Home

Stack team how?

This is a discussion on Stack team how? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-12-2016, 11:19 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 0
Stack team how?

I'm in the Amethyst league and now starting to lose games since everyone having the most stack teams possible lol, not even losing because they better than me, just the over powering my team due to them jjst having better players than me. Long story short mt offering sites not that good and sure everyone can't be having lottery luck on packs, how everyone having 5 plus ruby on they team?, this is getting ridiculous, seeing dudes 12th man being shaq.

Last edited by KyrieAbuser; 10-12-2016 at 11:24 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Re: Stack team how?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyrieAbuser
I'm in the Amethyst league and now starting to lose games since everyone having the most stack teams possible lol, not even losing because they better than me, just the over powering my team due to them jjst having better players than me. Long story short mt offering sites not that good and sure everyone can't be having lottery luck on packs, how everyone having 5 plus ruby on they team?, this is getting ridiculous, seeing dudes 12th man being shaq.
No equalizer this year? I heard its still there, try to lower your team OVR
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 10-12-2016, 01:03 PM   #3
MVP

it's called money haha lots of it! but you still need to be good at the game! Honestly Ruby's aren't even any better than the dynamic duos. You can compete with emeralds, a team like Curry/Wall/Klay/A.Davis/Cousins can compete with just about anyone. I have a great team and I lose to better players with worse teams all the time. I just stopped caring about my W/L and am focusing on improving my game. I love facing great players and teams because it's an opportunity to learn and get better.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:25 PM   #4
Pro

Yeah I feel you maybe I need to change my gameplan when facing those teams, it's like when I play top teams my team becomes dumb, not getting back on defense then they PF/C get easy dunks or when I hold L2 when they drive for some reason it force me to strip ball even though I'm only holding L2 and give them free throws.

Like my team decent, but sometimes I lose to Bs lately due to these better teams I'm facing. Here's my line up

Wall/ Lilard
Emerald J.R smith/ C.J McCollum
Sapphire Eddie jones/ Mcgrady
Emerald Beasley/Robert Horry
Cousins/ whiteside
Old 10-12-2016, 02:04 PM   #5
QNo
MVP

Quote:
Yeah I feel you maybe I need to change my gameplan when facing those teams, it's like when I play top teams my team becomes dumb, not getting back on defense then they PF/C get easy dunks or when I hold L2 when they drive for some reason it force me to strip ball even though I'm only holding L2 and give them free throws.

Like my team decent, but sometimes I lose to Bs lately due to these better teams I'm facing. Here's my line up

Wall/ Lilard
Emerald J.R smith/ C.J McCollum
Sapphire Eddie jones/ Mcgrady
Emerald Beasley/Robert Horry
Cousins/ whiteside
Your starting lineup has 2 decent and 3 bad defenders. Your bench has 1 good and 4 bad defenders. I know that Boogie needs a great defender next to him, and I'd want at least one lockdown guy on the perimeter, too. Wall/Jones/Kawhi/AD/Boogie would be a much better starting 5, for example.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2016, 02:26 PM   #6
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
how everyone having 5 plus ruby on they team?

so concerning your question, yes either you spend money directly on lots of VC/MT or you just learn to play the market. a mix of both will be the answer for your question I guess. the chinese farmers don't have a magic stick which they wave and *puff* there is a million MT. nope , they just sit there all day long, every refresh...one division going for badges, the other for players, the others for jerseys........ and so on. so yeah, what you need most is time and probably a good business plan
Old 10-12-2016, 02:35 PM   #7
MVP

I've tried playing the market, but it's really boring and can be quite frustrating. I tried to buy out all of one badge under 2.5k and then re-sell them for 2.5k haha it didn't work at all, took like a 15k loss on that one. I got a Ruby Mugsy from the Historic dominations rewards before the hornets packs came out and it sold for 100k now he's worth like 20k.

There is definately MT to be made on the market but you need a good strategy. I prefer just buying lots of VC then quickly paying off my credit card and pretending it never happened haha

On a side note running a ton of Rubies/Amys/Diamonds is kind of counter productive as you'll be spending more MT on contracts than you'll be making per game. I still run emeralds and sometimes even a gold or two just to keep my expenses down. I use all my contract cards on Francis and my Diamonds and just buy contracts for the rest

Last edited by Foldzy; 10-12-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:56 PM   #8
MVP

justlaze's Arena

I'm not so worried about the cost of contracts...made 140.000 from sunday to this morning, so getting those gold contracts for 250-350 each is not a big issue for me

anyway it is way more expensive buying contracts for players in the lineup menu then just sneak some gold contracts...

Last edited by justlaze; 10-12-2016 at 03:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »