Home

UFC 228: Woodley v Till

This is a discussion on UFC 228: Woodley v Till within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #89
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: UFC 228: Woodley v Till

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
C' Mon guys fill me in

Sent from my Infinix Zero 4 using Operation Sports mobile app
Woodley finished Till. Knocked him down with the right and submitted him with the darce.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #90
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

A little faster than I thought. You're looking at 4 champion defences. Always the underdog. people just don't know.

got 5-1 right on the UFC3 pick 'em tonight. I was wrong on Davis
Old 09-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #91
Pro

Boy was I wrong. Woodley is absolutely, 100% for real and the LEGIT champ. I shoulda known after Thompson 2x and Maia, but for some reason it took him DOMINATING Till and submitting him. Woodley is the MAN.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 12:12 AM   #92
MVP

Woodley won ....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ...hhhhhhhhhh.ahhhhhhhh

Old 09-09-2018, 12:13 AM   #93
Sassy

MacGowan's Arena

Also I would have NEVER thought Jim and Sanchez would have won tonight. Good for them
Old 09-09-2018, 12:21 AM   #94
Dave

Dave_S's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbitfistssaipailo
C' Mon guys fill me in

Also there was a lot of good performances, I give bonuses to Andrade, Aljo Sterling, Woodley and Zabit. Zabit and Aljo had wild kneebars from back mount, Andrade had vicious 1 hit ko of KK. No fight of the night. Freaking Jim Miller had an excellent finish.
Old 09-09-2018, 12:22 AM   #95
Pro

Being said, Till is no McGregor. A lot of people including myself may have been thinking Till is a McGregoresque character with the forward pressure southpaw swag, but there’s a huge difference. Till’s tools are extremely limited, even his left is a bit wild and loopy. He seems like he has the presence, has he size, has he confidence, has the phantom pressure... but lacks the tools. Woodley just did exactly what he said he would... beat him everywhere and beat him with experience.

I know it’s easy to say after the fight... but we shoulda known, guys. This was a bit of a mismatch. Till beat an over-the-hill LW, and arguably lost to Thompson. Woodley has been getting Ws against top level competition.

McGregor vs Khabib is the REAL fight of 2018. A super competitive, well matched fight. McGregor has the presence and pressure, but ALSO the tools to back it up. Khabib is a 26-0 wrecking machine. That’s a fight that CAN’T disappoint. Till vs Woodley, well, did. It was a mismatch that deep down, we all suspected the fight could turn out to be.

My takeaways from this fight is that

A)Till lacks tools. He isn’t a very smart, or highly skilled fighter. He has the presence, but he’s one dimensional. No spinning kick, no jabs, no lead uppercuts... it’s just a hard wild left.

B) Woodley is for real. And he’s well rounded. And he’s likely the best welterweight in the world. There is some new talent we saw tonight, and some more established guys like Colby and Usman... perhaps they’ll be a better challenge for TWood but as of tonight, Woodley is the best WW.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2018, 12:24 AM   #96
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Great night of fights tonight, lots of finishes and main event lived up to the hype. I thought Till would have took it, but knew he had to watch out for that right hand cuz that thing is ruthless as Woodley showed again tonight. Really enjoyed this card. Can't wait for Conor vs Khabib!

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »