Home

Old 04-24-2015, 03:23 PM   #49
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: New rubies

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapTim
I think if you want to keep the game alive you have to add players and they should be better for those who continue to play this game. MyTeam is all about building overinflated teams. Thats what it was made for.
2K should have just maxed out all these guys' dunk/vertical ratings and left it at that.

99 speed/quickness on big men is game-breaking.

Yes, MyTeam should be about building overinflated teams, but not at the expense of overinflated player ratings. The player ratings should still have some semblance of reality.

I don't mind when Korver has 99 shooting, or Jordan has 99 dunk, because that's what they're known for. But Korver shouldn't also have 99 speed, and Jordan shouldn't also have 99 shooting. There should still be some adherence to reality in the ratings.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:24 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
I pulled a B Grif and was shocked when i looked at his stats, but who cares its a video game. It wasn't meant to be real life. I think if you want to keep the game alive you have to add players and they should be better for those who continue to play this game. Yes my lineup is bogus and probably considered cheesing but its fun to rain down every shot you put up and watch people get mad. Sorry but go play career mode if you want structure, MyTeam is all about building overinflated teams. Thats what it was made for.

Onyx Rose/Onyx Big O/Jason Kidd
88-89 Jordan/Onyx VC
Onyx Dr J/Diamond Durant/Saph Nique
Ruby Grif/Saph Hakeem
Onyx KG/PD Shaq

come get sum!!!!
I bet you're the kind that gets mad and rage quits when you get outcheesed
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)
Old 04-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #51
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Defconxx
Spent 60k MT: first pack I pulled Kemp. Last pack I pulled The Glide. The only two players that I really wanted. You might have been really unlucky on this one. Anyway, packs will always remain a rip-off.

I'm guessing MT might be the key. I spent 70k and got Kemp and Griffin. In the past the ruby packs were my lucky packs and I did tend to always use VC then. I hate using MT to open packs.

Then when the odds seemingly changed for most people with TBT I started opening them and having much better luck than before. I still can't believe I spent 300k VC and didn't get a single ruby though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #52
MVP

We want players to be who they were/are this is just bizarre and cartoonish.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:36 PM   #53
Rookie

Im not setting out to make people mad. Its just comical to me that they get mad because my team is better than theirs. People shouldn't get upset because I play more and have spent more money so my team is better. This is the American way. We don't live in some communist country where everything is even and all the teams in MyTeam are even too. Like I said if you want to play sim basketball where there is a salary cap and all the teams are even then go play another mode its that easy. Dont sit here and get mad at 2k for making better cards so that people like me can spend our money and buy them. I definitely wouldnt spend anymore if they didnt release rediculous cards. They are smart and capitalistic like we all should be.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:39 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Im not setting out to make people mad. Its just comical to me that they get mad because my team is better than theirs. People shouldn't get upset because I play more and have spent more money so my team is better. This is the American way. We don't live in some communist country where everything is even and all the teams in MyTeam are even too. Like I said if you want to play sim basketball where there is a salary cap and all the teams are even then go play another mode its that easy. Dont sit here and get mad at 2k for making better cards so that people like me can spend our money and buy them. I definitely wouldnt spend anymore if they didnt release rediculous cards. They are smart and capitalistic like we all should be.
Homie you can make good cards without killing realism. Are you saying you wouldn't get Blake Griffin if he had an 85 speed?
Steph Curry (MVP)
Deron Williams (TBT Gold)

Ben Wallace (DOPY)Rajon Rondo (TBT)
Lance Stephenson (TBT)
Tracy McGrady (Raptors)
Rudy Gay (TBT)

Last edited by Lucretius8; 04-24-2015 at 03:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2015, 03:47 PM   #55
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
I'm guessing MT might be the key. I spent 70k and got Kemp and Griffin. In the past the ruby packs were my lucky packs and I did tend to always use VC then. I hate using MT to open packs.

Then when the odds seemingly changed for most people with TBT I started opening them and having much better luck than before. I still can't believe I spent 300k VC and didn't get a single ruby though.
My guess for TBT packs would be that there are less people opening packs so you get more chances at a good a pull. However, I noticed a similar MT influence on odds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2015, 03:50 PM   #56
Rookie

I'm saying I don't want it to be realistic. If I wanted realistic I would go play real basketball. This mode is not meant to be realistic, many of the players are dead so how is that realistic?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »