Home

Diamond Bill Russell

This is a discussion on Diamond Bill Russell within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2016, 03:59 PM   #65
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond Bill Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
^I wish they would hurry. I'm getting tired of waiting for the cards...I do enjoy having new cards to get over the months but I'm at the point where I wish they would go ahead and release the rest.
yeah, they need to release MVP packs. this 8 card per week is ridiculous.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 07:46 AM   #66
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kplayer099
^I wish they would hurry. I'm getting tired of waiting for the cards...I do enjoy having new cards to get over the months but I'm at the point where I wish they would go ahead and release the rest.
totally agree. this slow release of cards drives me crazy. I saved up a lot of MT but there is no point of spending it. I'm being patient for a while now, but nothing seems to happen. packs are trash, the good cards overpriced or not even released. great work by 2K
Old 03-05-2016, 06:49 AM   #67
Rookie

So Russel is at 220k fully badged on PS4 right now. How is this possible? High pull rate and/or disappointing? Or people are dumping centers because Kareem will be there next month?

I'm looking for a C myself but I can't decide. I need one right now but I don't want to invest all of my 240k in a position that might lose value because everyone will be using Kareem next month.

Regular Hakeem is at 110k and DPOY Hakeem stays around 220k, same as Russell.

What to do?
Old 03-05-2016, 07:12 AM   #68
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infreno
So Russel is at 220k fully badged on PS4 right now. How is this possible? High pull rate and/or disappointing? Or people are dumping centers because Kareem will be there next month?

I'm looking for a C myself but I can't decide. I need one right now but I don't want to invest all of my 240k in a position that might lose value because everyone will be using Kareem next month.

Regular Hakeem is at 110k and DPOY Hakeem stays around 220k, same as Russell.

What to do?
in your position I would get regular Hakeem - than you still have MT left to work the market. in approx. 7 weeks you'll have Kareem in your starting 5 and Hakeem on the bench. I have the same plans just with the DPOY version and Ralph Sampson on the end of the bench.
Old 03-05-2016, 01:31 PM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
in your position I would get regular Hakeem - than you still have MT left to work the market. in approx. 7 weeks you'll have Kareem in your starting 5 and Hakeem on the bench. I have the same plans just with the DPOY version and Ralph Sampson on the end of the bench.
agree. I am sure DPOY is nice...but I love Historic Hakeem. Plus he can shoot 3's a lil bit. The biggest difference I saw between the two was rebounding but I havent had an issue losing games by getting out-rebounded. I play him with Sampson at PF just like IRL (Twin Towers) and also with DR Dray.

Bill is a good card I am sure, he is down to 200k on xb. I havent pulled the trigger because he is too common of a pull and his price keeps dropping. So if I didnt like him I would lose MT if I sold him back. Also, he is pretty much a rebounder/defender only.

I always say save MT. I know he has dunk issues that need to be addressed, but Mikan is the same size as Bill and 1/4 the price and better all around...just not as athletic.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:20 AM   #70
QNo
MVP

I'm really impressed with this card. Granted, I've only played against the CPU so far, but Bill averaged 3 blocks in the 4 games of the Heat challenge, most of which were CPU-controlled. His rebounding is spectacular, especially on the offensive board. Rebounding has always been the one weakness of my lineup, with Larry and Hakeem in the frontcourt.

His passing is also really great. I run the Hawks freelance, which is a Swing Freelance that you typically kick off by walking it up on the side with your PG and swinging it to the trailing big on top. That big then passes it to either wing and the action initiates. With Russell you can use flashy passes in these situations, which catch the defense off guard and create a little more space. I've also noticed the same after offensive rebounds. There are many situations where kicking it out after an offensive rebound leads to a turnover if the big gets crowded. But Russell makes these passes easily. He even makes no-look passes to backdoor cutters when I'm running my sets without me having to go for a flashy pass.

I'll have to see how this card does online, but I'm very impressed so far. I'll start him over Hakeem and see how that goes.
Old 03-06-2016, 12:17 PM   #71
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
I'm really impressed with this card. Granted, I've only played against the CPU so far, but Bill averaged 3 blocks in the 4 games of the Heat challenge, most of which were CPU-controlled. His rebounding is spectacular, especially on the offensive board. Rebounding has always been the one weakness of my lineup, with Larry and Hakeem in the frontcourt.

His passing is also really great. I run the Hawks freelance, which is a Swing Freelance that you typically kick off by walking it up on the side with your PG and swinging it to the trailing big on top. That big then passes it to either wing and the action initiates. With Russell you can use flashy passes in these situations, which catch the defense off guard and create a little more space. I've also noticed the same after offensive rebounds. There are many situations where kicking it out after an offensive rebound leads to a turnover if the big gets crowded. But Russell makes these passes easily. He even makes no-look passes to backdoor cutters when I'm running my sets without me having to go for a flashy pass.

I'll have to see how this card does online, but I'm very impressed so far. I'll start him over Hakeem and see how that goes.
Let me know how he does in place of the dream. With a supposed reward Hakeem around the corner I'm worried about value in keeping his DPOY.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2016, 12:42 PM   #72
Pro

I'm trying to build my MT back up without selling off all of my collection. I sold my dynamic players(which I didn't have anybody I used at this point or anybody special really) and diamond BR. I'm at 700k now. So hopefully TMac will drop to a decent level below that once he releases.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »