Home

Fedor Signs Multi-Fight/M-1 Co-Promotion Deal w/Strikeforce

This is a discussion on Fedor Signs Multi-Fight/M-1 Co-Promotion Deal w/Strikeforce within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-03-2009, 09:21 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 23
Re: Fedor Signs Multi-Fight/M-1 Co-Promotion Deal w/Strikeforce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkfount
ok, who's the best HW in the world then.

You know nothing about MMA if you think Fedor has been #1 for so long by fighting nobodies.
oooohhh, Someone wants to take shots. I will take any of the UFCs top 5 over Fedor since he wants to duck competition.

Fedor is an unbelievable fighter. Ive never doubted that until today. If hes as good as adverstised, wouldnt he want to prove to the fans and himself that he can beat the best in the UFC now??? And not the best from the UFC in 2002??

Dana White was right, he dont give a damn about the hardcore fans that follow him. Ive seen him dominate some fights over once-great fighters. But his list of opponents is not the most impressive. He had the perfect chance to prove to everyone that he deserves that #1 ranking. And he punked out, so as far as im concerned he isnt #1.

I think hes dodging Brock to be honest.

Last edited by GatorBait06NC; 08-03-2009 at 09:25 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:37 PM   #50
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

You didn't answer the question. Who is the best HW in the sport today?
Old 08-03-2009, 11:24 PM   #51
Banned

OVR: 4

You guys can call him a joke all you want but he is getting paid and still fighting.You guys forgetting the ufc wants him not the other way around they should have agree with his terms.I'm looking forward to seeing him fight period i could care less which promotion he is fighting for and its kind funny when period talk as if the ufc defines mma, it doesn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2009, 11:29 PM   #52
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

To me, at this point, you have to take Fedor out of the discussion of the best pound-for-pound fighter with his move to Strikeforce.

I like Strikeforce as a promotion but I don't get why they made this deal. And Fedor? Man, step your game up and take on the top-level guys. He hasn't fought anyone in their prime since 2005.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 08-03-2009, 11:31 PM   #53
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon
You guys can call him a joke all you want but he is getting paid and still fighting.You guys forgetting the ufc wants him not the other way around they should have agree with his terms.I'm looking forward to seeing him fight period i could care less which promotion he is fighting for and its kind funny when period talk as if the ufc defines mma, it doesn't.
Thats a silly *** statement. You should care where he fights. I dont want to see Fedor against a bunch of cans. I want to see him against the best. I have enough of top fighters in boxing ducking top competition. I dont want to see that in MMA.

I would pay 70 bucks to see Fedor vs Brock. I would pay 50 to see Fedor/Couture and Fedor/Mir. I would pay 20 to see Fedor/Rogers and nothing to see him fight Overeem or Werdum. Thats the difference. People want to see him fight the best. He should want it too especially if you get paid more to fight the best.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 PM   #54
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Wow. A lot of people in the MMA forum...don't know about MMA.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:15 AM   #55
MVP

OVR: 10

GSP already is the #1 PFP fighter IMHO. Although, to me, I think a three way tie between GSP, Anderson, and Fedor is warranted. Accomplishment wise, GSP has done so much and exhibited a reign of dominance that's absolutely scary. Consider the fact that GSP hasn't lost a round since probably UFC 58 (excluding the Serra fight, since that never lasted a round.)

I'm disappointed, because once again, I think the majority of us wanted to see Fedor in the UFC. However, MMA is also a business, and Fedor has to take care of M-1 (which he owns parts of), so I don't blame him.

However, I found it hilarious that people think that Zuffa should bend over for Fedor's demands. That's a terrible business model. The Fertitta's and Dana have built up their company from the ground up, and now M-1 just wants to piggy back off of their success and make a name for themselves? GTFO. M-1 has nothing to offer except Fedor, and at the end of the day, no matter how great you are, you don't bend over backwards for just one person, considering that then guys like GSP, Brock, etc.. would want some ridiculous demands met. They practically bent over for Fedor anyway, except for the co-promotion part, which makes sense, because why would Zuffa want to allow M-1 to piggy back off of their own creation?

And, at the end of the day, co-promotion is the only reason why Fedor resides in Strikeforce and not in the UFC. And that's the only reason why Fedor is never going to step into the Octagon. Fedor will still be the #1 HW and probably the best HW ever, but people are always going to wonder, "what if Fedor fought so-and-so in the UFC?".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 12:16 AM   #56
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dragon
its kind funny when period talk as if the ufc defines mma, it doesn't.
It's even funnier to think it doesn't,cause guess what? It does. It's the mainstream money maker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
I like Strikeforce as a promotion but I don't get why they made this deal.
Much like Affliction and earlier with Elite XC with Kimbo,they think he's more popular than he actually is,expect to make lots of money and are betting their future on one fighter. Of course we know how that turns out. Apprently they didn't get the memo.

Last edited by goh; 08-04-2009 at 12:22 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »