Home

Domination - Roadblocks (Teams to look out for and how to beat them))

This is a discussion on Domination - Roadblocks (Teams to look out for and how to beat them)) within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2016, 06:46 AM   #65
Rookie

Matt_1979's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Domination - Roadblocks (Teams to look out for and how to beat them))

FINALLY beat the Jazz!! After around 8 attempts which included losses to buzzer beaters and in overtime.

Not sure why I had so much trouble with them (aside from Hayward never missing and folks like Hood hitting contested fadeway 3's off the dribble...)

Beat the Suns by around 20 point the following game.

Current line up is:

Curry / Lilliard / Rose
Historic Korver / McCollum
Parsons / Melo / Singler
Horry / Bosh / Favours
Gobert / Lopez / Paul Gasol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2016, 01:23 PM   #66
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
Did you see my posts in this thread about cheesing on the CPU with oversized players at PG? LBJ and Harden at PG?

Sounds like you're already capable of winning easily so issue is MT. And specific issue is Free Throws. With Edwards, try pump-faking a bit in the paint and, if/when defender bites and jumps to block/contest, put up a leaner shot and you'll often get fouls. Basically...you're not so much trying to get the basket as you are trying to create contact.

I also find that Harden gets tons of fouls just driving to the rim. See my other posts and make sure you exploit every moment that they have Stockton at PG, instead of Magic.

And, also, if you have a small lead in the final 30-45 seconds, then FTA are trivial because they intentionally foul you. So, potentially, if you find it easy to win, but not get MT but getting the FT bonus puts you over, you can let them get within spitting distance (i.e. 4 or 5 points) and they'll foul you.
1. Do you recommend a specific offense?

2. Should I be changing any of my defensive settings? I've played around a bit with SamPhams settings. The only thing I need to stop is paint points, as this squad doesn't shoot a ton of 3s.

Just ran Harden at point. Did a little better. But this is the first I've used him, so I missed a few shots. But his speed and strength are nice. Just wish wasn't a bum on D.

Also, if I'm trying to abuse Stockton, what's a solid plan for when Magic is at PG?

Completely unrelated....does a playbook affect the behavior of players when plays are not called? Basically...if I'm not calling plays, does playbook matter? Or should I go with coach settings to auto-run plays? Playbooks are the one thing I never nailed in 2k. But syn helped me set up the Wiz set for 2k16.
Old 10-05-2016, 06:21 PM   #67
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
1. Do you recommend a specific offense?
Not necessarily. One can go with 5-out to get everyone on the perimeter, but if you call for Quick ISO for your guard posting up, then everyone will make space anyway.

But if you mean in general...I think if the heart of what you do is high P&R then 5-out or a 4-out makes the most sense. A 4-out if you want your Center trying to establish post position.

Quote:
2. Should I be changing any of my defensive settings? I've played around a bit with SamPhams settings. The only thing I need to stop is paint points, as this squad doesn't shoot a ton of 3s.
Then you definitely should be looking at stiffer D in your Center. Lanier or Walton before Edwards. And, actually, DeAndre is a better defender than all three of them.

Quote:
Just ran Harden at point. Did a little better. But this is the first I've used him, so I missed a few shots. But his speed and strength are nice. Just wish wasn't a bum on D.
Like I said, I play him with 4 legit stoppers at the other positions. And so his D is actually not an issue. Or, at least, his offense is so prolific, his +/- stat line shows that he's a massive net plus.

Quote:
Also, if I'm trying to abuse Stockton, what's a solid plan for when Magic is at PG?
I dunno...ball movement...plays...an offense with a lot of off-ball movement and screening. Maybe posting up with Cousins or Edwards, though I'm sure all the Centers are great ones. Maybe they use slow PF's? That could potentially be targeted if you run a stretch 4 and run 4-5 P&R with 1-3 camping on the perimeter.

Quote:
Completely unrelated....does a playbook affect the behavior of players when plays are not called?
I don't think so. I think Coach does, but Playbook does not.
Old 10-05-2016, 08:56 PM   #68
Pro

Thanks man. Finally got it. Took Lucas for a reward. I have no interest in this game for at least 24hrs. Lolol

I basically ran the LBJ/Beard at point and abused the hell out of Stock and AI. When magic was in, I'd sub Curry in and knock a couple 3s down.

I absolutely love Josh Smith at the 4, but his FTs are horrendous.

I'll probably be trying to level up in blacktop next.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:12 AM   #69
Rookie

didak7's Arena

Just scored 1405MT in a double OT game 93-82 against the Wizards. Using a side mostly filled with silvers they were a tough opp. Gortat went 21 and 16 whilst Curry had 18 and 13.

Look out for Wall the guy is a beast and Bradley Beal gave Harden a bath on offense.
Old 10-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #70
Rookie

dking30's Arena

Watch out for Utah. Barely beat them late in the 4th. KD came up clutch.
Old 10-11-2016, 02:37 AM   #71
MVP

P234thetruth's Arena

Is the end of historic a lot harder than the end of regular domination? The last team took me a couple tries but overall domination wasn't that hard, not as hard as last year. I'm now starting historic beat the Mavs pretty handily.

Last edited by P234thetruth; 10-11-2016 at 02:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2016, 10:34 AM   #72
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OK finally I face Magic Johnson. So 4 games remaining. I keep my hopes high that I manage to pull at least one ruby out of the allstar games. I've heard people having no luck at all, but I also see these ruby historics selling for 100k. I would appreciate that MT boost for this grind haha

all in all I haven't had problems facing these teams. had to re-play the Rockets because they got nasty with Yao and T-Mac, but that's about it. since I run SamPhams Defensive settings this game got really easy and I honestly bore myself most of the time playing CPU. My MT record was 1460 against 06 Heat.

Looking forward to put that Diamond Parker in the PG slot now

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »