Home

George Gervin Review and free badge slots

This is a discussion on George Gervin Review and free badge slots within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2016, 10:16 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
at least agree with me on this...should he at least have Steph layup animation? he should have every layup animation there is and he should have some better dribbling. he was the master of the layup/fingeroll.

He should definitely have his signature layup package in the game. He made the finger-roll famous. When ppl talk about sig moves in the NBA the iceman and the finger-roll is brought up.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:44 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: George Gervin Review and free badge slots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
He should definitely have his signature layup package in the game. He made the finger-roll famous. When ppl talk about sig moves in the NBA the iceman and the finger-roll is brought up.
exactly. he should have more layup animations than anyone because thats the majority of what his points came off of.

anyway...he cant get past anybody. he isnt quick and he has no good dribbles that I have found yet. played with him last night and today. he does have a good floater, but again...he lacks badges. shouldve came with Tear Dropper. and I'd hate to put Tear Dropper on him when he needs so much more. He doesnt have any dribbling badges. First of all, how does 95 overall rated players come with 10 badges?? There are silvers with more than that, and a lot of golds with twice that many. A 95 player should be able to make a serious impact on a game and take over at times. Gervin does not because he is very limited.

Badges he SHOULD have:

Deadeye
Dimer
Lob City Finisher
Unfazed
Hop Stepper
Spin Lay In
Tear Dropper
Hesitation Stunner
Killer Crossover
Spin Kingpin
Pet Move Size Up
Flashy Passer
One Man Fast Break
Transition Finisher

Look at all those layup and dribbling badges he didnt come with, not to mention passing...he has 84 accuracy and 92 IQ.

Here are some badges that they couldve added as well but I understand if they didnt...and I would recommend them.

Posterizer
King of Euros
Perimeter Lockdown
Master of In and Out
Behind the Back Pro
Stepback Freeze
Pick and Roll Maestro

at the very damn least Iceman should have every single layup badge in the game and most of the dribble badges and he doesnt have any of either category. smh. he doesnt even have Transition Finisher or One Man Fast Break, my goodness. They couldve just looked on YouTube and came up with some better **** than this.

Last edited by synistr; 03-02-2016 at 07:46 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:32 AM   #19
MVP

Quote:
exactly. he should have more layup animations than anyone because thats the majority of what his points came off of.

anyway...he cant get past anybody. he isnt quick and he has no good dribbles that I have found yet. played with him last night and today. he does have a good floater, but again...he lacks badges. shouldve came with Tear Dropper. and I'd hate to put Tear Dropper on him when he needs so much more. He doesnt have any dribbling badges. First of all, how does 95 overall rated players come with 10 badges?? There are silvers with more than that, and a lot of golds with twice that many. A 95 player should be able to make a serious impact on a game and take over at times. Gervin does not because he is very limited.

He's definitely lacking badges layup ones is a no brainier. I don't think they gave any non pg dribble badges so I understand that.

His very good at betting ppl of the dribble and creating his shot. For me he's deadly on iso plays and can take over games. Even tho he doesn't have euro/hop step badge he finishes those at a high clip.

He has the ability to put dribble combos together and he has a explosive 1s step. As you can in the video I posted in this tread. Betting ppl off the dribble and getting isn't an issue with. He has good quickness and ball control. Ball control is one of the most over look ratings. It dictate how fast you dribble and explode out of dribble moves. 84 ball control is pretty high for a wing player. With a shoe he get up to the elite level of 87. He can speed burst, out dribble combos.

Play around with his dribble moves in the freestyle. Once you get a feel for them you wont issues betting ppl off the dribble

XBL Scramz B
Old 03-02-2016, 10:24 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
He's definitely lacking badges layup ones is a no brainier. I don't think they gave any non pg dribble badges so I understand that.

His very good at betting ppl of the dribble and creating his shot. For me he's deadly on iso plays and can take over games. Even tho he doesn't have euro/hop step badge he finishes those at a high clip.

He has the ability to put dribble combos together and he has a explosive 1s step. As you can in the video I posted in this tread. Betting ppl off the dribble and getting isn't an issue with. He has good quickness and ball control. Ball control is one of the most over look ratings. It dictate how fast you dribble and explode out of dribble moves. 84 ball control is pretty high for a wing player. With a shoe he get up to the elite level of 87. He can speed burst, out dribble combos.

Play around with his dribble moves in the freestyle. Once you get a feel for them you wont issues betting ppl off the dribble

XBL Scramz B
I am sure I can get better with him with more practice....but when you say only PG's have dribble badges thats not true. They just ****ted on the Historic players.

LBJ, KD, Iggy, Truth, Dr. J, etc...are some SF's that have dribble badges.
there are even more SG's that have them, such as MJ, Wade, Harden, Pistol, T-Mac, J-Crossover, Lance, Sam Jones, etc...

then you have PF's who have some like Tom Chambers and Blake (behind the back).

Gervin is in the class or well above some of those guys in terms of off the bounce.

Most of the time if its not a current player or hugely popular historic, they get screwed on the badges. David Thompson doesn't have many badges either. How do they not put transition badges on these guys???

Last edited by synistr; 03-02-2016 at 10:28 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:06 AM   #21
MVP

Quote:
I am sure I can get better with him with more practice....but when you say only PG's have dribble badges thats not true. They just ****ted on the Historic players.

there are even more SG's that have them, such as MJ, Wade, Harden, Pistol, T-Mac, J-Crossover, Lance, Sam Jones, etc...

Gervin is in the class or well above some of those guys in terms of off the bounce.

Most of the time if its not a current player or hugely popular historic, they get screwed on the badges. David Thompson doesn't have many badges either. How do they not put transition badges on these guys???
Let's face it, AS Gervin is released as a 95 amethyst SF. It means that he is a BETTER overall amethyst than LBJ.

It makes no sense that one has 40 badges and the other can take up to 10.

There are some badges like Transition finisher or tear dropper etc, that they are fundamental for this player.

It is a shame that Gervin can not play better due to the missing badges and animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2016, 11:27 AM   #22
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Let's face it, AS Gervin is released as a 95 amethyst SF. It means that he is a BETTER overall amethyst than LBJ.

There are some badges like Transition finisher or tear dropper etc, that they are fundamental for this player.

It is a shame that Gervin can not play better due to the missing badges and animations.
Penny and ROTY MJ are both 88 overall and they by far out perform this card. The things Scramz mentioned about him off the dribble and first step, haven't been working for me because the defenders I have been playing against have been lockdown guys. He probably can out-match lesser defenders, I just don't see him doing it to good defenders. ISO ball is hard enough with weak defenders clinging to you like they are studs. The rebounding and playmaking attributes are what pushes this card to 95 overall. Depending on your play style, those two things may not help you as much.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:52 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:

My bad, I meant to say among historic players. Which is a very small list of wings that have dribble badges. Most of them don't even have sig size ups including PGs.

I know historic players get short ended when it comes to badges. Not debating that.

I disagree with you when you said he can't beat ppl off the dribble and create his own shots. The Iceman does have one of the best dribble animations package among all wing players tho. His crossover, BHB, and spin move creates space and separation which allows him to drive. Breaking ppl down off the dribble and creating shot for himself and others is one of his strengths.

XBL Scramz B

Last edited by Scramz718; 03-02-2016 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #24
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru

Hmm I don't know, OVR is a very shaky predictor of how good a player is. DR Draymond was already a better PF than 92 OVR AD when he was still an 85 OVR. It's all about key stats, badges, and animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »