Home

Fedor Signs Multi-Fight/M-1 Co-Promotion Deal w/Strikeforce

This is a discussion on Fedor Signs Multi-Fight/M-1 Co-Promotion Deal w/Strikeforce within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #57
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Fedor Signs Multi-Fight/M-1 Co-Promotion Deal w/Strikeforce

I'm done with Fedor...this deal sealed it to me. I'll become interested again when he comes to the UFC.

White and the UFC were willing to get bent over by Fedor and M-1 to get the deal done and it STILL wasn't enough. Co-promotion is such a ludicrous joke, its not even funny.

I thought it was hilarious that both Strikeforce and M-1 talked about Fedor fighting "top competition" and then threw out the three names everyone already has. LOL its laughable.

Whatever. I'm pumped and ready for UFC 101 and the Carano/Cyborg fight. Fedor is far from the end all be all.
Old 08-04-2009, 09:41 AM   #58
Banned

TwelveozPlaya21's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorBait06NC
I agree with Dana White. Fedor is a f'ing joke. He doesnt want to be the best at what he does.

Fedor is not the best heavyweight in the world. He compiled a 30-1 record by fighting nobodies and UFC has beens. He secretly has an ego, and money wouldnt have been an issue in the UFC.

Brock Lesnar is still young and lacking some things. But I think Lesnar would crush this fool and expose him for the fraud that he is. Maybe Fedor knows it. Im sure Brock would jump at the chance to fight Fedor. Its obvious that Fedor wants no part of the UFC competition.
Amen, someone else that ain't a fedor nuthugger.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:01 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 13

For those wondering, Fedor has only signed a one-year contract with Strikeforce for three fights.

[i]"t’s far from a contract signed in blood as Fedor is currently contractually obligated to fight for Strikeforce for just one year. Basically it’s three fights over the next year, and we’ll start in the fall some time"

- Scott Coker, Strikeforce CEO

His contract with M-1 Global will end at this time as well. So there is a still a great possibility that by next year we will see Fedor in the UFC taking on whomever is the champion at the time.

While Fedor vs Lesnar this fall would have instantly gratified us, bigger and better things may await. If Fedor can run the gauntlet at Stirkeforce, allowing him to gain appeal and credibility with casual American MMA fans, as well as increased confidence fighting in a cage (a cage which bothered Cro Cop a great deal in his transition from PRIDE to UFC), a matchup next year against Lesnar or whomever goes on to defeat Lesnar would be monumental. Especially if Fedor leaves as the Strikeforce Champion.

A Fedor with no excuses, fighting as Strikeforce's Heavyweight Champion, verses a more well-rounded and dominant Brock Lesnar, or the fighter who dethrones him for the UFC Heavyweight Title. That fight, my friends, would be even grander than the fight we all wanted to see happen this year.

Yes, a lot of variables are in play, but if it comes to be, it would be the biggest fight in MMA history, and quite possibly the biggest fight in boxing/MMA in the last decade.

Last edited by Mossfan8480; 08-04-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #60
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
I agree with Dana White. Fedor is a f'ing joke. He doesnt want to be the best at what he does.

Fedor is not the best heavyweight in the world. He compiled a 30-1 record by fighting nobodies and UFC has beens. He secretly has an ego, and money wouldnt have been an issue in the UFC.

Brock Lesnar is still young and lacking some things. But I think Lesnar would crush this fool and expose him for the fraud that he is. Maybe Fedor knows it. Im sure Brock would jump at the chance to fight Fedor. Its obvious that Fedor wants no part of the UFC competition.
Quote:
oooohhh, Someone wants to take shots. I will take any of the UFCs top 5 over Fedor since he wants to duck competition.

Fedor is an unbelievable fighter. Ive never doubted that until today. If hes as good as adverstised, wouldnt he want to prove to the fans and himself that he can beat the best in the UFC now??? And not the best from the UFC in 2002??

Dana White was right, he dont give a damn about the hardcore fans that follow him. Ive seen him dominate some fights over once-great fighters. But his list of opponents is not the most impressive. He had the perfect chance to prove to everyone that he deserves that #1 ranking. And he punked out, so as far as im concerned he isnt #1.

I think hes dodging Brock to be honest.
You'd be the type of fan I'd love to watch a live MMA event with.

That was a joke.
Old 08-04-2009, 02:43 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 23

So i dont know anything about MMA because I dont think Fedor is the best HW or pound for pound guy. For one GSP and Silva are way better pound for pound than Fedor. They dominate people at the top level of the sport.

Whats Fedors most impressive victory? Silvia? Arlovski? No. Its probaly Nogueira. And that was 5 years ago. I admit, I didnt keep up with Pride or Affliction all that much, but every time I heard about Fedors next big fight, it was always against a UFC HW champion from 5+ years ago.

They guy passed up more money and fights against the top competition in the world. How can you still try to take up for this guy. Its obvious he wants to fight clowns. His attitude about the sport and the fans is pathetic. I understand that all the hardcore fans who love Fedor are still trying to take up for him. But you all know that you are pissed that he passed up on UFC. Because the Fedor fans wanted him in UFC too.

So stop trying to discredit my knowledge of MMA to make yourself feel better and talk about what the thread is about.

Last edited by GatorBait06NC; 08-04-2009 at 05:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2009, 02:54 PM   #62
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

I never said you didn't know anything about the sport, unless I'm missing something?
Old 08-04-2009, 03:18 PM   #63
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
I never said you didn't know anything about the sport, unless I'm missing something?

I think he is responding to DTX3's comment.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:51 PM   #64
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

My comment wasn't even directed at him, so I don't know what he's talking about.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »