Home

This Is A Serious Issue That Makes No Sense....

This is a discussion on This Is A Serious Issue That Makes No Sense.... within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2016, 10:49 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: This Is A Serious Issue That Makes No Sense....

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I believe it was intentional because they realized that people like me would bye 10 league pass every day with Mt and eventually have profit selling all content. Of course the intention doesn't mean they execute it correctly

Στάλθηκε από το C1905 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
I dont want to believe it is intentional. If it is, that is really cheap tactic. I still get good value from it though except for when I get the two contracts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-10-2016, 04:17 PM   #42
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
I think it was QNo that I was having discussion with about the difference between Amethyst Bird and Diamond Bird and he was saying that the higher the 3pt rating the wider the window for green release. In the case of Bird, this may be true...but I agree with you, but actually take it even farther to say in my experience, release animation is THE most important thing when it comes to outside shooting.

You can take some of these guys into practice or low difficulty mode like Gauntlet and you can easily see how some players animations trigger more greens than others.

Bob Cousy has one of the worst jumpshots in the game. I can NEVER get green release with him. The wide window theory kinda goes out the window when talking about Steph as well. Thats why I sold him. He has 99/99 3pt rating and he misses them way too much and although I get greens with him, I get just as many greens with other players that you wouldnt think, like TBT Deng. Crawford, J.R., are some high rated guys that have great releases. I get a lot of greens with lower rated shooters like Penny, even Bron and Amethyst Tony Parker. Anyone that has used Clyde should know, he has one of the easiest animations in the game point blank. He is one of the players I get the most green releases with, jumper and FT. He shoots both at a much higher rate than his stats suggest.
Use the same player with an 80 3pt rating and a 95. The 95 version will get way more greens. Animations still matter a lot, though.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:39 AM   #43
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
When comparing players one of the most important thing is, animations. DWill has a 85 3pt rating but he has one of the easiest shot releases in the game. He shoots better than his ratings suggest. He's not an elite diamond PG but he's better than Rose, CP3 and a lot of the other diamond PGs. Which none of them are as cheap as Russell. 300k for him is a bit crazy tho.

SN: idk why they haven't released historic packs yet. What they added about 25 historic cards. How many of them would be on the AH tho especially the bronze ones.
Totally agree. D Will always was a 2k favourite. He would be a solid PG IF he wouldnt have wildcard personality badge. His animations are indeed very good as in every 2k. He could be as underrated as Amy Melo without that wildcard badge.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 04-11-2016, 05:07 PM   #44
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
Use the same player with an 80 3pt rating and a 95. The 95 version will get way more greens. Animations still matter a lot, though.
I'm telling you, that's not definitive. It depends on who the player with the 80 rating is and who the one with the 95 is. If open, I get just as many greens with Penny as I do with Diamond Steph. Thats just one example, I have others. I used to could shoot really good with Steph when the game came out though...then it looks like they changed his shot. For the most part the players with the higher ratings do get the greens but some of them are horrible. Those ASG players though are money.....Barry, Rice, and Richmond barely miss when open and get a ton of greens.
Old 04-11-2016, 05:49 PM   #45
MVP

Quote:
I dont want to believe it is intentional. If it is, that is really cheap tactic. I still get good value from it though except for when I get the two contracts.
With the new price, at least on PC, the cheapest League Pass packs are a guaranteed profit-maker. On PC, even Bronze and Silver is pretty much guaranteed to sell for at least 1000 MT. A good number of rarer Bronzes can actually sell for multi-thousands, as can some Silvers.

Bronze Contracts can actually sell for the 250 MT minimum. And even if one doesn't sell them, if one applies them to a Diamond, then one has received a de facto 180 MT from the Contract, or 168 MT if applied to an Amethyst.

So even if you "only" get a Bronze Player, 2 x Bronze Contracts, and, say, one crappy Coach and one crappy Court, then one is at least getting:

- 910 for the Bronze Player (after 10% vig)
- 336 by applying Contracts to an Amethyst
- 25 x 2 for the quick selling the two other cards

So 1296 MT, which is more than what they cost. And that's the lowest amount one can get from a pack. One will typically get more.

From what I understand, it's much different on Console, where Bronze will go for well under 1000.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2016, 07:09 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
With the new price, at least on PC, the cheapest League Pass packs are a guaranteed profit-maker. On PC, even Bronze and Silver is pretty much guaranteed to sell for at least 1000 MT. A good number of rarer Bronzes can actually sell for multi-thousands, as can some Silvers.

Bronze Contracts can actually sell for the 250 MT minimum. And even if one doesn't sell them, if one applies them to a Diamond, then one has received a de facto 180 MT from the Contract, or 168 MT if applied to an Amethyst.

So even if you "only" get a Bronze Player, 2 x Bronze Contracts, and, say, one crappy Coach and one crappy Court, then one is at least getting:

- 910 for the Bronze Player (after 10% vig)
- 336 by applying Contracts to an Amethyst
- 25 x 2 for the quick selling the two other cards

So 1296 MT, which is more than what they cost. And that's the lowest amount one can get from a pack. One will typically get more.

From what I understand, it's much different on Console, where Bronze will go for well under 1000.
usually all my bronze go for 850 on console and that aint bad, except when market crashes then there are too many of them available.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:29 PM   #47
QNo
MVP

Quote:
I'm telling you, that's not definitive. It depends on who the player with the 80 rating is and who the one with the 95 is. If open, I get just as many greens with Penny as I do with Diamond Steph. Thats just one example, I have others. I used to could shoot really good with Steph when the game came out though...then it looks like they changed his shot. For the most part the players with the higher ratings do get the greens but some of them are horrible. Those ASG players though are money.....Barry, Rice, and Richmond barely miss when open and get a ton of greens.
That's why I said 'the same player', e.g. Amy and BM Bird.
Old 04-11-2016, 07:31 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QNo
That's why I said 'the same player', e.g. Amy and BM Bird.
oh yeah, thats definitely true with same player. didnt catch when you said that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »