Home

UFC 228: Woodley v Till

This is a discussion on UFC 228: Woodley v Till within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-01-2018, 01:39 AM   #9
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: UFC 228: Woodley v Till

Till is going to miss weight and Woodley won't take the fight or he will kill himself to make weight and not be able to fight.

The UFC better babysit him and make sure he shows up at a reasonable weight. He can't do that crap he normally does.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
Old 08-02-2018, 09:16 PM   #10
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This is some nonsense, for real. I don't like Colby Covington AT ALL, but why even put the Interim strap on the guy if he's not getting the shot. I think him and Woodley going back-and-forth would've been an easy sell. This is a very shortsighted move to me. Till is nice, don't get me wrong, but trying to make him the next big thing seems so forced right now.

The matchmaking and decision making, in general, these past few years haven't made a lot of sense to me. Watching guys work their way up the ranks and the title meaning something was a lot of the appeal for me when I began to religiously follow this sport, damn near 15 years ago.

There are still great fights all the time and the fighters are more skilled than ever, but I'm not sure I like the direction it's headed in. I think the high times from Ronda and Conor's run have given the new management the wrong idea about what fight fans want. At this point, they're just throwing whoever in the cage.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:45 PM   #11
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
This is some nonsense, for real. I don't like Colby Covington AT ALL, but why even put the Interim strap on the guy if he's not getting the shot. I think him and Woodley going back-and-forth would've been an easy sell. This is a very shortsighted move to me. Till is nice, don't get me wrong, but trying to make him the next big thing seems so forced right now.
Yh definitely agree. While I think Till's hype is for real after watching him do well against a high lvl striker like Wonderboy, they are definitely rushing him to be the next big WW star/champ. I'm sure part of that reason is he's easier to market than T-Wood too. I would have rather seen Colby vs T-Wood tbh though. That fight would have probably put more butts in seats cuz of the drama alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-03-2018, 06:53 PM   #12
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

On topic though, pretty good card. Has some bangers. As far as the main event, think this is a bad match up for T-Wood. Long skilled counter striker with size advantage ain't good for him. The thing is T-Wood is also a counter striker though and likes to back up to the cage. Anyone of them can ko the other, but I think we may see alot of the same thing going on like with Woodley/Wonderboy like Macgowan said.
Old 08-04-2018, 07:20 AM   #13
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
This is some nonsense, for real. I don't like Colby Covington AT ALL, but why even put the Interim strap on the guy if he's not getting the shot.
The guy met with the President of United Stated and showed him the belt for crying out loud. That could have been a stroke of PR genius if he wasn't stripped. Really unsure what UFC was thinking with this one.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:14 AM   #14
Banned

Having a hard time predicting the Conor vs Khabib fight right now (I have to re-watch some of their older fights to make a more in-depth analysis of the match up and prediction) but Woodley vs Till is very clear cut for me. I'm very confident that Till KOs Woodley clean within 3 rounds. I respect what he has done as champ, but this is a horrible match up for Woodley.
Old 08-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #15
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormVoltron
Having a hard time predicting the Conor vs Khabib fight right now (I have to re-watch some of their older fights to make a more in-depth analysis of the match up and prediction) but Woodley vs Till is very clear cut for me. I'm very confident that Till KOs Woodley clean within 3 rounds. I respect what he has done as champ, but this is a horrible match up for Woodley.
Yh bad match up for Woodley for sure. Till still has to be careful though as Woodley is very explosive and can also KO him too. If Till can't get the finish, I expect to see alot of the waiting game going on, as these guys are two counter strikers. We may just see Woodley/Thompson again if one of them doesn't finish the other. As far as Conor/Khabib, that should be easy to predict tbh. It's pretty much the classic striker vs grappler match up. Fight stay's standing, Conor wins. Khabib get's Conor down and he can't get back up, Conor's in trouble. Conor has a better chance surviving on the ground than Khabib does standing, but no guy is great at the others specialty, so all comes down to who can keep the fight where they're strongest.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2018, 11:10 AM   #16
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacGowan
The guy met with the President of United Stated and showed him the belt for crying out loud. That could have been a stroke of PR genius if he wasn't stripped. Really unsure what UFC was thinking with this one.
My sentiments exaclty

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »