Home

Cheesing and the RTTP community.

This is a discussion on Cheesing and the RTTP community. within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2016, 12:16 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Cheesing and the RTTP community.

Sorry that you're a Drake fan. I'll pray for you.

.ride the spiral.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 12:38 PM   #26
MVP

OMG my question poured fuel to the fire...
Old 04-09-2016, 02:07 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
OMG my question poured fuel to the fire...

Don't worry I won't entertain that.
Old 04-09-2016, 02:37 PM   #28
Pro

Lolololol. The Drake offense. Not OFF ence. Uh FENCE.

Fyi packs are lit AF.
Dropped 50k. Amys galore. Moments KAT, MVP Rose, MVP KD, Gilmore, 2 gold PG13 and 4 gold Klays. Moments and MVP packs.

.ride the spiral.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:06 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Lol no man. You've read wrong. First I have no issue whatsoever. I have won seed 1 multiple times in a row using those manual cuts all game long.

Secondly NO, this is not an actual tactic in basketball. Maybe to one player yes, but playing 4 people on deny NEVER happens. Defense would not have ANY help defense and would be killed in each offense, let alone playing it all game. If you have a video though with a team playing deny 4 players for full game you may share it

Thirdly I never said I call it cheese. I only said it is boring since almost EVERY team I face use the same tactic which limits MY style of offense.

Has nothing to do with if I win ( I do cause playing deny to everyone is pretty automatic win for me and my manual cuts).

I just said it is boring that I have to do this over and over, game after game.

So are you saying you have not seen a basketball team play full court/ half court man to man pressure defense for a full game before ?

I have seen it done plenty of times in amateur levels but clearly not in the pros do the difference in skill levels and athleticism.

Ok, so with that being said in irl when playing pressure defense. you are suppose to Deny the passing lane when the ball is one man away. And you are suppose to smother the ball handler also to force them to pick up their dribble or force a pass. So their will always be help defense available from players who's man are 2 man away from the ball.

Now in 2k it self, i am aware u can beat it and you think it's boring. kudos to u

I just felt like stating my opinion on a basketball strategy it self and people in general stating it was cheese. i apologize if you felt i was targeting you.
Old 04-09-2016, 03:09 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
About that, I am not into rap ( I am from Greece) but I don't get it.

There are just SO many courts and logos with Drake. The 6, the prayer, the owl.

Why is that?

Cause most of these guys are kids who lack originality and are what you call a "hype beast" although I do enjoy rap I wouldn't call drake a rapper anymore his music is especially "poppy" as of late but if that what's makes the money gotta do what u gotta do... Anyway point is he is hot right now and most people who play this game don't actually know basket ball so they jump on what they think is cool and they recognize
Old 04-09-2016, 03:10 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
"That's on you". Lmao. Sounds like words from a smother/deny offballer.

It IS indeed a tactic irl. I'd like to see a 5man team run it for 48 mins and not have one guy leave on a stretcher.

Run it in 2k. I don't really care. My "cheesyyyy" should have read "cheesish" because I really don't find a whole lot wrong with it, unless user is camping with a big and not doing the work. Its corny. Cheesy. Skilless. Lazy. Offball defense is my #1 gripe. If I wanted to play a game against cpu, I'd load up domination.

I really think diamonds shouldn't be accessible to anyone that doesn't have even the most basic understanding of offensive strategy. And turbo full court with your 99 contact dunk point guard is not a strategy. Just as playing offball defense is not a defensive strategy.

My favorite is when someone is camping with a big. Then I pass to said big. User switches to wing defender. I kick out. Lol. REALLY?! The amount of time and effort you've spent perfecting your no-skill strategy could've been used to actually learn what that round orange thing is that you are throwing around.

Achievement...****n 10 successful offensive plays in one game.
Reward....access to diamond cards.

.ride the spiral.

Yeah, i play on ball defense
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2016, 03:11 PM   #32
MVP

This is not what deny in basketball. Deny is when you play stuck to your man regardless if he is in the strong or weak side. Doing this for 4 players is not a valid basketball tactic irl and has nothing to do with full court pressure

Στάλθηκε από το C1905 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »