Home

You're making a big mistake if you don't get Amethyst Magic Johnson

This is a discussion on You're making a big mistake if you don't get Amethyst Magic Johnson within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-28-2016, 01:35 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: You're making a big mistake if you don't get Amethyst Magic Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi00
I like the card so much that I bought 15!
Event card 2. If its anything like Ruby Rip, youre screwed. Rip has been a consistent 25k-30k since drop. You may have just wasted 600k.

I hope for your sake that Im wrong.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2016, 01:58 PM   #66
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsYouSwish
I would be a little worried about it because a lot of people can get Amethyst Kevin Johnson from the Weekly Challenge Rewards starting Friday. I personally would stick with Magic but I can see an argument of taking a free KJ over a 50k Magic.
It's not an either/or for most people. If someone is really happy with the KJ, they're not spending big MT on Magic.
Old 11-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #67
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offballer4life
Event card 2. If its anything like Ruby Rip, youre screwed. Rip has been a consistent 25k-30k since drop. You may have just wasted 600k.

I hope for your sake that Im wrong.
Rip was down to sub 20k during his peak. Surprisingly, the lowest time to buy him was a couple of days after he was out of packs which is probably the same case for Magic. I think people were panic-selling assuming the price was tanking. So today may be a great time to snipe a cheap Magic.

Also, if Magic somehow lose value in one month, I will eat my shoe. 6'9 amy PG named Magic Johnson that is out of packs.

Edit: PSN prices.

Last edited by Bi00; 11-28-2016 at 03:10 PM.
Old 11-28-2016, 08:13 PM   #68
Rookie

With a backcourt of Magic, Cooper, and either Battier or Kawhi at SF. You can have Magic guard the SF (on defense)and put Cooper on the PG. Plus put bruiser on your wings to wear down turbo cheese, and switch on everything.
Old 11-29-2016, 02:00 PM   #69
Banned

Just TOOK over this game at the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #70
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexxon11
With a backcourt of Magic, Cooper, and either Battier or Kawhi at SF. You can have Magic guard the SF (on defense)and put Cooper on the PG. Plus put bruiser on your wings to wear down turbo cheese, and switch on everything.
I just played a guy who was primarily using Curry. Wasn't a very good player but, still, he had a really rough time dealing with Magic Extending Pressure on Curry and ended up mostly inbounding to his 2-guard. Think Curry ended up shooting 2-4, with defending him split between Magic and MRR.
Old 11-29-2016, 08:35 PM   #71
MVP

there's so many good players out now you can build a team however you want. Magic is great because he so versatile, that being said he wasn't really fitting in on my squad so I cut him, I liked Thompson, Francis, Kobe and AI all better at PG. Thompson can play solid D against anyone you throw out there.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2016, 12:56 PM   #72
Rookie

billiethetree's Arena

Snagged Magic last night on the AH, he is amazing. I love playing with him because so many MTO players are obsessed with outside shooting that they have no interest in playing a player like Magic, even though he is super easy to use. I had just started 0-1 in the Amethyst league before I got him and then proceeded to advance on 8 straight wins (grr, that 8-1). I've never really used flashy passes before, but Magic gets so many assists that way.

I was worried about demoting Tony Parker to the bench because I worked so hard to get him and a lot of my strategy was built around him offensively, but somehow he's actually been playing even better as my 6th man. Magic comes in and dominates their starter, usually Curry and Westbrook (neither of whom have a chance to contain him) and then they have to completely reorient their defense to deal with Parker's game.

A word of warning though to anyone considering picking up Magic, do NOT give him Posterizer. I had one badge slot left, couldn't decide what final badge to give him since he comes with so many. Decided I couldn't go wrong with a posterizer badge. Wrong. Magic does not dunk, ever. Dunno what it is about his tendencies or if he's just missing animation, but I still have yet to dunk with him in game. For some players that might be a turnoff, but it really doesn't matter because Magic's layups are so OP that it may as well be a dunk. But just word to the wise, save that badge slot.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »