Home

MLB The Show 22: Year to Year Saves Remain Out, Stadiums Will Not Transfer

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22: Year to Year Saves Remain Out, Stadiums Will Not Transfer within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-31-2022, 06:14 PM   #33
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Franchise Players, with Y2Y saves confirmed to not be back, what is your plan?

Well they've announced it'll be free on gamespass, so I guess I will still be getting it, but honestly I wouldn't give these guys a penny of my money these past few years. The zero dollars would adequately cover the amount of effort they've put into franchise, which has gone from staying exactly the same every year, to getting actively worse.

It's hugely disappointing and sadly I doubt it will change. The money is in mobile phone style games, not in depth single player games that don't "suggest" you spend a bit more money all the time.

Franchise is living on borrowed time, as soon as an issue arises that will take a solid amount of development time to fix, that aspect will be removed as it's easier. Unless they discover a way to monetise it, they simply won't put the resources into it to keep it viable
Old 01-31-2022, 06:15 PM   #34
Rookie

Holy Toledo's Arena

Franchise Players, with Y2Y saves confirmed to not be back, what is your plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Do they want it to return? Yes

Will it return? In an ideal world yes, but it’s a difficult feature to maintain while also attempting to add things and features the fans want within franchise mode.

So I don’t know even if they can definitively say whether it will return or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

The problem with this argument is they are NOT making updates to franchise AND removed y2y saves.

And they absolutely can bring it back if they wanted too. The problem is it would take valuable time away from them releasing a Geronimo Berroa diamond boss card in the 7th inning.

Last edited by Holy Toledo; 01-31-2022 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-31-2022, 06:19 PM   #35
MVP

ninertravel's Arena

Re: Franchise Players, with Y2Y saves confirmed to not be back, what is your plan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemarflacco
So I ask, if they just fixed bullpen logic/ roster logic, is that a significant enough change?
the BP logic was a lot better last year (except for long reliver guys in that slot they were left in to long)

They still need to fix a few things so that setup guys are used in games and NOT just with 1 or 2 run leads in the 8th innings. I feel a lot of my come backs are because of boneheaded CPU BP moves
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2022, 06:21 PM   #36
Once in a Lifetime Memory

Yeah...THAT Guy's Arena

OVR: 19

Seems like it'll be another year of MLB 20 and Super Mega Baseball for me but we'll see. If the updates to franchise and or RTTS are worthwhile, I'm not against buying it but my hopes are not very high.
NCAA: Syracuse
Soccer: USMNT/DC United

PSN: ButMyT-GunDont
Old 01-31-2022, 06:23 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

Caulfield's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Toledo
The problem with this argument is they are NOT making updates to franchise AND removed y2y saves.

while the Studio isn't making every upgrade everyone wants, the upgrades however minimum, are there. for one instance in 21, 93 man rosters. would most of us preferred 100? sure, but by now we all expect baby steps. that's the track record. and for the record, I was extremely displeased with the decision to kill y2y saves.

A Work in Progress
Old 01-31-2022, 06:23 PM   #38
Rookie

Holy Toledo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
Well they've announced it'll be free on gamespass, so I guess I will still be getting it, but honestly I wouldn't give these guys a penny of my money these past few years. The zero dollars would adequately cover the amount of effort they've put into franchise, which has gone from staying exactly the same every year, to getting actively worse.

It's hugely disappointing and sadly I doubt it will change. The money is in mobile phone style games, not in depth single player games that don't "suggest" you spend a bit more money all the time.

Franchise is living on borrowed time, as soon as an issue arises that will take a solid amount of development time to fix, that aspect will be removed as it's easier. Unless they discover a way to monetise it, they simply won't put the resources into it to keep it viable

I agree and have accepted this. The problem is they won’t even try to monetize it. They seem to have made the internal decision it would not work without any real data.

Old 01-31-2022, 06:27 PM   #39
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:

And they absolutely can bring it back if they wanted too. The problem is it would take valuable time away from them releasing a Geronimo Berroa diamond boss card in the 7th inning.

If this is truly your belief then you are completely ignorant to the problem.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 01-31-2022, 06:28 PM   #40
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
I agree and have accepted this. The problem is they won’t even try to monetize it. They seem to have made the internal decision it would not work without any real data.

They seem pretty happy with the "ignore game mode, see less people are playing it, say that it's not worth improving as people don't play it" style of research.

Then again, RttS was apparently their most popular game mode and they still saw fit to set it on fire last year in an attempt to make it more about DD and microtransactions, so I guess they don't really even care about how much people play modes either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »