Home

MyTeam Blacktop fixes

This is a discussion on MyTeam Blacktop fixes within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-12-2016, 08:23 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: MyTeam Blacktop fixes

One has to approach defense in Blacktop as something like playing a Real-Time Strategy game. You jump around and control everyone at different times to correct this, do that, etc. Only way to defend PnR well, consistently, is to control all three players at certain points during the action.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 08:50 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
One has to approach defense in Blacktop as something like playing a Real-Time Strategy game. You jump around and control everyone at different times to correct this, do that, etc. Only way to defend PnR well, consistently, is to control all three players at certain points during the action.
Yeah i am starting to figure that out. My main challenge is that often when you switch players and you want them to go THIS WAY, they were in the process of going THAT WAY, and their momentum makes it very hard to correct. You really have to switch pretty far ahead of time, anticipating what your opponent is doing well before they start doing it.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:08 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Yeah i am starting to figure that out. My main challenge is that often when you switch players and you want them to go THIS WAY, they were in the process of going THAT WAY, and their momentum makes it very hard to correct. You really have to switch pretty far ahead of time, anticipating what your opponent is doing well before they start doing it.
Yes, that's something to overcome. And, also, with lag, I find it hard to do stuff like get a guy over a screen without overshooting the ballhandler in the process. Or take the big and hedge, and then recover back to the roll man without overshooting him. That sort of thing.

Just the nature of the beast.
Old 12-13-2016, 02:39 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

It may be considered cheesy but if I see a game that is going my opponents way and I have a poor team I just back off their best shooter and let them shoot to get it over with quicker and get to the next game. Not the way I prefer to play but it seems smarter than spending 15 minutes to get a loss anyway. What do you guys say cheesy or smart?
Old 12-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #29
Pro

OVR: 1

So I've made it to Level 8 so far. Best player I've pulled is a silver I think (maybe a crap gold). There's the end-of-level rewards and got a Emerald Lillard for that at one point. I'd say half the cards are technicals at this point. Is this normal?
Old 12-13-2016, 06:01 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
So I've made it to Level 8 so far. Best player I've pulled is a silver I think (maybe a crap gold). There's the end-of-level rewards and got a Emerald Lillard for that at one point. I'd say half the cards are technicals at this point. Is this normal?
Yeah. Think I had something like 600-700 wins and the best pulls I got were Ruby Mo Williams and Sapphire USA Durant (and no other USA cards). Don't feel like playing another 600 games to get / have a chance at getting PD Isaiah.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:49 AM   #31
Rookie

TheHennessyWilliams's Arena

i just play blacktop to get mt.. the grind is real.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2016, 09:39 AM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 4

Don't you just love it when you finish level 10 and your "reward" card is a useless bronze? It's so obvious they nerfed the rewards this year to push people towards VC. Last years gauntlet would give lots of useful badges but I have gotten very few good rewards this year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »