Home

UFC 142 - Aldo v. Mendes - Jan. 14 - Brazil

This is a discussion on UFC 142 - Aldo v. Mendes - Jan. 14 - Brazil within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2012, 04:38 PM   #65
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: UFC 142 - Aldo v. Mendes - Jan. 14 - Brazil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Yeah I can see being a pound or 2 at the most over. But 12 pounds ? WTF ? Did you start cutting Monday or something ? LOL

20% of his purse goes to Vitor automatically. His trainers need to be fired. If your walk around weight is that damn high, you need to start cutting a month before. I mean seriously you might as well fight at light heavyweight division if your walk around weight is that high.......SMH
Totally agree. I was watching Countdown the other day and I was thinking "Rumble looks like he's at least 220-230 right there". If he loses I promise you Dana will fire him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #66
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Wasn't he cut once before ?
Nope. When he missed weight against Yoshida, Dana docked his paycheck.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #67
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

Really though? Cut him from the league? He's one of the most entertaining fighters in the world. I'm sure they can just have him go up another weight class.

This fight though is for sure tainted. It's a huge disgrace and Rumble needs to be punished/embarrassed to the maximum.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:39 PM   #68
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Seriously Rumble walks around at 215 to 220 pounds. He should just fight as a light heavyweight, since we know he can at least cut to 197.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:42 PM   #69
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex carrabba fan
No way, don't fire him, just take $$ out of his pocket, and maybe that'll force him to just go all the way up to LHW. Lmao
You have to fire him. This is a case of him not trying. He can make 185. ****, he made 170 back in October. He just didn't try to manage his eight. He severely jeopardized the co-main event. Also on this card, Belfort is really the main event. He is the most popular Brazilian fighter next to Silva and the reason why people are going to the fight. Johnson missing weight could've caused a fight cancellation.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:44 PM   #70
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Really though? Cut him from the league? He's one of the most entertaining fighters in the world. I'm sure they can just have him go up another weight class.

This fight though is for sure tainted. It's a huge disgrace and Rumble needs to be punished/embarrassed to the maximum.
What if he can't make 205 next time? This is the 3rd time he's missed weight in the UFC. Its unprofessional. Its not like there is a financial reason for keeping him either. He's an entertaining fighter but he isn't selling tickets. Cut him on principal if he loses.
Old 01-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #71
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

I say just take away a lot of his purse and then basically mandate that this is his last warning. Have him move up to LHW for the time being, or scare him enough to make 185 next time around.

I don't like the idea of cutting one of the most entertaining fighters out there. Despite jeopardizing an event and despite tainting this fight. But I'm sure if they let him go, he'll win a few fights in another org, and then come back anyway in the future.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2012, 04:46 PM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Sandman42's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
No way, don't fire him, just take $$ out of his pocket, and maybe that'll force him to just go all the way up to LHW. Lmao
It's not fair to the guys he's up against though. He's pretty much at a full weight class above Belfort. It puts him at a huge advantage since he didn't have to go through a full weight cut. Also apparently his team only notified the UFC today that he was going to miss weight by a lot. If you're over by 12 pounds then the team has to know he's not going to make weight a few days in advance. Why they wait until today to let the UFC know is beyond me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »