Home

New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500MT??

This is a discussion on New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500MT?? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2015, 06:47 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
I had the exact same experience, except I lost by about 9 or so.

Kerr, Korver, Bradley, Green, George, Anderson, et al. couldn't hit any jump shots, regardless of how open they were. I also had like 5 or 6 missed dunks in this game that just rattled out, and countless missed layups around the rim.

Most of these wide open jump shots were getting C grades from the shot judging system, so I guess that confirms it's on Hall of Fame difficulty?

The cheese is strong with this one.
Yeah players with 90+ standing three point shot shouldn't be missing WIDE open looks. I really don't have a gameplan going into this 2nd attempt. Maybe MJ will get injured
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2015, 06:48 PM   #42
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

Re: New "Marathon Men" challenge - 12 min quarters on ultra hard difficulty for 1500M

I tried the challenge earlier.

At halftime they were +11 in rebounds, with 0 fouls called on them while I had 9 called on me. By the end of the game I had 17 fouls while they had a whopping 5, and they were +17 in rebounds.

Needless to say, I didn't complete the challenge

Position: PG/SG
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 225 lbs

Overall Rating: 88
Record: 328-184
Grade: B

PPG: 4.6
APG: 2.9
RPG: 2.9
Old 01-13-2015, 06:50 PM   #43
Rookie

Webbie2K's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyizzle
i had to rage quit after keeping it a close game into the 4th. So many missed layups!!! pissed me off sm. And wide open threes were not falling for me either smh
lol why would you rage quit in the 4th? You basically forfeited about 1000 MT points.

Position: PG/SG
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 225 lbs

Overall Rating: 88
Record: 328-184
Grade: B

PPG: 4.6
APG: 2.9
RPG: 2.9
Old 01-13-2015, 08:57 PM   #44
Rookie

My defence is killing me in these 12 min challenges! i still didnt win the first one last night.

142 - 136 loss

My durant went for 56, Melo 30 and Harden 30. still lost....
If i could improve my defence and hit open shots id smash it in....

Hopefully a few things sell on the block by the time i get home and ill buy a Lebron.

Have Durant at the PG Lebron at 4 and Melo 2 or 3......

See how that goes
Old 01-13-2015, 09:09 PM   #45
MVP

It's so dumb you can't use better then gold. I am missing out on my best players aside from Bron
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-14-2015, 07:13 AM   #46
Rookie

Finally beat thE marathon one. But cant beat the two brothers one. Got done by 15 my best try. Doubt ill try again

Anyone actually won it?
Old 01-14-2015, 09:01 AM   #47
Rookie

I tried the two brothers challenge and i had to quit at half time, it was absolute rubbish, even wanted to quit with 9pts lead after 1st quarter but i stayed to check the stats at halftime. Was just out-rebounded by 3, nothing really wrong with the stats but gameplay was unbearable. There was a glitch or something on every damn PnR i ran where my ballhandler would get sucked in for a second until the cpu d get back, or instead going for a layup my guy would just pick up his dribble (noone around him) and pulls for a jay.
Things i noticed on offense is that cpu often does leave your bigs open on the baseline or around the elbow trying to help/trap thus leads to open shots, i subbed out Jordan Hill for Speights early in the 1st and he ended up with 8pts 4/5 shooting. Didn't get any green releases on wide open 3pts shots, only slightly late releases went in. Forget about dunks/layups in traffic, not sure if yall seen this animation where your guy would go for a layup and in mid-air the cpu defender would just grab him for the shoulders and bring him to the ground with no foul being called...happened like 2-3 times. Here is my lineup: R.Jackson, baby KD, Pippen, Faried, Hill and off the bench Cheeks, Dr.J, Nique, Boozer, and R.Evans...also Speights and Ross. Nique played horrible for me in this one, blew so many layups/dunks. If i would try again, def gonna bring Frazier in my lineup, i have his release down and he is deadly from mid. All in all it was just ********, the gameplay i mean, 10k is flipping a guy or two in the auction house, so yeah...
Anyway, there was two plays in the first quarter that easily could erase all those awful memories from playing the challenge, first one on a fastbreak, KD threw a crazy powerful off the glass alley-oop to Pippen. Sh1t was real, and the second one R.Jackson baptized J.West on a baseline dunk, man it was hard for him to get up...he needed like 6-7 seconds, poor guy

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »