Home

Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

This is a discussion on Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2009, 08:41 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 23
Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

http://mmamania.com/
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 08:50 PM   #2
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Rampage saying he's hanging up the gloves

No way Rampage retires. Too much money to be made, but in and out of the cage.

I do, though, see him getting out in a few years as he alluded to; he won't be a guy mixing it up 10 years from now.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 09-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 29

That would suck. I was looking forward to him murdering Evans.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 23

He explains a lot of crap here.

The UFC has done a lot for me but I think I have done more for them. The UFC bought WFA to get my contract & they saved my life, so I felt loyal to them. They pushed me into a fight with Chuck Liddel even when I clearly stated I wasn't ready to fight for the belt because the American fans didn't know me but I took the fight and didn't complain & after I won the American fans booed me for the first time which changed the way I saw them & it hurt me deeply.

Then before I can even get out of the cage they announced that I was fighting Dan Henderson without even asking me. After I beat Dan Henderson, I made history in becoming the first undisputed champion in MMA but was never even given the pride belt in the cage & I was never promoted as the undisputed champ. Later Anderson Silva was.

Then they had me coach TUF season 7 and fight Forrest and the fight was very controversial & normally when a fight is that close & controversial there is normally an instant replay. I can name a couple of instances. Instead they offered me the Vanderlei Silva fight which I gladly accepted even though I know it was a very risky fight for me to take because of all the drama that was happening to me at the time. I fought that fight with a jaw injury and then a couple weeks later Dana called me and asked me to fight Rashad. For the first time I said no, I didn't want to fight because it was such short notice & I wouldn't have had a long break between camp. Dana talked me into fighting Rashad anyway but Rashad refused the fight and so I had to fight Jardine as a favor to the UFC instead of getting my belt back (which wasn't even worth it to me financially).

Then I reinjured my jaw in the fight with Vanderlei & Jardine. Frank Mir gets hurt so they wanted to switch my fight from UFC 100 to the fight Frank couldn't make it to but I couldn't fight cause I needed jaw surgury. So they give Machida the fight against Rashad & they told me they want me to coach TUF season 10 against Rashad. That's why I wanted Rashad to win so bad but when Rashad got knocked out I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:30 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

LOL...I love how he omitted the fact that Dana helped him out during his arrest. Also he was the one complaining that he lost the Griffin fight because he had too much time off but here he complains that he didnt get enough time off. Ramp is out of his ****ing mind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2009, 10:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8

What a Sleeze ball Dana White is.
http://www.aroundtheoctagon.com/?p=2444

"I told them I wanted to fight Machida for the belt but Dana told me if I coach TUF against Rashad that I could fight Machida afterwards cause this was a different type of ultimate fighter show they were doing. After I signed the contract Dana then changes his mind & says I have to fight Rashad & even told me what to say in the press & so my fans think I was scared to fight Machida. After all that I still never complained & I did it all."

Last edited by Titus001; 09-22-2009 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:05 PM   #7
Please don't go.

cooldude's Arena

OVR: 15
Location: One of The World's Leaders in Crude Oil: Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada

He'll be back...I assure you.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Titus001's Arena

OVR: 8

Hopefully this is just fake news.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »