Home

All around theme

This is a discussion on All around theme within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2017, 04:36 AM   #65
MVP

justlaze's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: All around theme

Quote:
Originally Posted by landman2069
I think that the 21 pack boxes must be on fire. I pulled 3 boxes and first topper was Joe Johnson and 3 ruby. Next box topper was Rose and I pulled Wilt and a couple of rubys. Last box topper was Rose again and I didn't pull any ruby's or amethyst. Pretty sure I will complete this collection now with the MT from Rose.

I have never ever had that kind of luck in the packs.

Sweet pulls man. Just keep in mind that not everyone is digging Drexlers shot animation despite how godly he can finish and defend. Maybe give him a try at PlayNow first before you dump all the MT on him.

I also don't like how they havent boosted his speed with ball nor his 3PT in comparison to the Rockets version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 05:21 AM   #66
Pro

I opened 2 topper boxes and pulled rose, a few amys, and all the rubies. Decided against getting Drexler. Sold everyone except rose and Mcdyess. Currently got both rose and Mcdyess in the starting lineup and having fun with them.

Rose is lightning quick and great on offense. He is running the pnr with drob brilliantly. Also his finishing and shot both are very good. His D is iffy. I was playing some friendlies against p234 and I couldn't stay in front of his Isiah, I kept getting abused with the floor spaced. When I use magic, west, or penny I can defend him a lot better. I'm going to keep trying rose in road for a few days and may end up selling him.

Mcdyess I thought I would mess around with for one game then sell. He surprised me so I kept him and he's proving to be really strong. His first game off the bench he had 10 points and 5 rebounds as a 3rd string reserve. Then I put him in the starting lineup and he had 15 pts 3 boards on 7/10 shooting. His post game is awesome. He can also grab offensive rebounds and put backs real well. His D is good he has help D and pnr D in the high 80s. I put a Lat quickness shoe on him that bumped his Lat quickness to 71 and strength to 93. He can defend the perimeter pretty well but struggled against draymond in the pnr. I'm going to keep running him a bit and maybe write up a full review on him later.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:23 AM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba13laze
I opened 2 topper boxes and pulled rose, a few amys, and all the rubies. Decided against getting Drexler. Sold everyone except rose and Mcdyess. Currently got both rose and Mcdyess in the starting lineup and having fun with them.

Rose is lightning quick and great on offense. He is running the pnr with drob brilliantly. Also his finishing and shot both are very good. His D is iffy. I was playing some friendlies against p234 and I couldn't stay in front of his Isiah, I kept getting abused with the floor spaced. When I use magic, west, or penny I can defend him a lot better. I'm going to keep trying rose in road for a few days and may end up selling him.

Mcdyess I thought I would mess around with for one game then sell. He surprised me so I kept him and he's proving to be really strong. His first game off the bench he had 10 points and 5 rebounds as a 3rd string reserve. Then I put him in the starting lineup and he had 15 pts 3 boards on 7/10 shooting. His post game is awesome. He can also grab offensive rebounds and put backs real well. His D is good he has help D and pnr D in the high 80s. I put a Lat quickness shoe on him that bumped his Lat quickness to 71 and strength to 93. He can defend the perimeter pretty well but struggled against draymond in the pnr. I'm going to keep running him a bit and maybe write up a full review on him later.
Nice review man, cheers
Old 02-01-2017, 06:04 AM   #68
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ideaman81
This Jalen some op personality badges. He plays pretty well too. He might be in contention for one last players off my bench just to have someone that can match up against bigger PGs.
I was going to say that I had tried out his Ruby and was disappointed by how slow his dribble transitions are, but looked at the badging of the Amethyst...dear lord. You're right. He's stacked. One of those very few guys who has Floor General, Defensive Anchor...and Clutch Performer...and Microwave...and Hardened. And 16 normal badges, so you can have him badged up to an ideal level.

It's kind of odd that they gave him Defensive Anchor when they short-shrifted him on defensive ratings...81 Lat Quickness is okay, nothing special, very low 63 Contest, nonexistent Block, bad stealing ability, and a weak 51 Strength.

The badging makes him tempting, as do the hot zones outside. He'd probably fare pretty decently against a Penny if you put a Lat Quickness shoe on him, but he'd be far from ideal to guard a Magic.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:28 AM   #69
Pro

ideaman81's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryl
I was going to say that I had tried out his Ruby and was disappointed by how slow his dribble transitions are, but looked at the badging of the Amethyst...dear lord. You're right. He's stacked. One of those very few guys who has Floor General, Defensive Anchor...and Clutch Performer...and Microwave...and Hardened. And 16 normal badges, so you can have him badged up to an ideal level.

It's kind of odd that they gave him Defensive Anchor when they short-shrifted him on defensive ratings...81 Lat Quickness is okay, nothing special, very low 63 Contest, nonexistent Block, bad stealing ability, and a weak 51 Strength.

The badging makes him tempting, as do the hot zones outside. He'd probably fare pretty decently against a Penny if you put a Lat Quickness shoe on him, but he'd be far from ideal to guard a Magic.
I should have said more of mismatch option, my bad. I noticed the flaws you cited pretty quickly too. I bought him mainly for blacktop and to have a second floor general on my 2nd string team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-01-2017, 08:24 AM   #70
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by benuetzer
IMHO release of Wilkins is much more easier then from Clyde. Clyde is so quick, hard to green

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Dude they have the same release.

I prefer quick releases. Clyde's isn't as fast as Horry's, it's more manageable.

Odds are much improved, I hope this is a turning point like last year around this time.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:14 AM   #71
Rookie

AsYouSwish's Arena

I'll give a brief Jason Kidd review. I got him for 95,000 MT on PS4 but saw him going for 90,000 later in the night. He is just what I was looking for in a PG. Only got to use him in 2 MTO games (both quit around half time) and 2 solos. He's extremely quick on both ends. He was going under screens and still recovering to close out on shooters. Always stayed in front of his guy. He also knocked the ball away ~3 times off of help reach ins where the computer controlled it. If his man is in the area of the ball handler Kidd just takes a step over and rips it. He's one of the better perimeter defenders I've used. Reminded me some of MRR.

Offensively, he's great in my system but may not work for everyone. Super quick off screens and creates a ton of space with his ball handling. I didn't have any issues with layup animations but I'll admit I also haven't had opportunities in traffic, in general he's just beaten his guy to the paint so it's an easy 2. His shot is slow, it's not a hard shot, just slow. Moving shots still come off fast but his set shot doesn't release quickly. Might be a problem for some but the PG just needs to shoot when he's open on my team so it works fine.

For me, this is an end game player (there will be better PGs but this is everything I'm looking for). Reminds me of Payton of years past. I highly recommend if you like a defender/distributor type of PG. Probably not the best fit if you have your PG look to score first. Looking forward to playing more games with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2017, 09:29 AM   #72
Rookie

Dengness9's Arena

Opened two box toppers around 2am.

First box, meh. A Mcdyess and tons of rubies.

2nd box, Drose in the 8th pack and then the box topper came in as the last pack, which was a 2nd Rose.

Very pumped. Already have Kidd, but I'm not going for the set. Not a big Clyde guy and have enough elite wings already.

Can't wait to integrate Rose into my lineup and sell the other one on XB1 AH for 240-300. Put like 70 some games on him too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »