Home

UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!)

This is a discussion on UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!) within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2010, 04:11 PM   #81

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: UFC 112 - Silva v. Maia, Penn v. Edgar (NO SPOILERS!!!!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by allBthere
I agree with that, but also had a problem with edgar in a way. He didn't try to beat his opponent, he tried to out point him- and he did (barely)

I wish penn listened to his corner and took it to the ground actually.

Edgar won't be there for long, you can count on that.
By the time Penn's corner was telling him to take it to the ground, it was already too late for that. Between the heat and the humidity both guys were sweaty and it would have been tough to get a solid takedown and hold them there. Frankie actually got Penn down twice and Penn got right back up. Due to the conditions in Abu Dhabi this fight was destined to either be completely stand up or someone needed to try for a takedown right away in the first round to have any shot of doing anything on the ground. After the fight they asked Frankie about fighting outdoors in this heat and he said something about how it didnt take any time to warm up and get a sweat as he was sweating before he even got in the cage. Maia couldnt get a hold of Silva, neither Frankie or Penn could get a hold of each other and Renzo was unable to get Hughes down as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2010, 07:23 PM   #82
MVP

OVR: 9

well dana is pissed
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=ki-ufcsilva041010

Maybe if shogun beats machida we might get to see shogun vs silva or maybe sonnen vs silva. The last time silva had a boring fight he bounced back with a 1st round knock out. I think he gets bored when there is no threat of the other guy beating him. He tried to engage with maia early in the fight but maia wouldn't come forward, so when maia and the crowd got frustrated he just circled around.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:14 PM   #83
Old School

MachoMyers's Arena

OVR: 20

Just this past week Dana said the days of friends not fighting each other was over. I wonder if that could mean we would see Silva vs. the winner of Machida vs. Shogun no matter who wins?
Old 04-11-2010, 10:28 PM   #84
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier12
Just this past week Dana said the days of friends not fighting each other was over. I wonder if that could mean we would see Silva vs. the winner of Machida vs. Shogun no matter who wins?
I just think Silva vs. Machida would be an awful fight. Both are counter strikers and would be circling each other for minutes at a time.
Old 04-11-2010, 11:32 PM   #85
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

I think that was more refering to Kos/Fitch.

I'm not hatin' on Renzo. At least he got up instead of quit. Then what he said after the fight about taking an easy fight "What kind of fighter would I be if I had done that?" even though Rogan and someone from his corner had to hold him up.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »