Home

Official UFC 09 Undisputed Career progression thread

This is a discussion on Official UFC 09 Undisputed Career progression thread within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:09 PM   #49
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Official UFC 09 Undisputed Career progression thread

I destroyed Evan Tanner in 42 seconds...Now im moving on to advanced

http://twitter.com/52isthemike

Last edited by Vince; 05-21-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 01:14 PM   #50
No Official License

Inhocmark's Arena

OVR: 4

Anybody know if turning down publicity has any negative effects overall save for the CRED you're not gaining?
Old 05-21-2009, 01:20 PM   #51
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Not that I'm aware of... you won't get the sponsor's shorts and stuff like that if you don't do spokesman-like stuff for them, but in terms of cred or things like that, there's no negative affects that I've seen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 01:22 PM   #52
MVP

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhocmark
Anybody know if turning down publicity has any negative effects overall save for the CRED you're not gaining?
Not that I've seen. I skipped probably 75% of those things in the last half of my career. If it didn't fit into my spar/rest/spar/rest/fight schedule, I wasn't doing it. I certainly didn't notice any ill effects.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #53
Rookie

Beardown's Arena

OVR: 5

I created a HW (The Grim Reaper, boxer, wrestler) and am going through the whole career on Advanced. Lost my entry fight but was able to improve to 5-2, with a couple of wins against the Russian guy.

Next up for me was a bout with Eddie Sanchez. First round was Eddie's, he was more active and overall did a good job of dominating me. The second round was close but I would have given me the edge with a couple of nice takedowns that I just could not get to mount before he would get out. The third round I was dominating, at one point I had him so gassed that I was able to deliver 5 kicks to the body and 5 or 6 shots to the head before he even responded. Unfortunately that left me gassed (I went into the fight at 73% stamina, my fault) and Eddie catches me with a right hook that stuns me to the ground. He jumps over me and starts raining down punches, I figured that is it he is going to KO me. I managed to get out of the dazed stage and back to my feet, there was a little over 30 seconds to go in the fight. I backed away trying to clear my head and survive the fight and see if hopefully the decision would still be mine. At 15 seconds I decided that is no way to win a fight so I engage Eddie with a body shot followed by a right to his head. I am feeling good when Eddie catches me with a right hand and this time it is lights out with 10 seconds left in the third.

I was Po'd. I get the email after the fight with my next opponents and one of the three choices was Eddie Sanchez, which I quickly accepted. The rematch is on tonight and this time Eddie is going down.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:59 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardown
I created a HW (The Grim Reaper, boxer, wrestler) and am going through the whole career on Advanced. Lost my entry fight but was able to improve to 5-2, with a couple of wins against the Russian guy.

Next up for me was a bout with Eddie Sanchez. First round was Eddie's, he was more active and overall did a good job of dominating me. The second round was close but I would have given me the edge with a couple of nice takedowns that I just could not get to mount before he would get out. The third round I was dominating, at one point I had him so gassed that I was able to deliver 5 kicks to the body and 5 or 6 shots to the head before he even responded. Unfortunately that left me gassed (I went into the fight at 73% stamina, my fault) and Eddie catches me with a right hook that stuns me to the ground. He jumps over me and starts raining down punches, I figured that is it he is going to KO me. I managed to get out of the dazed stage and back to my feet, there was a little over 30 seconds to go in the fight. I backed away trying to clear my head and survive the fight and see if hopefully the decision would still be mine. At 15 seconds I decided that is no way to win a fight so I engage Eddie with a body shot followed by a right to his head. I am feeling good when Eddie catches me with a right hand and this time it is lights out with 10 seconds left in the third.

I was Po'd. I get the email after the fight with my next opponents and one of the three choices was Eddie Sanchez, which I quickly accepted. The rematch is on tonight and this time Eddie is going down.

Cool story. Thats one thing I like about this game, you seem to develop genuine rivalries with guys and you can't wait to get that rematch. I've had three fights against one guy already I went 2-1 against him and I got a rematch victory against a different guy who defeated me. Its also a cool touch how there is pre-fight interviews featuring your opponents and newsletter that mention you and your opponent have history. Adds a ton to the game.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:06 PM   #55
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_future420
Cool story. Thats one thing I like about this game, you seem to develop genuine rivalries with guys and you can't wait to get that rematch. I've had three fights against one guy already I went 2-1 against him and I got a rematch victory against a different guy who defeated me. Its also a cool touch how there is pre-fight interviews featuring your opponents and newsletter that mention you and your opponent have history. Adds a ton to the game.
Yeah,I like that feature. I beat Andrei Arlovski in a 2nd round tko,and post match he's crying about how the referee stopped it too early. I probably should have elected for the immediate rematch and punished him some more,but stupidly I decided to take the fight against Brock Lesnar. I think we all know how that went.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 04:12 PM   #56
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

My new guy's first real fight was a robbery. In the third round the guy slammed me out of the clinch, which rocked my fighter. He threw one punch, which was blocked, and Mario stopped the fight.

I would be far more upset if I wasn't on my way to losing a decision anyway, but I did still have a couple minutes to go for the KO!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »