Home

Diamond and PD card rating boost discussions

This is a discussion on Diamond and PD card rating boost discussions within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2017, 06:07 AM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Diamond and PD card rating boost discussions

If 2k made reasonable adjustments like these upgrades regularly they would be much more respected. So what that people lose value on cards they want to sell back. Try keeping them and finishing collections for really nice rewards. The game should reward the collection grind not the card flipper.

Also cheaper cards allow more to field a competitive team. Nothing wrong with that in my book. I don't care that I paid 100k for harden when you can buy him for 70 now. This is a step in the right direction and I appreciate it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 08:12 AM   #42
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
the USA cards still remain the best...just look at the amy badges and intangibles. just because Worthy is now 98 rated does it mean he is better than Pippen or can replace D-Rob at the 4 in starting lineups? Hell no.

This patch was very much needed and is recognized as one of the better moves from 2K this season. The TBT Diamonds needed this big update because they were far behind the theme diamonds. It's more than fair giving them stats boosts, hotzone or animation fixes to even things a bit out and YET the Amy Badges, which are very OP, belong to the USA guys.
So I don't really see the reason for your rant tbh.

Instead of making older collector/TBT cards completly useless and forcing us to trash them (which by the way would be the real money grab!) they show decency with this patch:

a) People who grinded hard for collector cards get rewarded and don't fall behind after few months because of new content

b) People who invested a lot of VC or MT to lock TBT collections don't get their money stolen because they still have value in current meta

c) this is the opposite of a money grab
I didnt say that tzhe intention of the boosts is a money grab.
It's just a bitch move to change ratings and values in the middle of the game cycle, thats all I'm saying. I'm happy about PD Duncan became even more of a monster, he was already posterizing everyone and has a +10 contact dunk now (which proofs that they didnt get his game right btw). I'm happy about Grandma is such a superior card now, as well as Goonrich and PD Isiah.
But all this doesnt change the fact that this is like a state intervention that changes the market rules like a Trump decree without any supervision.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR

Last edited by ChiliPalmer; 02-15-2017 at 08:16 AM.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:57 AM   #43
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
While you all super excited for the upgrades, no one mentioned that

a) USA reward cards - the most expensive collections - got no boost, which makes zero sense

b) moments and other cards lose a lot of value over night. I sold mine before the All star packs but for some its a huge loss i guess.

c) its not foreseeable and calculable. They grab the money for USA collections and change the rules afterwards.

A, The DT cards didn't need a boost. Seriously compare them to the other diamond rewards pre update.

B, moment cards could lose a lot value over night at any time.

C, They've been cheating the rules with the theme rewards. There's a reason these guys have intangible ratings in the 40s and 50s. The rules had to change.

I have 4 DT reward cards and I don't feel no way about the historic and collection reward card getting updated.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:07 AM   #44
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scramz718
A, The DT cards didn't need a boost. Seriously compare them to the other diamond rewards pre update.

B, moment cards could lose a lot value over night at any time.

C, They've been cheating the rules with the theme rewards. There's a reason these guys have intangible ratings in the 40s and 50s. The rules had to change.

I have 4 DT reward cards and I don't feel no way about the historic and collection reward card getting updated.
Dude you can argue with yourself about who deserved a boost and who didnt; my point is THE WAY they implemented it is dictatorial and unpredictable, this is not how a mode like this should be. I cannot remember any other video sports game changed tiers and ratings in the middle of the cycle.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Old 02-15-2017, 09:12 AM   #45
MVP

justlaze's Arena

Quote:
Dude you can argue with yourself about who deserved a boost and who didnt; my point is THE WAY they implemented it is dictatorial and unpredictable, this is not how a mode like this should be. I cannot remember any other video sports game changed tiers and ratings in the middle of the cycle.

It's unusual to change tiers in the middle of the cycle, but if it's for the greater good and balances the game why shouldn't it be done? For me it seems like they admit management errors and instead of just looking away they actually make a change. From my perspective that's a thumbs up. It's a step towards the community, therefore I don't really get why you are being cocky about it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #46
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by justlaze
It's unusual to change tiers in the middle of the cycle, but if it's for the greater good and balances the game why shouldn't it be done? For me it seems like they admit management errors and instead of just looking away they actually make a change. From my perspective that's a thumbs up. It's a step towards the community, therefore I don't really get why you are being cocky about it.
Lol i wont be cocky about anything regarding a video game. I might get a lil surprised though about you ignoring what I'm talking about and making your insignificant statement. I'm really happy that you like all changes. And i hope you thumb up to it all day. To change the rules, values and market economy in a card collecting game mode like this is still amateurish.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Old 02-15-2017, 09:36 AM   #47
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:

I clearly addressed your points in that quote.

Things needed to change they been manipulating ratings to keep cards below pink diamond tier. Collection and historic reward cards were getting outclassed by moments and theme cards. This is a good thing, I don't see the problem at all.
Old 02-15-2017, 09:39 AM   #48
Rookie

Wait until 2K decides to release Black Diamond Brian Scalabrine OVR 101

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »