Home

What would you want from my team 2k18?

This is a discussion on What would you want from my team 2k18? within the NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What would you want from my team 2k18?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
All these are good suggestions. The one I haven't seen yet that I really want is the ability to customize playbooks to our liking. If I know plays from different books that suit my style well, I should get to put them together into a single playbook. Everything else is customizable, why shouldn't playbooks be?
I am not sure this is a very good idea. Greanted in an idealworld it would be. But thereare too many plays in 2k gameplau that are just unguardable by teammates A.I.

You try many things, switch to zone, offball, etc until you manage to stopone repetitve play all game long.

Now imagine the same player using 3-4-5 of these plays
Old 04-24-2017, 10:00 PM   #18
Pro

Bi00's Arena

Fix matchmaking 2K, please stop the following type games from happening. I demoted myself to All-Star to see how a god squad fares at All-Star. First game, I get matched up with a very very likely "Pro" player who hits 5 fully contested away 28+ ft fadeaway threes.

Game proceeds to be a 118-59 "interesting" match. I can't escape this mismatch bs even if I wanted to.
Attached Images
File Type: png Balanced.PNG (182.6 KB, 102 views)

Last edited by Bi00; 04-24-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:15 AM   #19
MVP

I mostly want what will never happen: cards in the game match up with reality and NBA history. The exciting content each year shouldn't be which crazy Diamond they'll crap out but, instead, what cool new mode or challenge will they create for your team to take on. Stop releasing players from an alternate reality and start creating some fun things to do. It's all upside-down and backwards right now which is why I'm out next year.
Old 04-25-2017, 01:27 AM   #20
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by knick9
I mostly want what will never happen: cards in the game match up with reality and NBA history. The exciting content each year shouldn't be which crazy Diamond they'll crap out but, instead, what cool new mode or challenge will they create for your team to take on. Stop releasing players from an alternate reality and start creating some fun things to do. It's all upside-down and backwards right now which is why I'm out next year.
russel Westbrook three point Sniper. you dont play 2k? everybody know that
Old 04-25-2017, 09:36 AM   #21
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Just fix that stupid getting losses for rage quitting garbage. The fact that that glitch is not fixed 7 months and 12 patches into this game's life cycle is digusting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2017, 09:47 AM   #22
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdatyt
Make grinding the game just as viable or more close to as viable as buying VC. The amount of MT you get from games, challenges, and trials is ridiculous. Get a triple double for 75 MT? I can't even buy a shoelace for 75 MT. The most MT you can earn from a single game is like 3,000 MT and that's basically going perfect from 3, perfect from FT and playing a 1,200 MT challenge. It's crazy.

Also the off-ball defense. It's an issue in the game period but it's almost comical in MyTeam. Last game I played Kawhi Leonard, a top 5 all time defender literally ran away from his man who was open in the corner.

Fix blacktop. No way should unlocking Isiah should work like this. Some guy who hasn't even played 1,000 games gets lucky and gets him after a loss, but there are guys who reach 1,000 wins and still don't have him. The technical foul aspect is garbage. The players are outdated, like I got Amethyst Amare and he can't even see the floor in my current lineup. The technical foul aspect is garbage. There should be more of a skill requirement than luck requirement to get one of the best cards in the game.

Better and more dynamic duos. This was one of my favorite aspects of the game and they half-A**ed it all year long and made it unfair. I would have picked Francis over Marion if I knew he'd get a DD later.

Better content planned. You can almost tell that 2K was going off the cuff with these cards. The moments system was completely inconsistent. Westbrook and AD broke it within the first month.

Then some of these themes that just didn't add up. We still don't have a Steph Curry that's as good as Jimmer because 2K planned poorly. Same with Klay still only having a Ruby or Kat not having a Diamond. Players should receive less upgrades or not have an automatic jump in tiers. I think a mix of the dynamic system and the moments system should be the standards going forward.

More card information. So much vital information is missing. Dynamic duos and affects of DDs. Player type as far as plays you can call. Amount of badge slots. Shouldn't have to rely on an external website for this.

Removal of this system where players have off games. I averaged crazy numbers with LeBron my first 5 games with his diamond card, then all of a sudden I played against an Amethyst KD and my LeBron was useless. Even when wide open, he couldn't do anything in the post, he was just garbage this game and I know LeBron's release which is why I play through this card so much, he's my favorite player.This is after torching Diamond Kawhi, PG, & Pierce. I understand it adds variation in the game, but variation is highly problematic when you're in a seed that you can't lose games in.
I don't care what anybody says, but 2k has done something to vary a players play no matter what you do as a user. I think 2k has nerfed repeatable actions. I know of guys who have masters players releases and animations and they get inconsistent results and that is not fair or accurate. the game #1 priority should be user skill. Stop punishing guys who have took the time to practice and learn the game with erratic results.
Old 04-25-2017, 09:58 AM   #23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabamaru
I am not sure this is a very good idea. Greanted in an idealworld it would be. But thereare too many plays in 2k gameplau that are just unguardable by teammates A.I.

You try many things, switch to zone, offball, etc until you manage to stopone repetitve play all game long.

Now imagine the same player using 3-4-5 of these plays
There is (and i repeat) no unstoppable play in 2k every play or team has a weakness. It is up to us as players to counter it. That is called COMPETITION.
especially in MYTEAM , you can always neutralize a player. my job as a user is to create mismatches offensively and defensively, including adjusting to and shutting down my opponent.
Old 04-25-2017, 11:30 PM   #24
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

Force players to have normal wood colored courts and no dark home jerseys! I'm sick of not being able to see my plays or thinking my guy is wide open only to realize it's just an opponent who insisted on making his home jerseys a dark color.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball MyTeam »