Home

MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

This is a discussion on MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion within the MVP Baseball Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2004, 12:17 AM   #1665
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MVP Baseball 2004 Roster Discussion

hey kerm and gomer I dont know if you noticed in your last and most up to date version that the Atlanta Braves AA LF Bill McCarthy is an astonishing 14 years old. Did I miss this signing or is it a mistake? Props for all the hard work just thought you'd like to know. I hope to start my franchise soon with your next release. Again thanks for the hard work and conversions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 12:56 AM   #1666
Banned

OVR: 5

dude go look at khali Greene he has a face now 2 versions ago!
Old 05-29-2004, 02:23 AM   #1667
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

McCarthy was born in 1979 not 1989 just a typing error.

Also took care of some other errors, like Vitiello is a LF not a SU player. Also I noticed that EA had Matt Miller a left hander ,win which he is Righthanded. They also had the wrong date of birth for him too. I will upload version 4.

When a person does something like what I did, there is bound to be some errors to be ironed out.
Thanks for pointing things out.
Thanks
Kerm
Old 05-29-2004, 09:48 AM   #1668
Pro

OVR: 8

hey kerm--in all of your dealings with the mvp code did you ever find a way to fix the stealing? just curious, it seems that this might be the last major issue unresolved.

also, how has the player progression issue been affected with these roster updates?

Thanks so much for the hard work.

Brian
Old 05-29-2004, 10:00 AM   #1669
MVP

baseball88's Arena

OVR: 11

The player progression is very interesting. It is done in another file. Now there is a datafile that deals with the stealing and some other things like some parts of the dives made in the outfield. The way EA did for the player progression is that a player increase or decrease their abilities according to what they do in each game. I really haven't looked into it much but I can, but I'm sure there are other fellow modders looking into it. That goes for the lefty fix too. A person can only do so much in the rosters. Now remember, this is only the second year for EA doing this particular game, it will give them things to work toward for next year like maybe adding a place for DL and also top single A teams added. Us modders can only do so much because some of the code the gaming companies use are sometimes a variety of programs. I only have so much time to do things. The gaming companies are already working for next year. Their model or oath is always make the public urge for more. That is where us modders come in, sometimes we can figure things out and sometimes not.

I hope this helps
Thanks
Kerm
Old 05-29-2004, 10:36 AM   #1670
Joey Bats

y2dan's Arena

OVR: 6

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />
GomerPyle said:
Probably by tonite they will be up tommorrow!

<hr /></blockquote><font class="post">

Alright, sounds good. I can't wait.
Old 05-29-2004, 12:43 PM   #1671
Rookie

BevoXIII's Arena

OVR: 3

Just an FYI

For the Texas Rangers, Erasmo Ramirez is one of their better relief pitchers, but these rosters have him on the free agent list. Also, these rosters have Rusty Greer and Jeff Zimmerman in starting roles, but they are both out for the season. Is it possible to make an image for Michael Young, who is leading the league in batting with RISP at over .400?

Thanks for the hard work!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2004, 01:21 PM   #1672
Rookie

RedLine's Arena

OVR: 8

Kerm, do your latest rosters have adjusted HR &amp; Steal ratings/stats for righties/lefites to accomodate for the lefty HR and steal issue (like some of the other roster updates)?

If not, do you make other adjustments to attempt to fix these issues?

Thanks in advance. Keith

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball > MVP Baseball Rosters »