Home

NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

This is a discussion on NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2015, 03:44 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K16 MyTEAM Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Stream

Quote:
Originally Posted by zasbury25
It's bad enough that nothing, regardless of color, can be sold for under 500mt...that either needs to go away or be modified based on color tier.
I was saying that if they did away with MT. This would make one currency that you can get for doing anything and use it on whatever you want. Whether it be buy packs, cards off the AH, mycareer/mygm stuff, whatever.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:57 PM   #34
Rookie

dvazquez190's Arena

OVR: 2
@H3llgwar - Weirder if your name is Daniel lol.

@Strictlyforbuckets - I'll admit i've never actually attempted to play MyTeam since I didn't have the time to dedicate myself to one mode. Had I been able to use VC as currency that wouldn't be the case. I'll have to take your word on it ruining the mode since again, i've never played it. That said, the biggest problem with the "pay to play" mold is that you almost force yourself into using that currency for everything. 2K has gotten away with not using it for MyTeam without backlash which is fine. That said, the moment they introduced currency that can be purchased with real money they basically told everyone "you can get everything by playing, but if you don't want to waste your time just spend a little extra". The real reason you won't see VC in MyTeam has nothing to do with balancing issues. It has everything to do with them actually losing money on people purchasing VC. If the MyTeam market allowed you to buy and sell cards with VC, it would effectively create a new way for people to make VC. A way that would prove the most effective way at making VC.
Old 07-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #35
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Not gonna argue back and forth. Don't really see the big deal, rookie KD was still awesome to use at the beginning last year similar to how this will be.

I appreciate them giving us some cool stuff especially after this year and all the locker code nonsense and ridiculous packs they have. Also nice to see they are adding new card types similar to madden, it will make this mode have more depth and hopefully increase variety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How is it the same? One is some really raw rookie silver card who is average at best. The other is a beast gold card from arguably the greatest scorer of all time.

You're only happy about this if you're a cheeser and don't give a damn about the game. This will ruin the market. A 90+ overall gold MJ selling for next to nothing because everyone has him. It will drive prices down right from the start.

It's nothing like KD. At all. You may as well have given everyone Gordon Hayward.

Giving everyone rookie MJ is like giving everyone.. rookie MJ.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2015, 05:09 PM   #36
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Lol dude you need to chill.

First of all, it's not everyone that's getting it. Only those that preordered the Jordan edition which I can't imagine is "everyone"

Also, it's attributes will be based on his very first NBA game which was decent but in no way shape or form his Gold MJ form. My guess is he'll be rated around an 85.

Silver KD was rated like 80-82 or something with decent shooting stats and he's tall. At the beginning of MT, having that card along with a team full of bronze guys is almost the same difference.

You are really going to extremes here lol

Take it to my PM if you wish to continue this please.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco

Last edited by KingTocco; 07-22-2015 at 05:11 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW
How is it the same? One is some really raw rookie silver card who is average at best. The other is a beast gold card from arguably the greatest scorer of all time.

You're only happy about this if you're a cheeser and don't give a damn about the game. This will ruin the market. A 90+ overall gold MJ selling for next to nothing because everyone has him. It will drive prices down right from the start.

It's nothing like KD. At all. You may as well have given everyone Gordon Hayward.

If you took the time to read the OP you won't be complaining. It's a day one MJ base off the fist time he stepped on a nba floor. He will be rated as a nba prospect same as this year rookies out of the box ratings. His rating won't be anywhere near 90+. He'll be more like a 83 or 85 at most. They now have 5 tiers base off ratings with gold being the 3rd highest. Gold cards won't be the same as 2k15 gold cards.

XB1

Last edited by Scramz718; 07-22-2015 at 07:33 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:17 PM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGSW

If it makes you feel better. I won't have him. And I doubt everyone who plays my team will fork aside the extra 20 bucks.

2nd. This is day one MJ not year one Mj. He was wasn't the highest profiled player playing at UNC. Remember he was taken after Sam Bowie

3rd Sapphire 85 MJ was free this year.

I'm pretty sure there will be an OP player that everyone will use but how about playing the game first. 2k has a license to feature Jordan and the Jordan brand. There using Jordan to sell preorders and packs nothing to see here.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2015, 08:14 PM   #39
Pro

Re: NBA 2K16 MyTeam Changes Announced In Today's Twitch Steam

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyForBuckets
Lmao Amethyst, I bet you half of the people don't even know what that is.

Everything else sounds great though.

My first reaction as well. You know you could have just used my platinum suggestion 2k... i would've been honored. Although i suppose it's not that great either since it looks pretty much exactly like silver.

From the wishlist thread:
"6 - Add a new tier of cards for 90+ ovr players, i'll use "platinum" as an example. Bronze ...-69, silver 70-79 , gold 80-89, platinum 90-99"

Either way, i'm glad they added the new tiers and from looking at the cards it looks like they incorporated my number 7 as well.

"7 - Put a bronze/silver/gold/platinum mark on the specialty cards (emerald/saph/ruby/etc...) depending on their ovr rating as a way to make them usable in restricted seeds/challenges/tournaments/... There's no reason i shouldn't be able to use my 67ovr barbosa anytime i want. Also, base the contracts on the aforementioned mark. There's no reason barbosa should cost about the same to use than let's say lebron & co."

Or maybe i'm looking at it wrong, i can't quite figure out whether that jordan is supposed to be gold tier or amethyst but those 3 green cards have bronze, silver and gold linings so i'm guessing he's supposed to be gold as well. Which would be strange since 85 jordan is a 94 in 2k15 so that would only leave 95-99 overall for the two new top tiers if that card is indeed a gold. Unless they lowered his overall or simply reworked the entire overall formula of course. (edit: nm, just read that it's day 1 jordan so it'll probably be an 80 something like scramz says)

So it looks like 2k does read and work with some of our suggestions from the wishlist threads. All i can say is thank you 2k and i haven't looked forward this much to a new 2k since 2k10 (1st myplayer) and 2k13 (1st myteam).

I just hope the moments card don't eventually become too op.

Last edited by Lord Bonium; 07-22-2015 at 08:17 PM.
Old 07-22-2015, 08:19 PM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
I was saying that if they did away with MT. This would make one currency that you can get for doing anything and use it on whatever you want. Whether it be buy packs, cards off the AH, mycareer/mygm stuff, whatever.
The problem with allowing people to buy virtual currency that can be used to spend in the Auction House is that it establishes a pretty direct real money price for players. It was far from a given that one could earn enough MT from selling pack contents to buy the pack from which the stuff came from, in MT. Most of the time, MT value of a pack is lower than the pack's MT price. And even when it's same or more, it would still take a good deal of time/work to sell off everything.

So if one could just pay real money to afford players in the AH, people would just do that, instead of buy packs. Of course, if nobody is buying packs, there's much less supply in the AH, so prices probably go up.

So I think having dual currencies actually improves the AH market for most players. Those of us who don't spend real money on the game can benefit from ready supply of nice, newly-released cards from those who bought packs and want to dump contents for MT.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »