Home

"Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam

This is a discussion on "Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2016, 07:58 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: "Dynamic Duos" Buff in MyTeam

Kidd Kuda has a pretty informative video on MyTeam and it is sounding promising. Here's some info from the video:

- Collection rewards: no longer team balls, complete current collections for sapphire players and historic collections for diamond players.

- MyTeam Blacktop: replacing Gauntlet, no longer a reward board but a spinning roulette. You can earn points to unlock better roulette that has pink diamond players. Also technical fouls on the roulette that reset the board.

- Badge Tiers: Now there's also amethyst badges.

- Dynamic Duos: Can be relationship, team, international relations. Apparently Embiid and Blake are a dynamic duo for missing their rookie season.

- Domination: Finishing domination will let you choose a reward player, so possibly all 5 positions and you choose which player you want for your team.

A lot of good info in the video, just these are what I remember atm.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:34 PM   #10
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Dynamic Duos: Can be relationship, team, international relations. Apparently Embiid and Blake are a dynamic duo for missing their rookie season.
Sounds a little cool, and sounds a little lame. Lame because having Embiid and Blake have extra chemistry for missing their rookie season stupidly arbitrary.

But cool that it's not just team affiliation. I.e. the Gasol brothers should have extra chemistry. Or Delly and Bogut. Along with Curry and Klay / Dray.

My guess is that this is going to be wildly inconsistent. They had so many data entry sort of errors in 2K16, they're sure to have certain chemistry buffs due to certain criteria that is far from consistently or thoroughly applied.

We'll see.
Old 08-31-2016, 09:58 PM   #11
Pro

I already know I will be running Cory Joseph and Tristan Thompson as my dynamic duo in the early seeds.

Same highschool, college, and Canada junior and senior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2016, 10:25 PM   #12
Pro

Hope the rebounding will be good as advertised. I would love to have Rodman and Lambeer as a dynamic duo.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:46 PM   #13
MVP

So I watched one of the Youtuber preview vids and, apparently, the way Dynamic Duos will work is that Player A will have Player B as his Dynamic Duo counterpart...but Player B may/will not have Player A as his counterpart...will, instead, have Player C.

So, for example, Joel Embiid's Dynamic Duo is Blake Griffin, but Blake's is CP3, and CP3's is LeBron. (Just making this up, outside of Blake being Embiid's.)

I.e. Curry (same team> Klay (childhood friendship> Kevin Love (college teammate> Russell Westbrook (dance partner> Cameron Payne

Will be interesting to see how this affects team building. I'm expecting that the best possible lineup to take advantage of buffing "chains" will be a popular topic for examination.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:31 AM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
So I watched one of the Youtuber preview vids and, apparently, the way Dynamic Duos will work is that Player A will have Player B as his Dynamic Duo counterpart...but Player B may/will not have Player A as his counterpart...will, instead, have Player C.

So, for example, Joel Embiid's Dynamic Duo is Blake Griffin, but Blake's is CP3, and CP3's is LeBron. (Just making this up, outside of Blake being Embiid's.)

I.e. Curry (same team> Klay (childhood friendship> Kevin Love (college teammate> Russell Westbrook (dance partner> Cameron Payne

Will be interesting to see how this affects team building. I'm expecting that the best possible lineup to take advantage of buffing "chains" will be a popular topic for examination.
Nah they said only one dynamic duo perk will be on to balance the game. They just saying blake has more dynamic duo combos than embiid as an example. So you can combine him with embiid or choose to combine him with cp3.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:42 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tt500
Nah they said only one dynamic duo perk will be on to balance the game. They just saying blake has more dynamic duo combos than embiid as an example. So you can combine him with embiid or choose to combine him with cp3.
How would that work, to limit the buff to affect only 1 pair of players?

Let's say you have Embiid, Blake, and CP3 (and CP3 is a duo partner for Blake), then how would the game determine which two players get the buff?

That would need to involve either:

1. Some sort of menu in which the player can choose which duo will get the buff.

2. Some sort of "algorithm" to determine, by default, who gets buffs if there are more than 2 Dynamic Duo relationships present: i.e. the two players with the highest/lowest OVR get the buff.

I don't think either seems likely. The only thing that makes sense to me is that, any player will receive a buff if his (or one of his) Dynamic Duo parter is on the court, on his team, at the same time.

So I think that it would be possible to have all 5 players buffed. For example:

Embiid > Blake > CP3 > Lebron > Wade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
How would that work, to limit the buff to affect only 1 pair of players?

Let's say you have Embiid, Blake, and CP3 (and CP3 is a duo partner for Blake), then how would the game determine which two players get the buff?

That would need to involve either:

1. Some sort of menu in which the player can choose which duo will get the buff.

2. Some sort of "algorithm" to determine, by default, who gets buffs if there are more than 2 Dynamic Duo relationships present: i.e. the two players with the highest/lowest OVR get the buff.

I don't think either seems likely. The only thing that makes sense to me is that, any player will receive a buff if his (or one of his) Dynamic Duo parter is on the court, on his team, at the same time.

So I think that it would be possible to have all 5 players buffed. For example:

Embiid > Blake > CP3 > Lebron > Wade
Well in kidd kuda vid he did mention the dev said you can only activate one duo to boost. The option probally appears when you got a dynamic duo.

Hope the boosts for duos are different though, instead of generic overall boosts for everyone. Like splash bros would get 3pt boost and a duo like cp3 and blake get passing and dunk boosts.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »