Home

My team moments cards discussion

This is a discussion on My team moments cards discussion within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2016, 12:17 PM   #1
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

OVR: 0
My team moments cards discussion

how do you feel about today and future moment cards.

we got 5 moments todays

Kawhi at a 85 (career high)
Dame at a 84 (39 points)
love at a 82 (23 points, 12 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists, 1 ring )
joe johnson at a 79(27 points in 2nd half)
Jonathon simmons 75 (career high, blocked curry, murdered Mcgee lol)

just fine?
upset?

Last edited by Ownal0t; 10-26-2016 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 12:26 PM   #2
Pro

Re: My team moments cards discussion

I think Damian should at least be a ruby(which isn't outrageous or anything). So those are a bit meh but anything on how much they are(VC per pack or box)?
Old 10-26-2016, 12:27 PM   #3
Pro

Not saying 39 points or 35points deserve diamonds but I'm tired of time giving us trash content just to say they giving us stuff, in all reality this 85 kawhi is a gold from last year, Kevin love shot bad but got a card for what!.

And I just check Kawhi ratings and it's nothing that's much different from his emerald, only stand out is that he have a 83 3pt rating, now they created a card that would cost 50k with very little improvement. The way they gone about releasing cards, ratings and such is the worst I ever seen it, putting out trash to just release 8 versions of one player to milk people out they money.

Last edited by KyrieAbuser; 10-26-2016 at 12:30 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:32 PM   #4
Rookie

Are these cards coming out in the league packs?
Old 10-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #5
Pro

Bi00's Arena

I'm liking the ratings a lot on these moments. And overall, I love how card ratings are handled this year.

I don't try to compare this year's cards to last year because everyone is dealing with the same card pool. We aren't playing online against players with last year's cards. The new ratings are keeping the mode interesting and the auction market stable so far.

A flaw I see is that the rewards cards are vastly superior to pullable cards right now. That lowers the value of new content for those who are playing this mode a lot right now. But I see that as a positive compared to last year's rewards and as a sign of good faith towards the non-VC grinders.

Overall, this year has been knocking it out of the park it terms of card ratings. Makes me almost forget about the diamond Scola from 2k16.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-26-2016, 12:42 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
I'm liking the ratings a lot on these moments. And overall, I love how card ratings are handled this year.

I don't try to compare this year's cards to last year because everyone is dealing with the same card pool. We aren't playing online against players with last year's cards. The new ratings are keeping the mode interesting and the auction market stable so far.

A flaw I see is that the rewards cards are vastly superior to pullable cards right now. That lowers the value of new content for those who are playing this mode a lot right now. But I see that as a positive compared to last year's rewards and as a sign of good faith towards the non-VC grinders.

Overall, this year has been knocking it out of the park it terms of card ratings. Makes me almost forget about the diamond Scola from 2k16.
Agreed, nerfed rating cards are important to keep competitive balance and to keep the balance of the market in line. If they all of a sudden started tossing out ruby or amethyst players it would completely upend the economy
Old 10-26-2016, 12:55 PM   #7
MVP

justlaze's Arena

totally agree on the nerfs aswell. this whole thing is a building process and it's just perfect the way it is. do you remember all the FBF cards coming out last year but no one would even think of using them because their were WAY better cards already released? that was the perfect example of how not do manage this mode! the cards being released now have value and this is how it should be. Do you think this would be possible, if they'd be throwing 90+ OVR at us right from the beginning?

In addition really good players who beat MTO or BlackTop get rewards which will be better for a longer period. Same counts for collectors who put a lot of effort in this game. How frustrating was it getting that Ewing and in no time he wasn't even comparable to pack releases?!

Well, guess regular players will still complain, but I say:

Thank god they have a new guy running MyTeam!

Last edited by justlaze; 10-26-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 17

They're handling ratings all wrong! I don't have a problem with the overall but can they at least give the ratings relevant to their performance. Kawhi went 0 of 3 from 3 pt range and got a plus 3 to his 3 pt rating. He got 5 steals and but his stl rating was untouched. What's the point of moments card if they aren't going to rate this cards off of their performances.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »