Home

UFC 117 - Anderson Silva v. Chael Sonnen

This is a discussion on UFC 117 - Anderson Silva v. Chael Sonnen within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2010, 09:45 PM   #105
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Not Only is Anderson Silva Fighting Chael Sonnen at UFC 117... It's the Main Even

I have no illusions on how this fight will probably go, but hope is the only reason to watch Silva at this point. I don't need to sit there and watch a PPV just to see him dance.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2010, 11:54 PM   #106
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: Not Only is Anderson Silva Fighting Chael Sonnen at UFC 117... It's the Main Even

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Highlights from the Silva/Sonnen conference call:

*Sonnen says he's coming into this fight to be the champion, not the man who beat Anderson Silva. Says he doesn't pick his fights like Silva, who likes to fight, "math teachers from Ohio and one legged Canadians. He's never fought an all-american from Oregon." Says he's proud to represent Oregon.

*Sonnen says, "I just don't like him. That's it. I'm going to take his belt on August 7 and Dana is going to fire him on August 8."

*Silva is asked if this is the most anticipated fight for him in his UFC career. Silva just says, "No."

*Sonnen says he will start looking at tape on Silva this coming weekend and says he doesn't see a major weakness anywhere. Says he's the toughest guy in the company. "There has never been a guy with earrings who will out tough me and he won't be the first."

*Sonnen says all the attention is distracting him including this media call. Says he is a partner with UFC while Anderson is an employee and that's why all the questions are coming towards him and Anderson is giving one word answers on a speakerphone.
There's more gems here:

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/...12154&zoneid=2

Now, I have my doubts as to if Chael can win this fight, but damn, this man HAS IT when it comes to cutting a promo on an opponent. I'll be rooting for him.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 07-28-2010, 02:45 AM   #107
Banned

OVR: 18

I'm so sick of hearing this ****** talk. I really wanted to root for him because I don't like Silva but I can't do it.

At this point I really don't care who wins. I just want the fight to be over with.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:47 AM   #108
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven
I'm so sick of hearing this ****** talk. I really wanted to root for him because I don't like Silva but I can't do it.

At this point I really don't care who wins. I just want the fight to be over with.
If andrson comes in to fight it will be a quick night, but who knows. Even if chael gets him down, ANderson has pretty good trianges so he still has to watch.
Chael should try to heel hook him, bet hed never see that coming.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:04 PM   #109
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

With all the **** that Silva has gotten from the last fight and Sonnen's talk, I think Silva is going for the kill. I expect a Griffin-style asskicking. Silva by murder.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:10 PM   #110
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
With all the **** that Silva has gotten from the last fight and Sonnen's talk, I think Silva is going for the kill. I expect a Griffin-style asskicking. Silva by murder.
See though, people have been saying this after all his other lackluster wins...He just doesn't seem to ever bring it anymore. He's happy to point out a win once he thinks he's ahead on the cards...
Old 07-28-2010, 04:20 PM   #111
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTX3
Imnot expecting that\, but i hope it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #112
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Even if Sonnen is able to take him down, I don't know how much damage Sonnen will be able to do. Silva has a good guard and while Sonnen is a strong wrestler, he isn't very good at working on the ground. He doesn't pass guard or have any submission skills.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »