Home

UFC 115 - Vancouver/June 12th, 2010

This is a discussion on UFC 115 - Vancouver/June 12th, 2010 within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2010, 12:53 AM   #33
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 115 - Vancouver/June 12th, 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CYST2000
Exactly. I feel this is a poor effort for a card, and the price should reflect it. I wouldn't even buy this at full price if Tito was still in it. I mean why is there a rubber match when the same man won very convincingly in the last two outings.

I love how people in here will put words in your mouth that you didn't say, but after telling you that your wrong about something come to the conclusion that (I actually agree with you). I actually pay for the ppv's that I see, and no I never come in here looking for certain people asking where I can get the stream of the fight. I actually pony up the cash to see these events, and feel slapped in the face when approached by my favorite company in my favorite fighting sport when they throw a card in my face and ask me to buy it.

And when I put (IMO) in a post, it doesn't mean you can't disagree with me, but if your going to disagree with me, please don't take my words out of context, and at least say something insightful instead of (I actually agree with you).
LOL. I find it hilarious that you want to act as if your initial post wasnt absolutely ridiculous. This is your original post in case you forgot:

"Man, UFC cards are getting weaker and weaker. this will be two ppv's in a row without a title defense. WTF!!! Dana I know you can do better than this."

Its a ridiculous post. Its OK though. Everybody does that once in a while. Ive done it in the past. My original response to you (and everyone since then) is that its silly to think there should be a title defense every other PPV. I didnt say **** about it not being a weak card.

I wont even talk about how silly it is to feel "slapped in the face" because the UFC put on a weak card. Again, you dont have to buy the PPV. Its ok. You can skip one. Really, you can skip one.

Anyway, I'm done with responding to you about this. Back to discussing the card.

Last edited by aholbert32; 06-04-2010 at 12:58 AM.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:10 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 42

Don't sleep on the Pat Barry vs Mirko fight...could be explosive in a pure striker vs striker way.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:35 AM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by deaduck
Don't sleep on the Pat Barry vs Mirko fight...could be explosive in a pure striker vs striker way.
rothwell vs yvel could be a great striking battle too.

There is a chance it might be sloppy groin kicking and the loser whining about the stoppage but I think it should be a candidate for KO of the night
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2010, 01:43 AM   #36
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. I find it hilarious that you want to act as if your initial post wasnt absolutely ridiculous. This is your original post in case you forgot:

"Man, UFC cards are getting weaker and weaker. this will be two ppv's in a row without a title defense. WTF!!! Dana I know you can do better than this."

Its a ridiculous post. Its OK though. Everybody does that once in a while. Ive done it in the past. My original response to you (and everyone since then) is that its silly to think there should be a title defense every other PPV. I didnt say **** about it not being a weak card.

I wont even talk about how silly it is to feel "slapped in the face" because the UFC put on a weak card. Again, you dont have to buy the PPV. Its ok. You can skip one. Really, you can skip one.

Anyway, I'm done with responding to you about this. Back to discussing the card.

I was like "didn't dude say that?"

Anyway we get a card in a month or so.
Old 06-04-2010, 04:53 PM   #37
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

116/117 are both stacked. Thiago Silva possibly went from the main event at 108 to the undercard at 117.

Though yah they probably could've done better here. Not sure why Ryan Bader isn't on this for example,he probably won't be on one until 120.
Old 06-04-2010, 05:51 PM   #38
Pro

CYST2000's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32

Its a ridiculous post. Its OK though. Everybody does that once in a while. Ive done it in the past. My original response to you (and everyone since then) is that its silly to think there should be a title defense every other PPV. I didn't say **** about it not being a weak card.

I wont even talk about how silly it is to feel "slapped in the face" because the UFC put on a weak card. Again, you don't have to buy the PPV. Its ok. You can skip one. Really, you can skip one.

Don't call my post's B.S. or call them ridiculous, after all It was my opinion, and I don't need you letting me know how crazy you think I am. Disagree if you want, but don't try to put words in my mouth. I never said that I needed a title shot every other ppv, but at least give me a better card. I merely stated the fact that this would be two months in a row without a good title fight, and also added (in another post) that no.1 contenders matches make good co-main events. Did you even read those posts?

I'm done with this thread until the ppv is over, I'll be back to see the results for this quickly thrown together card.

Last edited by CYST2000; 06-04-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:00 PM   #39
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

If they can't put on a title match or a highly publicized #1 contenders fight (like Rashad/Rampage) then I think a match between 2 legends is the next best thing. Sure neither Liddell or Franklin are top fighters anymore, but everyone knows them, and those names can sell cards to longtime MMA viewers.
Old 06-04-2010, 08:04 PM   #40
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

I'm excited to see Liddell back in the octagon again. Even anxious to see Cro Cop. not a great card, but not even the worse one in the past 6-8 months.........imo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »