Home

Cyborg thinks Rousey is afraid of her? LMAO

This is a discussion on Cyborg thinks Rousey is afraid of her? LMAO within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Rookie

BonesKnows85's Arena

OVR: 6
Cyborg thinks Rousey is afraid of her? LMAO

Cyborg is wannabe just like Alistair Overeem. Yea you're a huge, fit, monster knocking people out....when you're in Strikeforce roiding out. Like Dana said, Cybrog is irrelevant. She needs to go win some fights and stay clean. Having Tito Ortiz for a manager shows you that she isn't too bright. As he is about the dumbest guy in MMA.

Rousey is a weight class down from Cyborg, and she is the UFC champ. So if Cyborg rolls through Invicta, the she gets a fight against Rousey, she will have to drop weight. Her and the idiots at her camp said "It would threaten Cyborg's life for her to have to get to 135" So a woman losing weight down to 135 is life threatening? Doubtful. I think Cyborg is the one who is afraid.

I think she and Overeem will eventually be permanent bans from the sport in 3 years. My 2 year old niece could tell that Cyborg was taking steroids. She got caught flat out, in the worst way. She needs to prove herself. Then Rousey will put that bum in an armbar.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2013, 11:50 PM   #2
All Star

Tha_Kid's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: Cyborg thinks Rousey is afraid of her? LMAO

I completely agree with your post. I will however say:

Rousey competed in Olympics at 154

Rousey competed in Strikeforce at 145

And in UFC now it's 135.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:57 AM   #3
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha_Kid
I completely agree with your post. I will however say:

Rousey competed in Olympics at 154

Rousey competed in Strikeforce at 145

And in UFC now it's 135.
Rousey was chubby and had sameday weigh ins in the olympics at 154. NO WEIGHT CUTTING. Now she is in much better shape, and probably weighs an natural 140-145. Mean while a woman who has extra muclemass from anabolic steroids wants to whine about dropping a weight class? I agree with her camp, It might be life threatening to Cut that amount of weight because of how she has chemically altered her body. Bottom line is. There is no 145 division in the UFC, only a 135. In strikeforce Cyborg made a living off beating up blown up 135ers and 125ers. There has never been a real 145lb weightclass, it was there to accomidate cyborg who even missed that class multiple times due to steroid use. Bottom line is, If cyborg wants to fight Rousey, and fight the champ, she has to fight in the weight class the champ is at. What point does a non title fight make. Zero. If GSP vs Silva happens and it's not at 185 or 170? I don't care to see it. It's not a Championship fight it is pointless at that point. I really don't care to see Rousey vs Cyroid if it's non title.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonesKnows85
Cyborg is wannabe just like Alistair Overeem. Yea you're a huge, fit, monster knocking people out....when you're in Strikeforce roiding out. Like Dana said, Cybrog is irrelevant. She needs to go win some fights and stay clean. Having Tito Ortiz for a manager shows you that she isn't too bright. As he is about the dumbest guy in MMA.

Rousey is a weight class down from Cyborg, and she is the UFC champ. So if Cyborg rolls through Invicta, the she gets a fight against Rousey, she will have to drop weight. Her and the idiots at her camp said "It would threaten Cyborg's life for her to have to get to 135" So a woman losing weight down to 135 is life threatening? Doubtful. I think Cyborg is the one who is afraid.

I think she and Overeem will eventually be permanent bans from the sport in 3 years. My 2 year old niece could tell that Cyborg was taking steroids. She got caught flat out, in the worst way. She needs to prove herself. Then Rousey will put that bum in an armbar.
When two fighters from different weight classes want to have a super fight, they usually meet at catch weight. Cyborg has been willing to meet at a catch weight for a while now, but dana and ronda refuse to accept that and would rather call cyborg names instead. I don't believe rousey is scared to fight any girl on the planet, but dana dosen't rousey anywhere near her because he's knows what most actual mma fans have always known: Rousey and her piece of mma game have no shot of getting out of the first round with cyborg. Cyborg is simply to well rounded to lose to a girl with zero striking ability. To make this matchup now would be pointless because it would simply be a one-sided beating for however long it lasted.
Old 02-26-2013, 12:30 PM   #5
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
When two fighters from different weight classes want to have a super fight, they usually meet at catch weight. Cyborg has been willing to meet at a catch weight for a while now, but dana and ronda refuse to accept that and would rather call cyborg names instead. I don't believe rousey is scared to fight any girl on the planet, but dana dosen't rousey anywhere near her because he's knows what most actual mma fans have always known: Rousey and her piece of mma game have no shot of getting out of the first round with cyborg. Cyborg is simply to well rounded to lose to a girl with zero striking ability. To make this matchup now would be pointless because it would simply be a one-sided beating for however long it lasted.
Thats not really true. There isnt a long history of superfights in MMA period. The biggest one was Penn/GSP 2 and that took place at GSP's weight of 170.

Also you assume alot about that fight. One, who knows how well she will fight with out the roids. Two, as "well rounded" as you thing Cyborg, Gina Carano (a woman with limited grappling skills) mounted Cyborg within a minute of their fight. I dont see Rousey having much of a problem getting Cyborg to the ground assuming she can take her punches. Carano took them for an entire round. Coenan took them for three. ****, the majority of fighters who have faced Cyborg have lasted multiple rounds with her.

So the question is who do you think can last longer? I'd put my money on Rousey avoiding a KO long enough to slap an armbar on Cyborg.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 PM   #6
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

I find it funny that people assume that Rousey isn't well-rounded.

Why?

Because she doesn't have to do anything else but take the girl down and put her in an armbar?

Why change what works?

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-27-2013, 12:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbob
I find it funny that people assume that Rousey isn't well-rounded.

Why?

Because she doesn't have to do anything else but take the girl down and put her in an armbar?

Why change what works?
Have you seen her try to strike? Let's just say she won't be knocking anyone out any time soon.
Old 02-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #8
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by btrapp
Have you seen her try to strike? Let's just say she won't be knocking anyone out any time soon.
Really? She hasnt made it outside of the first round in 7 fights and she spent the LARGE majority of those rounds on the ground grappling to get an armbar. I dont think we have nearly enough evidence to determine if she is a good or bad striker or even her power.

Everybody loves to talk about how Cyborg is a great striker but she's extremely wild and innacurate. just powerful. She wings punches and has never fought anyone who punches equally as hard who could make her pay for her wildness (probably because the roids made her incredibly strong).

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »