Home

MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2022, 02:25 PM   #9
Rookie

Doyoueven85's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friar Fanatic
I think Contreras has more value than you think. Lets say you trade him to the Mets, you could realistically ask for catching prospect Amaya back. That is just one example. https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/457/ has his value around 10, so if you sold low you can find someone around 5-8.

How big of an impact player are you thinking? Like All-Star level or someone under the radar that can be a 2-3 WAR player?
A power bat for sure. Jose Ramirez and Frandmil Reyes are my only two power bats right now. I was thinking of Jesús Aguilar, Josh Bell, Jorge Soler, maybe even bringing Eddie Rosario back (Atlanta has enough bats already lol)
Old 04-03-2022, 02:32 PM   #10
MVP

I'm going to be playing as the Reds this year and will be looking to move Luis Castillo at the deadline.

Any early suggestions for packages that I could be looking into? I'll be looking for high potential prospects, likely with a 2024 MLB ETA.
Old 04-03-2022, 02:43 PM   #11
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25

Quote:
I think Contreras has more value than you think. Lets say you trade him to the Mets, you could realistically ask for catching prospect Amaya back. That is just one example. https://www.baseballtradevalues.com/teams/457/ has his value around 10, so if you sold low you can find someone around 5-8.

How big of an impact player are you thinking? Like All-Star level or someone under the radar that can be a 2-3 WAR player?

I’m half joking, just saying that the Cubs basically gave away Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Kimbrel for virtually nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Streaming on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/gagnon39
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2022, 03:29 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doyoueven85
A power bat for sure. Jose Ramirez and Frandmil Reyes are my only two power bats right now. I was thinking of Jesús Aguilar, Josh Bell, Jorge Soler, maybe even bringing Eddie Rosario back (Atlanta has enough bats already lol)
Jesus Aguilar would be a good fit considering he does not fit into MIA's long term plans. Soler and Rosario probably not since they just were signed/traded. Bell would be a good fit too.
Old 04-03-2022, 03:33 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
I'm going to be playing as the Reds this year and will be looking to move Luis Castillo at the deadline.

Any early suggestions for packages that I could be looking into? I'll be looking for high potential prospects, likely with a 2024 MLB ETA.
The Padres could be a good fit. As a Padres can I love this deal for San Diego. Maybe something like

Reds Receive
Hassell III
Paddack (or Weathers/Morejon if you like them more but they have less value)

Padres Receive
Castillo

That trade is almost exactly even on the baseball trade values. It could be less value of Castillo isn't pitching well or more if he has been lights out.
Old 04-03-2022, 04:16 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
The Padres could be a good fit. As a Padres can I love this deal for San Diego. Maybe something like

Reds Receive
Hassell III
Paddack (or Weathers/Morejon if you like them more but they have less value)

Padres Receive
Castillo

That trade is almost exactly even on the baseball trade values. It could be less value of Castillo isn't pitching well or more if he has been lights out.
Yeah I like the look of that. The Reds are desparate for outfielders and another young arm to go with Mahle, Greene, and Lodolo would be great.

I was hoping that they would trade Castillo before the season because he seems to have a habit of starting the season slow. If the IRL plan is to trade him at the deadline, his value could be lower than it is now.
Old 04-03-2022, 05:33 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Yeah I like the look of that. The Reds are desparate for outfielders and another young arm to go with Mahle, Greene, and Lodolo would be great.

I was hoping that they would trade Castillo before the season because he seems to have a habit of starting the season slow. If the IRL plan is to trade him at the deadline, his value could be lower than it is now.
You could swap Gore into there if you would prefer, or Campusano, but Hassell has higher value.

I traded Hosmer + specs for Votto in my franchise which could also be an option since you have the budget.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 09:28 AM   #16
MVP

Quote:
You could swap Gore into there if you would prefer, or Campusano, but Hassell has higher value.

I traded Hosmer + specs for Votto in my franchise which could also be an option since you have the budget.
Now that the Padres have just traded for Sean Manaea, do you think they'll still be looking for pitching at the deadline?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »