Home

UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida

This is a discussion on UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-08-2009, 05:49 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: UFC 98: Evans vs. Machida

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOBLE
This would be a joy to watch. This forum would turn to Sherdog-lite for at least a day.
Oh God no.
Old 05-08-2009, 07:05 PM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

If Machida loses this fight then there is no choice to consider Evans one of the best pound for pound fighters in the world. Honestly though I'd be shock if Machida lost this fight.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:12 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 16

To me, the only pound-for-pound list that matters is whatever order people put Fedor, Anderson Silva, and GSP in. Those three are just head and shoulders above everyone else.

If Rashad beats Machida, I suppose he'd firmly put himself in that everyone else discussion to round out the top 10 or whatever, but I don't think he comes close to those top three.

A good win over Machida would probably establish him as the clear top dog at 205 right now, though. And that's something considering how wide open the division has been for a while.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #52
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmay
I don't think it's possible to fight yourself.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uW3pj_qW1c

I am jack's complete lack of suprise...
Old 05-08-2009, 09:00 PM   #53
All Star

allBthere's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Lmao. You guys kill me with all this "disrespectful" talk. I don't think he is at all but I can understand why one might argue that. How are you gonna hate on the dude for being too confident though? Should Sugar Shad walk around with his eyes to the ground talking about "I hope I can win this fight?" Lol, man I can't wait until these dudes throw down.
I'm indifferent to Shad, so I'll ask you this - why do some people adore him? I just don't understand why anyone before the Lidell fight would go "I really hate Lidell and want this cocky guy to beat his ***"

It's like some people love him just by virtue that others feel so strongly against him. There's not much to love or to hate about him imo, His biggest strength has been his unbelieveable rate of improvement since he's been in the UFC - everyone should give him credit for that, he has elevated his game dramatically at a constant rate.

Just like I don't get why some people hate rampage, I don't get why people L-O-V-E Rashad

If Ramp and Shad faught, like why cheer for Rashad?

Machida has a bunch of haters too, and he is someone else that I respect but feel indifferent towards, so I'm just looking for a good fight.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:16 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I'm indifferent to Shad, so I'll ask you this - why do some people adore him? I just don't understand why anyone before the Lidell fight would go "I really hate Lidell and want this cocky guy to beat his ***"

It's like some people love him just by virtue that others feel so strongly against him. There's not much to love or to hate about him imo, His biggest strength has been his unbelieveable rate of improvement since he's been in the UFC - everyone should give him credit for that, he has elevated his game dramatically at a constant rate.

Just like I don't get why some people hate rampage, I don't get why people L-O-V-E Rashad

If Ramp and Shad faught, like why cheer for Rashad?

Machida has a bunch of haters too, and he is someone else that I respect but feel indifferent towards, so I'm just looking for a good fight.
I think there are more people that question why the hatred than those that actually LOVE Rashad. It's like, "What'd he do to make you hate him so much?"

I'd be interested to see the ratio of people who actually caught him on TUF (where all this **** started) versus those who only saw him 'dance' against Liddell, and 'disrespect' Griffin.

The man does what makes him comfortable. It's a fight, you do what you need to do to stay in your zone or else you're gonna get KTFO.

Last edited by MayorPeete; 05-08-2009 at 09:19 PM.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:22 PM   #55
SHO
Give us a raise, loser!

SHO's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MayorPeete
I think there are more people that question why the hatred than those that actually LOVE Rashad. It's like, "What'd he do to make you hate him so much?"
This
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #56
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

I like Rashad because his game is sick. Isn't that enough these days? WHEN we do get Evans-Rampage, I wouldn't be able to cheer for one or thee other. But if I HAD to pick, I'd most definitely root for Shad. This dude is the PBF of the UFC, and his act only makes things more exciting and interesting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »