Home

Brag Thread: What have you accomplished?

This is a discussion on Brag Thread: What have you accomplished? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2017, 01:33 PM   #33
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Brag Thread: What have you accomplished?

Might be the best record I've had in any head to head online mode in 2K. Plus my team isn't really that OP. I also ended a 27 game win streak a couple weeks ago. I don't think I'll hit 100 losses this year.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:08 PM   #34
Pro

anditbeg1ns's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickstank
Wow, that's an incredible run! Congrats! What clicked or changed that made you so dominant? I'm struggling in my first run through Ruby right now and I'm looking for ideas!
These are some of the things that worked for me, I'm sure others rely on different methods to help them get better at the game.

1. Badging is super important, I noticed a huge difference in the results after I badged up Pippen and LJ with shooting badges.

2. Learn the player's jumpshot. Timing mistakes are a lot less forgiving in higher leagues. So stick to player jumpshots you're comfortable with.

3. Learn to react and adjust offensively and defensively.

Defensively - I try to read what my opponent is doing offensively in the first few minutes. For example, if they're running a lot of PnR but aren't good at shooting or attacking from the PnR, I'd just go over or under the screen. But if they can run an effective PnR, I'd play off ball during the PnR and bring a third defender to help. Obviously, if you're playing off ball during screens, you'd need to have good defensive settings in your game plan.

When playing on ball, I'd gauge what the other person is doing offensively, if they are good at shooting out of ISO dribbles, I'd stick to them a little tighter, and attempt steals a bit more frequent to force pick up dribble and make them uncomfortable. If they're not good shooters or attacks basket a lot, I'd sag off to defend penetration better, and also know who my help defender is to quickly switch to help. I also refrain from Turbo + Contest jump shot as that leads to a lot of fouls. I'd usually do contest with right stick or the Y or Triangle button, without turbo to minimize fouls.

Offensively, I swear about half of the people I play likes to off ball with their Yao's 80% of the game. I usually pick that up in the first 2 minutes and it's GG for them. I punish off baller's by running Pace motion cut to get good spacing, and call a good amount of with cuts to basket for my center. Off ballers are usually too slow to react to that. I'd also purposely call a lot of PnR or PnF with my center, and they're not very good at defending that manually, it's automatic basket 80% of the time.

You'd also need to be versatile on offense, learn to attack out of freelance, learn post moves, and and money plays to get good looks for your shooters. If you're facing good defenders, you'd need to have many ways to score and always stay one step ahead of your opponents, especially in fastbreak scenarios. There's a lot to learn here, so I'd suggest studying someone like Sam Pham on youtube for that.
Old 03-07-2017, 08:41 AM   #35
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by anditbeg1ns
You'd also need to be versatile on offense, learn to attack out of freelance, learn post moves, and and money plays to get good looks for your shooters. If you're facing good defenders, you'd need to have many ways to score and always stay one step ahead of your opponents, especially in fastbreak scenarios. There's a lot to learn here, so I'd suggest studying someone like Sam Pham on youtube for that.
Blackrain and ItsNick are better for that than SamPham. No self-promotion, no cult of personality and no renaming decades old basketball concepts out of ego. SGO and MrNBA2k do a great job teaching as well. If you want to know about Plays, Flops&Floaters does a great job breaking them down, even though his videos are in German.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2017, 09:28 AM   #36
Rookie

I just recently played 1 game of Myteam online without swearing! Then tried for a 2nd game to start a streak but didn't have any success. Hoping I can string a couple together before year end.
Old 03-09-2017, 02:07 PM   #37
Rookie

K_Aug's Arena

OVR: 8

Just hit 400 career victories. This is easily my best record for myteam. I'm trying to get to a 90% win percentage just so I can say I did that but Ls after my opponent quits in the first half isn't helping. Hoping I can add that diamond KD this weekend once I sell some stuff so I can have Diamond Russy, Harden and KD together.
Old 03-09-2017, 07:28 PM   #38
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

That Equalizer!

Old 03-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #39
Pro

GrimaceZ7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
That Equalizer!
This is why I spend as much time working on my Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby lineups as I do my best squad.
Old 03-10-2017, 02:19 PM   #40
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimaceZ7
This is why I spend as much time working on my Emerald, Sapphire and Ruby lineups as I do my best squad.
So I guess I'd be unstoppable with my all-Bronze lineup?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »