Home

MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

This is a discussion on MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2022, 09:46 AM   #17
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB The Show 22 Trade Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
I知 half joking, just saying that the Cubs basically gave away Rizzo, Bryant, Baez, and Kimbrel for virtually nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Those trades hurt my soul to the core, but they got some pretty good pieces in return. From a pure baseball perspective they got good value for each of those guys, but they all obviously meant a lot to the fans as well

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 04-04-2022, 09:48 AM   #18
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackrel829
Now that the Padres have just traded for Sean Manaea, do you think they'll still be looking for pitching at the deadline?
Short answer: yes. Can never have too much pitching.

Longer answer: really depends on their situation an how their guys are performing. Pretty much every contending team will look for bullpen help at the deadline at the very least

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Operation Sports mobile app

Thanks Peyton. #18
Old 04-04-2022, 11:02 AM   #19
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

I知 playing a Twins franchise and would like to trade for Joey Votto. I知 going to use a random number generator to see if he will waive his no trade clause. Trying to keep it realistic.

What would he cost me?

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Old 04-04-2022, 03:38 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
I’m playing a Twins franchise and would like to trade for Joey Votto. I’m going to use a random number generator to see if he will waive his no trade clause. Trying to keep it realistic.

What would he cost me?

Votto's contract is pretty cumbersome. I believe he has two years left with a club option after that, and he's owed a lot of money. His value is currently -33 on Baseball Trade Values.

That means to take on Votto's contract, the Twins should be asking for something like Hunter Greene + Tyler Callihan, and there's just no way that happens.

The Reds did just trade away Jessie Winker to dump salary, and that has been their M.O. this off-season, but I can't see them giving away what it would take to shift Votto's money.

According to BTV, Sano is the Twin with the most negative value at -7.1. This brings the net value of a potential deal to -26. If the Twins were desperate to add Votto, I guess they could knock a chunk off that negative value and ask for 20ish in surplus value.

So a trade would look something like this:

Reds get:
Miguel Sano (-7.1)

Twins get:
Joey Votto (-33)
Elly De La Cruz (21.5)

So that gets it close and is actually a pretty reasonable deal all things considered.

As you mentioned though, Votto has a NTC and he's a lifelong Red. I'm fully expecting him to retire a Red. Also, De La Cruz is the Reds' #3 prospect and there's been a lot of buzz around him lately amongst Reds fans and media. I can't see the above trade happening in real life but I think that's as close to realistic as you're going to get.

Last edited by Mackrel829; 04-04-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Old 04-04-2022, 05:59 PM   #21
MVP

Jeffrey Smith's Arena

Quote:
Votto's contract is pretty cumbersome. I believe he has two years left with a club option after that, and he's owed a lot of money. His value is currently -33 on Baseball Trade Values.

That means to take on Votto's contract, the Twins should be asking for something like Hunter Greene + Tyler Callihan, and there's just no way that happens.

The Reds did just trade away Jessie Winker to dump salary, and that has been their M.O. this off-season, but I can't see them giving away what it would take to shift Votto's money.

According to BTV, Sano is the Twin with the most negative value at -7.1. This brings the net value of a potential deal to -26. If the Twins were desperate to add Votto, I guess they could knock a chunk off that negative value and ask for 20ish in surplus value.

So a trade would look something like this:

Reds get:
Miguel Sano (-7.1)

Twins get:
Joey Votto (-33)
Elly De La Cruz (21.5)

So that gets it close and is actually a pretty reasonable deal all things considered.

As you mentioned though, Votto has a NTC and he's a lifelong Red. I'm fully expecting him to retire a Red. Also, De La Cruz is the Reds' #3 prospect and there's been a lot of buzz around him lately amongst Reds fans and media. I can't see the above trade happening in real life but I think that's as close to realistic as you're going to get.

Ouch. I was thinking along the lines of the Hosmer rumours but as your pointing out doesn稚 seem reasonable for the Reds to attach prospect capital to move Votto and any other way to pull the trade off would be unrealistic.

By the time Votto is in his last year under contract he値l have regressed so much in game he値l be useless.

Thanks for the response.

NBA: TORONTO RAPTORS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-04-2022, 09:28 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Now that the Padres have just traded for Sean Manaea, do you think they'll still be looking for pitching at the deadline?
If they have injuries at SP, yes.

Darvish, Musgrove, Clevinger, Snell, Manaea, with Gore, Weathers, Lamet, and Paddack able to fill in is a lot of SP depth.

Luis Castillo might not be a top priority since he would bump someone out of the rotation. It could be possible if they have 1 of those 5 are injured though
Old 04-04-2022, 09:32 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Smith
Ouch. I was thinking along the lines of the Hosmer rumours but as your pointing out doesn’t seem reasonable for the Reds to attach prospect capital to move Votto and any other way to pull the trade off would be unrealistic.

By the time Votto is in his last year under contract he’ll have regressed so much in game he’ll be useless.

Thanks for the response.

Hosmer is -50 so the Reds would get Hosmer (less $$$ per year) and could get someone like Paddack or Campusano.

The Twins don't have anyone nearly as heavy as Hosmer to unload
Old 04-06-2022, 09:44 AM   #24
MVP

This trade is almost dead even on BTV. Is this something that the Padres would ever consider?

Imagine they're top of the division approaching the deadline and think they can stay ahead of the Dodgers.

Padres get:
Luis Castillo: 57.5
Total: 57.5

Reds get:
CJ Abrams: 68.3
Robert Hassell: 38.7
Eric Hosmer: -50.7
Total: 56.3

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »