Home

Official UFC 09 Undisputed Career progression thread

This is a discussion on Official UFC 09 Undisputed Career progression thread within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #41
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Official UFC 09 Undisputed Career progression thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianChexMix
So far, I've been owning them with kicks. So far all my KOs are by the hard kick to the head....it's not fair but yet so useful!
Ya, I've noticed the same.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 01:02 AM   #42
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17

Tito made me feel like Ken Shamrock. Each time I crack the top 10 one of them drops me cold. 17-7 in year 4 I think.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:50 AM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

After starting 1-4 I've won two straight with my Kickboxing Wrestler.

The first was a 3rd round head kick KO (My first finish) and the second was a 2nd round RNC (my first submission.) I'm finally getting the hang of consistently blocking transitions as part of my GnP game which is totally how you get your opponent softened up for subs.

Now I get a rematch against the guy who KO'd me in 28 seconds in my first loss.
Old 05-21-2009, 04:24 AM   #44
LP
Johnny Canuck

LP's Arena

OVR: 19

I did my first career on advanced. A MW boxer and bjj fighter. My striking was pretty pathetic, but the submissions were awesome. I ended up retiring with a 109 rated sub offense and 100s in ground grapple offense and defense. The fight I remember most was a rematch against Jason Macdonald. I went into the first fight low on stamina, and he whooped my ***. What really made me angry is that he hit me about 12 times after I was out. First time I have yelled at a game in a while. In the rematch I pummeled his face into a bloody pulp before sinking in a rear naked choke.
Old 05-21-2009, 08:44 AM   #45
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

After starting 7-2, I had a rough night last night. Now sitting at 9-5. Fought a couple of guys that were great on the ground. One I tapped out the other just pounded me.

Had another fight against some Donovan dude that I pummeled earlier and was pummeling again. Knocked him down a few times, was in total control. Then with about 15 seconds left in the fight, high kick, BOOM caught me. Out cold. I should've just ran away. I was not happy.

The good news is I advanced to Lvl 2 kick boxing due to camp. I can now do the spinning back punch.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-21-2009, 10:54 AM   #46
MVP

OVR: 17

Started up a career yesterday as a middleweight. I'm a Muay Thai/BJJ guy with good clinch offense and good submissions. Overall though, my guy sucks, and looks nothing like me because im terrible at recreating my likeness in CAF's. He's 8-5,which isnt a terrible record, but I started off 1-4 and was afraid I was gonna get kicked out the UFC for being a terrible fighter. I've already had a trilogy against another terrible fighter (Brian Evans ranked 24) and two fights against some equally bad scrub named Donovan (ranked 22).

I went on a nice 5 match win streak and got a little cocky, and scheduled Amir Sabollah (sp?) who was ranked around 12. He took me down seemingly 30 times in our match, owned me on the mat and then just pounded my face in in the 3rd round. Looking to bounce back tonight. I wish I could fight Donovan and Evans again. Loved whupping on those guys.

UFC keeps offering me photo shoots and I keep turning em down because my guy doesnt deserve it. His *** needs to be in the gym as much as possible.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:56 AM   #47
Banned

OVR: 25

with my new formula, i set the difficulty to experienced til i get my 1st camp invite. Then i bump it up to advanced. From there it is a WHOLE new game where playing to your strengths is SO important.

The difference from experienced to advanced seems to be 1 real big change...Fighters fight the way they should. less KO's every fight, more TKO's and a few more decisions.

Love the challenge this game throws at you. One fight you own a guy the entire fight. The rematch can/will play completely different.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:00 PM   #48
Rookie

OVR: 4

Is there any way to ensure you get a lot of fights throughout your career? I think I fought about 13 so far and I'm in year 3, doesn't seem like I'll get to 24 fights (like above) by the end of year 4... I also skip all those photoshoot things, they seem useless. 200 points and a wasted week of training. No thanks.

Anyway, I'm 13-0 right now.

Last edited by jfindon; 05-21-2009 at 12:03 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »