Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #3729
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: MMA Off-Topic

I wish the reparations for those who took losses were greater.
Suspending DJ for 2 years is all well and good, but I'd like to see them go a step further.
- remove the wins they obtained while juiced.
- hand over their purse to their opponent.
- they are forced to pay for 24/7 testing (and full tests) for the rest of their competitive lives.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:19 PM   #3730
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

They don't know when you start cheating though, just when they caught you.

They could go backwards in time and remove wins and bonuses (fine the amount of any win/performance bonuses) for the amount of time they are suspended. They may not be able to get it back though as most fighters don't have that much money saved up.

Plus too many fighters claim contaminated supplements. They get off way to easy. It's pretty easy to take approved supplements that don't have PEDs in them, they just don't work like PEDs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2019, 09:20 AM   #3731
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
They don't know when you start cheating though, just when they caught you.

They could go backwards in time and remove wins and bonuses (fine the amount of any win/performance bonuses) for the amount of time they are suspended. They may not be able to get it back though as most fighters don't have that much money saved up.

Plus too many fighters claim contaminated supplements. They get off way to easy. It's pretty easy to take approved supplements that don't have PEDs in them, they just don't work like PEDs.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I understand that, but I do think boxing and MMA should do more to punish when there is proof.
In the future, I would love to see both boxing and MMA/UFC to force a cheater to pay for 24/7 random testing until they retire. And this includes keeping their samples on files for years afterwards when better tests become available.
There has to be a greater deterrent to what we have now.
DJ has made himself rich and famous because of PEDs. And he put his opponents lives and livelihood in jeopardy by cheating. There should be a greater punishment than "You're on the shelf for 2 years, but feel free to keep all the rewards you obtained while being an effing cheat".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #3732
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
I understand that, but I do think boxing and MMA should do more to punish when there is proof.
In the future, I would love to see both boxing and MMA/UFC to force a cheater to pay for 24/7 random testing until they retire. And this includes keeping their samples on files for years afterwards when better tests become available.
There has to be a greater deterrent to what we have now.
DJ has made himself rich and famous because of PEDs. And he put his opponents lives and livelihood in jeopardy by cheating. There should be a greater punishment than "You're on the shelf for 2 years, but feel free to keep all the rewards you obtained while being an effing cheat".
I agree there should be punishment and it should go back in time for at least the amount they are suspended for. Fines could and should be done, but how do you recover money from someone if they aren't still fighting? Some may pay it, but the less popular fighters are not going to have enough money to pay.

With the lax stance they have taken, they won't do it. They keep letting people off using the contaminated supplements excuse.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2019, 03:14 AM   #3733
MVP

OVR: 0

I wonder if USADA tests old samples and they find PEDs going back to championship fights.. I'd imagine those fights would become NCs and maybe he'd even be retroactively stripped. Either way, TJ is not in a good spot but at least he hasn't outright denied it like most others have so far.

Chael Sonnen said recently on Ariel Helwani's show that you can get a TUE for EPO! (7:15-7:30)
One would think something as effective as EPO wouldn't have TUEs.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:58 PM   #3734
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmangala
I wonder if USADA tests old samples and they find PEDs going back to championship fights.. I'd imagine those fights would become NCs and maybe he'd even be retroactively stripped. Either way, TJ is not in a good spot but at least he hasn't outright denied it like most others have so far.

Chael Sonnen said recently on Ariel Helwani's show that you can get a TUE for EPO! (7:15-7:30)
One would think something as effective as EPO wouldn't have TUEs.
USADA claiming they didn't save old samples because of costs

Old 04-12-2019, 03:07 PM   #3735
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
USADA claiming they didn't save old samples because of costs

This is correct in regards to samples going way back. But apparently they have samples going back to at least his Linekar and Assunção fights and those are before his championship fights with Cody... so maybe at least those championship bouts will be under scrutiny.

Aaron Bronsteter on Twitter

Novitzky informs me that USADA will be re-testing any samples of Dillashaw that they still have stored and should they test positive for EPO, it would be considered another violation. His understanding is Dillashaw was tested for EPO for both his Lineker and Assuncao bouts.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2019, 04:23 AM   #3736
MVP

DC v Miocic 2; Lesnar retires

DC will likely look for more TDs this time, bread and butter grind out to a decision. Miocic is more of the variable. He could come out hard looking for a finish or be more cautious and opportunistic like he was against Ngannou, etc. Either way, I predict the odds will be much closer for this. DC by DEC or Miocic by TKO are the most likely results for each imo. I think DC takes it again but have a much harder fight this time- the fight most expected from the first time. Idk about Lesnar, could be a gambit or negotiation tactic... but since they are seemingly moving ahead with DC v Miocic 2 idk.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »