Home

Dynasty with budget vs. no budget

This is a discussion on Dynasty with budget vs. no budget within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2004, 11:00 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Dynasty with budget vs. no budget

Quote:

Reznor said:
well, that's just the reality of small market teams.

No, not really. You cannot play with budgets on in this game or the budgets should be set higher (HH can do this). I play with the cubs and every guy wants 2500 points. even joe borkowski. there is no negotiations. the big problem is that most current players are signed to 1 year deals. and then the get unhappy and such. i have turned budgets off as in real baseball.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:10 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

dano said:
Quote:

Reznor said:
well, that's just the reality of small market teams.

the big problem is that most current players are signed to 1 year deals.

Exactly.

Practically 3/4 of my major league and AAA teams combined are signed to one year deals. And I have around 4,000 in cap space at the moment, while everyone wants a big pay raise. I'm most likely going to turn off budgets too.
Old 03-24-2004, 12:20 AM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

here's a tip to increase your budget, albeit with penalties for the first year.

Before you start a dynasty, add expensive guys like Mo Vaughn, Pedro Astacio, Ugeth Urbina to your roster. Start your franchise, and your budget will increase enough to cover their salaries. Cut them or trade them for low priced guys. This will give you at least 5,000 extra bank, and even more when the penalties for cutting them expire.
Old 03-24-2004, 01:53 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's all a moot point since after season 1, the CPU goes back to being idiotic and having 15 pitchers on a team.
Old 03-24-2004, 02:52 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 5

dude, the budget/no budget thing SUCKS! i too play with the cubs and they are mostly on these 1-year deals. WEAK!! and like, how does one re-sign sammy, kerry wood, mark prior, derrek lee, and amaris ramirez. what really sucks is, none of these guys are FA at the end of the year in real life! sammy's got till next year, they just re-upped wood for several years, prior's on the books for a while, they just re-upped lee for a while, and ramirez must have a year or two left on his deal, i think. the only guys the cubs are in danger of losing after this year are moises alou and matt clement. and aren't players' deals usually pretty dead on in game to real life? this is disappointing.

i was thinking tho, what if you turned budget off during your season, sign players to their real contracts, then turn the budgets back on (if you can indeed toggle it during season). then, with the offsetting years of contracts, you just let fate take your team wherever it may go, but at least different players will be up for contracts at different years. and if this is possible, ya may want to be thorough and do every team's contracts right (if that's possible too).

any thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2004, 04:19 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

What's wierd is the Yankees contracts seem to be dead on (in terms of length).
Old 03-24-2004, 05:41 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 5

well...the talk in chicago is that alou and clement are the only players whose futures are uncertain at the moment.

well i tried what i said when i went home for my lunch break: set the budgets off during my season, and started randomly resigning players. they'd still reject contracts, and the screens outlining their current contracts and how they feel about them was gone, but of course, sky's the limit in how much you can give them. so once you fatten the pot enough, they agree. but then, when i went back to the options and put budgets back on and looked at my cubs' payroll, it said i had -8,000 and if i were to try to negotiate with anyone else, the money option was just dead set at zero, so you can't really make any offers. so i'm not sure what this does to you in the long term (do you get fired at the end of the season for poor budget management?) but then you can have all the players for the amount of time they've really signed on for. i guess the thing is, you have NO space to re-up them or sign anyone new until some of them just take off. so like...i guess it means there's probably no hope whatsoever of resigning moises at the end of year 1. i dunno. how come the yanks are dead on tho????
Old 03-24-2004, 11:56 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

hapa17 said:
well...the talk in chicago is that alou and clement are the only players whose futures are uncertain at the moment.

well i tried what i said when i went home for my lunch break: set the budgets off during my season, and started randomly resigning players. they'd still reject contracts, and the screens outlining their current contracts and how they feel about them was gone, but of course, sky's the limit in how much you can give them. so once you fatten the pot enough, they agree. but then, when i went back to the options and put budgets back on and looked at my cubs' payroll, it said i had -8,000 and if i were to try to negotiate with anyone else, the money option was just dead set at zero, so you can't really make any offers. so i'm not sure what this does to you in the long term (do you get fired at the end of the season for poor budget management?) but then you can have all the players for the amount of time they've really signed on for. i guess the thing is, you have NO space to re-up them or sign anyone new until some of them just take off. so like...i guess it means there's probably no hope whatsoever of resigning moises at the end of year 1. i dunno. how come the yanks are dead on tho????

Just turn off the stupid budget and set one yourself. I set one at 45K for the cubs. if you ar -8000 i think that puts you at 43K? anyway, it is just to unrealistic. joe B wants 2K. i traded sosa for beltran and wood/alou for manny(6K) so that is why my salary is so high.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »