Home

Do you enjoy MTO?

This is a discussion on Do you enjoy MTO? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #9
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Do you enjoy MTO?

I didn't want to say the "E" word but in my opinion it also has a huge impact whether your able to stop cheese or not. I've been tracking my games and it's always noticeable that the 4th quarter against low difficulty opponents is kinda scripted. contested shots/layups go in all the time ...lose balls/rebounds always end up in the opponent hands...and so on. Sometimes there are situations where you just can not deny it's real. Especially if you track your games, have an eye on low tier opponents and observe the 4th quarter in comparison to the rest.

Last edited by justlaze; 01-26-2017 at 11:46 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:42 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

2K could fix a lot of the terrible AI defense if they really wanted to. I think they believe they would be removing a large part of their consumers that buy VC if they did so. My team could be really fun with some adjustments but it is more frustrating than anything right now.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:53 AM   #11
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

As a defensive player, I can say that I'm still enjoying MTO.

I have fun playing defense and shutting down offenses. Defense this year is nowhere as good or easy as 2k16....but this gives me an extra challenge.

Its super satisfying shutting down 5 out ISO ball or PnR one trick ponies. I force at least 10 turnovers per game and aim to hold my opponents below 45 pts as an extra challenge.

So even tho there is a lot of cheese in MTO, I still have fun because I like the challenge of trying to shut it down.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Operation Sports mobile app
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EarvGotti
As a defensive player, I can say that I'm still enjoying MTO.

I have fun playing defense and shutting down offenses. Defense this year is nowhere as good or easy as 2k16....but this gives me an extra challenge.

Its super satisfying shutting down 5 out ISO ball or PnR one trick ponies. I force at least 10 turnovers per game and aim to hold my opponents below 45 pts as an extra challenge.

So even tho there is a lot of cheese in MTO, I still have fun because I like the challenge of trying to shut it down.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Operation Sports mobile app

Great points, I always wondered what has worked the most for others? I tend to do go over or under (depends on mathcup) then no hedge, normally I on ball the ball handler and then off ball the pick to prevent inside passes then off ball corners so nobody comes down to help for no reason, It's a lot of switching back and fourth but I wondered has anybody else tried anything else that works more effectively?
Old 01-26-2017, 12:14 PM   #13
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

the last time I genuinely enjoyed online myteam was 2k14, before most of the bs. if you were bad, you were screwed.

now is like what's the point of playing
Old 01-26-2017, 12:19 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ownal0t
the last time I genuinely enjoyed online myteam was 2k14, before most of the bs. if you were bad, you were screwed.

now is like what's the point of playing
2k14 was pretty good. You could play HOF 6 minute quarters on MyCareer and get like 4k VC and buy a pack in MyTeam. The only problem was the zig zag cheese, but it was fun outside of that. I enjoyed restrictions on MTO and how domination required bronze and 1 silver teams. It made the mode much more diverse and unique and not just about getting the best cards from day 1.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:38 PM   #15
Rookie

I personally gave up on setting up the settings and just leave them on auto. I leave Ace on and adjust with the on the fly menus. It has made it easier to adapt. Might use 23 zone for a couple of possessions and switch back to man right when I think they realize I am in zone. It will be problematic to these cheeser abusers.

The computer can play good defense if you move your defense offball into the right areas. If you see a shooter with too much space switch to offball and move the appropriate defender while watching to see how your opponent react. Then you can go back to on ball or not.

If some want to just spam isolation dribble moves in will sit back and watch off ball. Then go on ball and back up to get them to shoot. Most of the time they will miss because a recent update does drop effectiveness of shots after too much dribbling.

I think we try to force the game into how we want to play. Sometimes I try to score with one player since he should be open only to put up a bad shot instead of reacting to the situation and waiting for the open man. Try to play creatively and different ways and there is no reason anyone should be bored. That is just whining. People are really good at whining.....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2017, 01:40 PM   #16
MVP

justlaze's Arena

@landman2060

Yea I'm whining while laughing cool story bro

So whats your roman about?
Yes - you can have fun with your own creative offense - we know it, although that's not the point.

The meta shifted from 4-1 small ball offense to 5 Out athletic cutters/3PT this year.

It's not the problem dealing with them, but it's annoying to face the same kind of strategy all over again.

If you're having fun stopping it thats okey, but I might start playing more League with people interested in SIM than grinding through the cheese just to get Duncan.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »