than a cursory examination of one's "feel" can provide.

And more particularly, the real question is how often the sac attempt should be successful once the bunt is laid down in fair territory...we have statistics that can reveal what range that percentage should be. I say more about in this thread, and there's a link to the video:

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...lbts-20-a.html

The question is not only how hard the bunts are (which is way off), but also the reaction of the defense, which in the video below is somewhat comical at times.

With that said, I do not notice *some* improvement in this regard but I surmise that another round of testing would reveal that we're still nowhere near where we need to be.

Last edited by JTommy67; 08-29-2021 at 04:44 PM.
Old 08-29-2021, 02:45 PM   #24
MVP

As op said bunts are an issue. In MOM you can't have the pitcher swing away because the game is programmed for the user controlled pitcher to bunt and he will just stand there taking pitches if you don't instruct him to bunt when the cpu is expecting a bunt.

It's frustrating because as the op said 90% of the time it's either a force at second or a double play. I'd prefer to take my chances with the pitcher swinging away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »