Home

MMA Off-Topic

This is a discussion on MMA Off-Topic within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-05-2019, 11:51 AM   #3649
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MMA Off-Topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_S
IMO she should have never even been asked the question. I don't know how anyone could even asked her if it was okay. I don't think a boss or someone in a position of authority should ask the question. It's entirely possible she said it's okay only because Dana was asking.
That's just not how things work though. She was at least asked. I'm sure most of us work with women that have been abused while also working with men that have been charged with DV at some point. We don't necessarily know what the people we work with have done. Had Hardy been some nobody and the story never got out, there's 0 backlash but it doesn't change what he did.

"I called Rachael Ostovich and talked to her and walked her through this situation,"*White said. "And her take on it was, 'His story isn't my story. Everybody's story is different, and I believe in second chances. I have no problem fighting on the same card as this guy.'

"He didn't do anything to Rachael Ostovich. She was totally cool with it. Obviously, having her support was a key factor in making that decision."

I can't be mad if that's her approach regardless if I agree with it or not. Like a wise man once said, "what you eat don't make me ****".

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 01-05-2019, 12:13 PM   #3650
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

OVR: 0

Agree to disagree.

I think him fighting on same card is in bad taste, but the real issue is him fighting at all. He shouldn't be.

As someone who is familiar with domestic abuse, the idea of people justifying Hardy being in combat sports seems gross. Mr. Hardy can get regular job just like everyone else in the world.

Last edited by Dave_S; 01-05-2019 at 12:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:42 PM   #3651
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
IMO she should have never even been asked the question. I don't know how anyone could even asked her if it was okay. I don't think a boss or someone in a position of authority should ask the question. It's entirely possible she said it's okay only because Dana was asking.

When Rumble was getting title shots I remember people talking about it, but I think that was on old EA forum. I was thinking he got delayed as an additional fighter for UFC 2 for getting into it with a girl at Blackzillians old gym.
You are right. They pulled him from a DLC patch because of the new charges. When they were dropped, they added him back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 12:46 PM   #3652
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Agree to disagree.

I think him fighting on same card is in bad taste, but the real issue is him fighting at all. He shouldn't be.

As someone who is familiar with domestic abuse, the idea of people justifying Hardy being in combat sports seems gross. Mr. Hardy can get regular job just like everyone else in the world.
So are you OK with Rumble, Tito and Browne fighting? All 4 (including Hardy) had charges dropped against them. The only difference between Hardy and Tito and Rumble is a DA was willing to pursue charges instead of immediately dropping it and there are pictures of Hardy's GF injuries (there are also pictures of Browne's wife injuries but the arent as severe.

I'm just interested in seeing what the line is because Rumble's charges span a decade and I have never seen anything close to the complaints about Hardy said about Rumble.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:48 PM   #3653
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by p_rushing
They should have dumped Rogan, but I guess they need to keep him under control with his podcast having a huge audience. Without the UFC pay, he may actually be real again and not toe the line.

Cyborg really needs to go to PFL for next year. Would be huge for both. PFL has no one in a made up 155 division and she gets a title shot by just showing up to the tournament. She also doesn't need to cut so much weight. Kayla vs Cyborg could be huge for PFL and easily could do it for 2 years.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Cyborg in the pfl would be perfect imo.

They will never cut Rogan. The backlash would be too bad and he's Dana's boy. I wouldve cut him years ago after he decided he was only doing domestic PPVs.
Old 01-05-2019, 02:00 PM   #3654
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
So are you OK with Rumble, Tito and Browne fighting? All 4 (including Hardy) had charges dropped against them. The only difference between Hardy and Tito and Rumble is a DA was willing to pursue charges instead of immediately dropping it and there are pictures of Hardy's GF injuries (there are also pictures of Browne's wife injuries but the arent as severe.

I'm just interested in seeing what the line is because Rumble's charges span a decade and I have never seen anything close to the complaints about Hardy said about Rumble.
I never even remotely hinted I was okay with them fighting. I've posted that before when Rumble was going through his issues.

This discussion is so dumb.

Of all things to try and justify, this takes the cake. Like its really, really stupid.

I only hope you people that are okay with this never experience the fear and terror involved in domestic violence, along with the ptsd that can follow.
Old 01-05-2019, 03:04 PM   #3655
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
I never even remotely hinted I was okay with them fighting. I've posted that before when Rumble was going through his issues.

This discussion is so dumb.

Of all things to try and justify, this takes the cake. Like its really, really stupid.

I only hope you people that are okay with this never experience the fear and terror involved in domestic violence, along with the ptsd that can follow.
You need to cool it a little bit. Once again, I asked you a question. I didnt accuse you of anything. I asked if you were if you were OK with those guys fighting? Its a yes or no answer. I'm not aware of every one of your Rumble post so I didnt know how you felt about him. Hence why I asked the question.

I dont recall anyone (including me) trying to "justify" domestic violence. In fact, I called Hardy a "scumbag who beat his GF". This discussion is two fold:

1) The Hardy incident took place almost 5 years ago. He's had no incidents since then and correct me if I'm wrong but none before that. Should he be able to fight?

2) If you say no, are you ok with other fighters with past domestic violence incidents being able to fight in the cage? If yes, what makes them different than Hardy?

From a personal perspective, I've had domestic violence affect several members of my family. I'm aware of the "terror and fear" that comes with it and the PTSD. That doesnt prevent me from being able to look at a situation from different perspectives though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-05-2019, 04:00 PM   #3656
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
You need to cool it a little bit. Once again, I asked you a question. I didnt accuse you of anything. I asked if you were if you were OK with those guys fighting? Its a yes or no answer. I'm not aware of every one of your Rumble post so I didnt know how you felt about him. Hence why I asked the question.

I dont recall anyone (including me) trying to "justify" domestic violence. In fact, I called Hardy a "scumbag who beat his GF". This discussion is two fold:

1) The Hardy incident took place almost 5 years ago. He's had no incidents since then and correct me if I'm wrong but none before that. Should he be able to fight?

2) If you say no, are you ok with other fighters with past domestic violence incidents being able to fight in the cage? If yes, what makes them different than Hardy?

From a personal perspective, I've had domestic violence affect several members of my family. I'm aware of the "terror and fear" that comes with it and the PTSD. That doesnt prevent me from being able to look at a situation from different perspectives though.
I need to cool it?

Cool what? All I said was this discussion is dumb, we obviously don't agree. I've said what I want about domestic violence, don't think it needs to be discussed any more in the mma off topic thread. I'm sorry you had family members experience domestic violence, but that doesn't give you intimate knowledge. Until you experience it first hand I don't think it's possible to understand.

I didn't say you accused me of something, so I really don't know what your going on about.

I really don't understand why this is such a big deal to you. I've been trying to move discussion forward to other mma topics.

Last edited by Dave_S; 01-05-2019 at 04:11 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »