Home

MLB The Show 22 Developer Reveals Vision For Franchise Mode (Emmdotfrisk)

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Developer Reveals Vision For Franchise Mode (Emmdotfrisk) within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 03-20-2022, 02:40 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: MLB The Show 22 Developer Reveals Vision For Franchise Mode (Emmdotfrisk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotter
While it was great to hear about the vision of franchise mode, it was sad to hear that y2y saves don’t appear to be returning anytime soon.

I’m really happy to hear they’re continuing to tune player value to more accurately represent real life, but y2y saves is the only other thing I’m really looking for in franchise mode. It has really killed the motivation for me to play franchise, which is the only mode I play.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
If you enjoy the GM and/or managing side of things the most, look at Out of the Park. It has had carryover saves for years and offers a franchise mode experience that I wish The Show devs would attempt to replicate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I don't see Y2Y saves returning, at least not any time soon. While it is disappointing to have lost the carryover ability, we should congratulate SDS for making that a reality for years, when no other sports game has attempted to pull this off.

Franchise isn't going anywhere, and while I don't play it a ton, I do enjoy M2O as it gives me a chance to try out teams I wouldn't normally play with in a franchise-like setting.
Other sports games have done Y2Y saves. We shouldn't congratulate them for once having the feature. It's disappointing they've removed it and listening to why it has been gone, they've never provided an actual clear answer.

I finally listened to the entire video. To me, I still believe March to October will be the new franchise mode eventually, and I'm not against that as long when that time comes all features in the current Franchise mode make it over and then some.

The developer continued to say that the current franchise mode is nearly 2 decades old and built on an old foundation that can't be updated easily. He said MtO is built on a new foundation that's much easier to work with. It only seems natural MtO is being built from the ground up to become the new franchise mode.

It makes significantly more sense to me for that to be the plan than it does for them to have what is basically two franchise modes competing for resources when they've admitted already that one of the modes is archaic and difficult to add to while the other is new and easier to work with.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

― Plato
Old 03-20-2022, 03:31 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfirex007
I seen this interview. And all I could do is laugh. SDS hasn't touched Franchise in years. They had all this time to do something, but didn't. MTO is 100% just a way to get people into DD. If it weren't.. they would allow us full control. But they won't do that, cause they don't want people just building a super team and winning the awards with easy. And now RTTS has been ruined over this garbage online DD crap.

They've been using this ground level, back to basics excuse for years. They said the same **** with MLB the Show 17 or whatever it was when RTTS went to this narrative storyline. Since then they done nothing but take the mode backwards.

Since everything is "ground level" we should only be paying ground level prices right? $20 sounds about it. If baseball weren't my favorite sport, I wouldn't even consider this game. But sadly I'm stupid and pay for a game that gets worse every year just cause I love baseball.

I don’t understand how MTO is a way to get people into DD. Could you explain? I would have thought that the MTO incentives/rewards were a way to get DD people into MTO.

Old 03-20-2022, 04:19 PM   #35
MVP

BigOscar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Ted_is_back
I don’t understand how MTO is a way to get people into DD. Could you explain? I would have thought that the MTO incentives/rewards were a way to get DD people into MTO.

You get DD rewards for playing Mto. Because of this, they've massively limited the creative scope of Mto to keep it "competitive" for the DD rewards. That's why there are no sliders, no custom rosters, no saving the game when you want, etc etc etc. The mode is hamstrung by it's links to DD, so it's pretty obvious that DD is in charge of the link up, rather than the other way around
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2022, 05:50 PM   #36
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

MLB The Show 22 Developer Reveals Vision For Franchise Mode (Emmdotfrisk)

MTO gives you points towards your team affinity. You actually get more rewards grinding conquest if your motivation is to get more packs or cards I think.

My point is that DD players who are uninterested in MtO or franchise have no point to invest in MtO for rewards. Plenty of cards available elsewhere in the game.

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS

Last edited by Jeffrey Smith; 03-20-2022 at 05:52 PM.
Old 03-20-2022, 07:40 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

If anything, I'd say putting DD rewards in MtO was a move to get people to try the mode out, not to move them to DD.

― Plato
Old 03-20-2022, 07:53 PM   #38
Rookie

DanH35's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
MTO gives you points towards your team affinity. You actually get more rewards grinding conquest if your motivation is to get more packs or cards I think.

My point is that DD players who are uninterested in MtO or franchise have no point to invest in MtO for rewards. Plenty of cards available elsewhere in the game.

As someone who has primarily played DD the last few years, you can’t be more correct. There is no point in playing M2O for the rewards. I can see how a DD player who also wants to play a season-like mode would want play it. But nobody is playing M2O just for the rewards when more efficient ways of getting TA points exist.

They really need to have the option of turning off rewards for people who don’t care about them so they can customize the way they want to play with sliders, rosters, etc.
Old 03-21-2022, 01:13 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOscar
You get DD rewards for playing Mto. Because of this, they've massively limited the creative scope of Mto to keep it "competitive" for the DD rewards. That's why there are no sliders, no custom rosters, no saving the game when you want, etc etc etc. The mode is hamstrung by it's links to DD, so it's pretty obvious that DD is in charge of the link up, rather than the other way around

I agree with everything you’ve said in this post, but I just feel that it doesn’t support the claim that MTO is there to get non-DDers playing DD.

I do however agree with what Canes has said between our posts; if anything, the incentives are there to get DD people to grind through MTO. There is no incentive for non-DDers to switch to DD.

I 100% agree with your assertion that MTO’s potential is limited by being tethered to DD rewards, so much so that I asked in EmmdotFrisk’s Twitter post if there was any plan for MTO to be freed from DD rewards for that exact same reason. Unfortunately the question wasn’t asked or answered in the interview.

Old 03-21-2022, 01:40 AM   #40
Banned

Honestly this entire interview sounded like one big, "wait til next year" schpiel. It's been the same thing for years. He offered almost nothing in the way of future improvements or vision.

Sent from my SM-F916U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »