Home

Dynasty with budget vs. no budget

This is a discussion on Dynasty with budget vs. no budget within the MVP MLB Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2004, 10:56 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Dynasty with budget vs. no budget

I started a Dynasty with budgets on. After the 2nd game the CPU changed all their rosters by dropping a lot of bench hitters, calling up pitchers (up to 15 per team), and calling up some hot prospects I created (Jeremy Reed, BJ Upton). Anyway, I found this very annoying so I restarted the Dynasty and turned off budgets to test it out. The CPU has not changed the rosters yet and have not called up hot prospects. I havent simmed through a season but this may be a fix for the CPU rosters problem. And while Id rather play with a budget its not 100% necessary because its not realistic. Teams in MLB go over their budgets when they think its necessary (in a playoff race).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2004, 12:22 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Dynasty with budget vs. no budget

anybody else tested this?
Old 03-22-2004, 12:30 PM   #3
Rookie

UALKOEBS's Arena

OVR: 4

I would like to know if they call up any of the minor league guys at all w/budgets off? If they do, I am turning off the budget too. New ownership doesn't follow old ownerships penny pinching! I consider myself a jerry jones guy and win at all costs type. But I want some of the studs(p.Fielder,upton) I created to be called up and down throughout the season.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:11 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I play with no budgets BUT i have fair trades on. I simply can't totally trade and buy my way to a title.
Old 03-22-2004, 02:53 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 6

With budgets turned off.. How much does every team get, and do they all get the same amount of money to start?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2004, 04:03 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:

Grondar said:
With budgets turned off.. How much does every team get, and do they all get the same amount of money to start?

Yeah everyone is on the same playing field. Maybe this will also solve the problem of having good FA's remain unsigned for months.
Old 03-22-2004, 04:53 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 6

I just did a test dynasty with the Royals, with budgets turned off.

The roster set I used had Urbina on waivers. When I went to FA's and tried to sign him, it allowed me to, straight up.

There was no "negotiation" screen, and I was instead told that I had signed him when I selected him.

It says, "Are you sure you want to Add Kaz Sasaki?" when I select Kaz (who is also on Free Agents).

If I click yes, he is added, providing I have room.

When I go the Free Agents with budgets enabled, I select a player and am greeted by a Contract negotiation screen.

With bugets disabled, signing Free Agents seems to be more of a roster editing move than an actual contract negotiation, as that screen is removed completely.

I just tried this again with I-Rod. Budgets off.

He signed a 1 year deal @ 2,971 a year.

On the Free Agent list he was asking 4 years @ 2,971.

So he is on my team now, with a one year deal. If I go to the payroll screen, I can then open the contract negotiation screen and offer him an extension.

I am going to test sim a month ahead to see if the CPU signs anyone, or if only my team does, seeing that it seems to be more of an "editing" move than a negotiation move to sign Free Agents.

---

Test sim done.

Kaz and Urbina remain free agents (they are asking a lot of money).

2 months in, here are the players that have been signed:

Dbacks: (SS) Mark Malone
ChiSox: (3B) Drew Henson
Reds: (LF) Rickey Henderson
RockiesSS) Cesar Davis
Tigers: (SS) Josue Mouton
Jays: (C) Jeff Sardinas

Aagin, I used a custom roster set, and the top 3 un-signed Free Agents are: Sasaki (asking 2,806 for 4), Urbina (asking 2,674 for 2), and A. Boone (asking 2,542 for 2).
Old 03-23-2004, 09:59 AM   #8
Rookie

OK I just simmed an entire season with budget off to see what would happen. Here are the results.

During the season:
The CPU picked up may FA's during the season. They made tons of trades as well. From what I can tell all the teams had 11-12 pitchers. They also called up some players throughout the year too (especially some of the studs I created). The previous poster is right. You dont have to negotiate with FA's on contracts. Not a big deal to me during the season.

Offseason:
When resigning your players you have to negotiate with them. Obviously with no budget you can give them as high of a contract as you want. Kind of stupid but I can deal with it. During the Free Agency period once again you dont have to negotiate with players. Just click on them and they sign with your team. This means you can have the top 10 FA's sign on your team with no negotiating whatsoever. One solution I thought of was to pick 1 or 2 FA's you really want and sign them like this during the first week of Free Agency. Then simulate to the next week or later weeks and see who's left and sign them then if you want. This way you get a few players you were targeting (cuz like any other EA game you always get the players you want) and the CPU gets alot of good FA's as well. I looked at the rosters after the free agency period and the majority of the FA's were signed to other teams. Carlos Delgado went to SF. The Oakland A's signed a crazy amount of FA's! They signed Sammy Sosa and Lance Berkman. The Rangers signed Kaz Sasaki and Trevor Hoffman. Etc. The best FA left was Mike Hampton.

Anyway, I guess you gotta pick your poison. Do you play with budgets on and have the CPU completely change the rosters and have 15 pitchers and 10 hitters per team? Or do you play without budgets and have normal looking rosters and a slightly flawed FA system? Im going with no budget and Ill do the method I described above.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games > MVP MLB Baseball »