Home

There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you like"

This is a discussion on There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you like" within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #1
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

OVR: 0
There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you like"

The 3 Gold seeds are so much more fun in RTTP because people have to strategically choose their players and craft a team that mostly has to win by playing actual basketball; the way seed restrictions jump up from 3 Gold to Amethyst and Diamond cheesefest is stupid.

Why isn't there another tier of something like 4 Gold and 1 Amethyst etc? I'm playing in the 3rd seed now and you just end up playing against the same players over and over again, all with maximum attributes and people just sprint up court and throw ridiculous passes, contested shots that go in, blah blah.

I found that there was a lot more strategy and fun/skillful games in the gold seeds and below; I've won 3 games in a row but they were tedious as hell as they were just trying to stop my opponent from abusing the fast break over and over again, not exactly fun.

Or, they could make each seed capped by maximum average team rating, e.g 8th seed 70 overall, 7th seed 72 overall, 6th seed 75 overall, 5th 77, 4th 80, etc etc. That way you would have to prioritise depth or having a single star and rounding out the skill sets of your team instead of "every player on my team can do everything" which gets real old, real fast IMO.

Thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 11:21 AM   #2
Rookie

Craxior's Arena

Re: There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you l

Never going to happen, people have been asking for more restrictions in terms of lineups since the first My Team version and the mode has been the same every single year, makes them much more money that way too. I mean they can't even do restricted tournaments, they were the best and most fun imo, shows you how much they care.
Old 04-12-2016, 11:45 AM   #3
MVP

Re: There needs to be a tier of RTTP between "3 Golds" and "As many Diamonds as you l

I wish there was a total ladder with restrictions up to seed1. Example max 1 diamond/2 amethysts/3-4 golds etc.

But this NEVER going to happen.

2k wins profit from opening packs. By forcig you play full diamond squads (and even when sometimes you play better eventually lose) it provokes you to buy another pack to even up the odds etc.
Old 04-12-2016, 12:53 PM   #4
Rookie

There will be eventually, but who knows. They make little additions at a time, if they make them all at once there wouldn't be anything to look at for the next year for the casual gamer. I think eventually we will reach a pinnacle where there is a whole different mode from RTTP with an overall restriction.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #5
MVP

2k just doesnt want to put forth the effort. thats all it is to it. They introduced overall team rating this year but didnt put them in RTTP. To me, I dont even think you should have tier restrictions. If you have OVR, why not just do that....period? If a person wants to play with one Diamond and the rest bronze, so be it. If they want to play with 2 amethysts and 1 silver, let em have at it. Just keep going up in restrictions, from 70 on up to 99.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-12-2016, 02:01 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
2k just doesnt want to put forth the effort. thats all it is to it. They introduced overall team rating this year but didnt put them in RTTP. To me, I dont even think you should have tier restrictions. If you have OVR, why not just do that....period? If a person wants to play with one Diamond and the rest bronze, so be it. If they want to play with 2 amethysts and 1 silver, let em have at it. Just keep going up in restrictions, from 70 on up to 99.
Yeah but eventually you will see people abusing it with 3 diamonds 2 amethysts playing 20 minutes per game and 7 scrubs that will get 1-2 mins max.

The lowest bronze player will eventually be one of the most expensive player in the AH
Old 04-12-2016, 02:12 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
Yeah but eventually you will see people abusing it with 3 diamonds 2 amethysts playing 20 minutes per game and 7 scrubs that will get 1-2 mins max.

The lowest bronze player will eventually be one of the most expensive player in the AH
your first point is a separate issue that 2k needs to address in regards to stamina. thats 2k's fault.

your second point is also 2k's fault. they shouldnt be making bronze players so rare to begin with. in order for OVR restriction to work you cant have more Bill Russell and Bob Cousy pulls than Willie McCarter or Darko Milicic...which is certainly the case right now.
Old 04-12-2016, 02:18 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by synistr
your first point is a separate issue that 2k needs to address in regards to stamina. thats 2k's fault.

your second point is also 2k's fault. they shouldnt be making bronze players so rare to begin with. in order for OVR restriction to work you cant have more Bill Russell and Bob Cousy pulls than Willie McCarter or Darko Milicic...which is certainly the case right now.
But it's not only about Milicic. A James Nunnaly willl appera in EVERY line-up cause it will drive your overall lower and therefore will be a much wanted card

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »